Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[LOG] Ill-considered (Csinda, M'ari, dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:55 am
Quote:
Csinda's leg was having a good day today, even though her wing had morning practice, and that usually left her limping in the afternoon.

Better than drinking in the evening, Tijuth muttered softly, though still intended for her beloved to pick up on.

Csinda made a rude gesture that the green couldn't have seen, since she was outside, eating, and Csinda was inside, doing the same. Since there was no obviously intended target for her vulgarity, anyone in the vicinity could have interpreted it as being meant for them. Csinda didn't care. If somebody wanted to start something, she was up for that. She never turned down a fight.

Though perhaps you should, was Tijuth's suggestion. I'm going to get fat if we keep getting grounded.

Csinda made a different rude gesture, knowing Tijuth would pick up on the sense of it, even if she couldn't see it.

Quote:
M’ari saw the gesture. He wasn’t sure it was meant for him, he didn’t think he knew Csinda. Not very well. Certainly not well enough to have earned such a vulgar gesture. Had he offended her somehow?

You might want to ask, Shanath suggested. She was always encouraging M’ari to branch out. She said his branches were still tightly wound, a tree could never prosper that way. That way, you can apologize before things become worse. You wouldn’t want an explosive argument, would you?

M’ari would have rather done almost anything to avoid a fight. He sat nearby, looking carefully at the woman. Well. “I’m M’ari,” he said. “You’re Tijuth’s rider?” Of course he remembered the dragon’s name, rather than the rider’s. He hoped that didn’t make this situation worse. “Shanath’s mine. I’m sure they know each other. Er... Have I upset you?” He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. Shards. He didn’t know what to say.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:55 pm
Quote:
Csinda's attention snapped to the younger rider.

I bet he thinks those gestures were for him, Tijuth remarked. You should probably apologize.

Csinda just barely stopped herself from making yet another rude gesture at her dragon, and so when she spoke it was with an echo of draconic laughter in the back of her mind. "M'ari. Good to meet you. I'm Csinda, and I've no idea if Tijuth knows Shanath...?"

Here she paused to allow her green to comment, but was met with a mental shrug. Tijuth was pretty sure she'd watched Shanath hatch, but the age difference meant that there wasn't much reason for her to know the younger green yet. Leaving out the part where Tijuth rarely went out of her way to talk to new people anyway. She preferred to let Csinda do all the socializing for both of them. Though sometimes she wondered if that was really the best idea. Csinda could be pretty abrasive.

"Nope. Seems not. Anyway, no. I don't think you've done anything to upset me. Kind of self-centered, aren't you? Just assuming that my gestures are meant for you, even though we don't know each other?"

Csinda! Tijuth admonished. She knew her rider was having it on with the youngster, but she wasn't sure the youngster did. To Shanath, Tijuth said, She's joking. I promise.

Quote:
The greens didn’t know each other? Maybe today’s meeting would amend that. M’ari knew Shanath loved making friends. ...Goodness, Csinda could snark! She reminded him of D’mar. His tongue had been barbed when they’d first reunited. M’ari rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably.

Self centered? Was he? “Er...” he began.

Shanath snorted acknowledgement. Yours has an unique sense of humor. This will be interesting.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:56 pm
Quote:
That's one way to put it, Tijuth agreed with Shanath. Csinda's grin spread wide and toothy as she snickered at the young man's stammering. Even Tijuth's mental contact with her was tinged with amusement.

"Relax, kid. I'm just having you on. Are you always this uptight?"

She looked M'ari over and shared the mental image with Tijuth, asking the Thread-scarred green, What do you think? Will he grow out of it?

I haven't, the green pointed out. But that doesn't mean he won't.

"It must be exhausting to worry like that all the time," Csinda observed. "I suggest wine. Does wonders."

Shanath might be too young for that, Tijuth pointed out. She wasn't always very good at remembering how long ago things happened, to her embarrassment, and so she wasn't sure how old Shanath was, or how long it would be until her human was allowed to imbibe once more.

"I happen to have a bit of it in my flask," Csinda went on, ignoring Tijuth's caution. "I'll share. But then you have to tell me a joke."

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games