Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Location] Irithyll
[ prp ] Another Side, Another Story (Painted Light/Canicus)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:34 pm
xHeavenlySnow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[ final wc 1,114 ]

Painted Light was in awe.

The guardians of the strange stone markers had said that their home was a wonderful place, but words failed to capture the depth of beauty around her. The she-wolf had never seen so much vivid color concentrated in one area - beyond, even - and she was enraptured from the moment she stepped through the open portal. For a moment, she truly forgot she was anything more than a vehicle by which to experience this new, rich environment.

Little things niggled at her--food, her children--but the former seemed paltry and the latter, well, they were grown up. She had not been kind while raising them anyway, so she doubted either her son or daughter would notice her absence.

Eventually, though, Painted Light did need to grab something to drink. Searching for...how long had it been now? A day? Several? She had hardly noticed. She eventually heard the trickle of water and found herself at a small stream to drink and bathe in. Heavens, she did need a bit of a bath now that she smelled herself...And so she dunked headlong into it almost like a pup, rolling into the water with childish glee at this magical new land called Irithyll.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:11 pm
User Image
Canicus had grown a mite bored with his day to day rituals. With that in mind, he settled on a change of pace and a change of scenery. So Canicus set off the previous day at a trot across his home land of Irithyll. It was truly a wondrous place, but when you've lived there all your life and never left, you tended to forget that and take it for granted. His pelt of fur practically blended in with the eternal twilight sky. It practically screamed that he belonged here, along the exotic colors of Irithyll. As he trotted along, he was able to take in some sights that he hadn't yet seen, but seemed more of the same. It was still nice to stretch his legs and go on a small adventure. Eventually reaching a forested area with a cool water stream, Canicus took a deep drink and settled in for a nap.

Loud splashing woke him up from a particularly good dream. Blearily, he raised his elegant head and yawned. He stood up, stretched out his long limbs and ambled over to the stream. There was an animal flailing in the very water he drank before his nap. Lovely.

"You there," he called in a rather deep smooth voice, "What are you doing?"

WC: 215

medigel

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:04 pm
It took Painted Light a moment to understand someone was speaking to her, so caught up was she in the sheer wonder of it all. But even that seemed to pale in comparison to the beautiful creature that had called out: when she looked upon him, the she-wolf stilled immediately, her eyes widening. There had been a number of fantastical creatures she had seen from afar--none had ever been this close or this engaging up until now.

She then realized how she looked and quickly got up, not bothering to shake herself dry. "I'm not very sure myself," she said with a small laugh. "When they told me this place was magical, I had no idea that..." She trailed away, her eyes tracing the unnatural colors on his form, how they ran into each other like the sky at dawn. "I came here hoping to get inspiration for my craft. This Irithyll has been something and more for my muse."

Heavenly Snow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:38 pm
He watched as the animal stopped splashing around in the steam and stood up to look at him. Oh, it was a wolf. Wait a minute, he blinked again, well it was a wolf but it wasn’t an ethereal like himself. The voice was feminine, so a female wolf...possibly a dire from the other side. He tilted his head curiously, the movement didn’t deter from the magicalness of his appearance but it made him look more adorable, maybe even more elegant with all the lithe lines of his form.

“Your craft you say,” he mused allowed. “What is this craft you speak of, dire wolf from the other side.”

He really had no tact. He was still rather young and had little to no experience with females and zero with anyone outside Irithyll. But now he was within speaking distance of not only a stranger from the other side, but a female one. She was quite lovely for a dire wolf, he thought, she was white but had sunset colors on parts of her. He thought those on the other side didn’t come in unnatural colors like him.

“Why is your pelt colorful? I was taught that wolves on the other side had natural pelts.” He finally added to what he said earlier.

WC: 214
Total: 429
medigel

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:49 pm
"Oh!" Painted Light gave a girlish giggle at his observation. "No, no, I wasn't born with this! Sadly. I have dye on. That's my craft," she explained, eyes alight with passion. "Painting and making things even more beautiful than before: stone walls, wolves, all manner of things. I wanted to see Irithyll in the hopes of being inspired again after hitting an art block, so to speak. Not to say my home--my world?--isn't beautiful, because it very much is if you look in the right places, but compared to this..."

She made a small circle and laughed softly again. The male's tactlessness didn't seem to phase her whatsoever in her joy.

"They didn't tell us there was even another world, you know. The portal just opened one day, and then the rumors flew. I almost didn't believe it myself..." She paused, remembering herself. "I'm so sorry. You can call me Painted Light, pretty thing."

Heavenly Snow

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:03 pm
So this strange wolf from the other side wasn’t colored like that from birth but from dyes. How curious. Did they all do that over there? Was it out of envy and desperation to be something they’re not or just to make things more beautiful, like this she-wolf said. He tilted his head quizzically. A thought occurred to him suddenly, “Does that mean you could paint something to look more natural? To blend in?”

Maybe he could visit, but he wasn’t sure about attracting attention. Sure he was built differently than the wolves on that side of the veil but he could potentially get by unnoticed if he looked more like them colorwise. Wait, did she just call him ‘pretty thing’? He looked momentarily bewildered. Then regaining his composure, he came closer and looked at her. “Hello Painted Light. I’m called Canicus, you can call me that too.” He wasn’t too keen on being called ‘pretty thing’ or having someone he knew overhearing being called that either.

“I’m surprised that our world isn’t well known. I know about your’s. Although it seems not very much. I didn’t know that wolves painted or dyed their pelts. Is there any other strange customs that you or others like you do?”

WC: 208
Total: 637

medigel

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:29 pm
"Canicus...A lovely name, and lovely to meet." So they had different naming conventions on the other side as well! How wonderful! Unless a canicus did exist, like a magical plant or particular animal...Painted Light had seen several such creatures so far, like horned rabbits and deer that could fly. Who was to say there were even stranger things still to be found?

Well, she could ask, but that seemed such a silly thing to probe about in comparison to the other things that wanted to spill out of her.

"I could certainly try," Painted Light responded, tilting her head curiously. "But I'm not so sure I could completely camouflage, say, you. Unless I found more black and white dye components, I suppose...Passing off what's left as dye wouldn't be too hard if someone didn't know. Though why would you want to hide those beautiful colors?"

As for customs, Painted Light mused for a few moments. "I can't speak for everyone. I come from a pack that had their own beliefs about a wolf's colors - they would've loved to meet you, for instance. Do you have packs here?" she asked.

Heavenly Snow

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:04 pm
He bobbed his head at the compliment. His kind tended to have bizarre (to outsiders) names, they weren’t named after something in nature or even random concepts. But their names had meanings he supposed. It was interesting that this wolfess was named after something. Painted Light, maybe like an aurora borealis? If he was born in her world, he most likely would have been named Sunset or Born of Fire or something else more colorful.

“It’s not that I don’t like my colors, it’s that if I cross the veil, I’m not one to draw attention to myself. Here I blend in with my surroundings, I’m one with my home.” He paused for a moment, she asked about packs here. “I don’t know if there are packs here. I tend to be on my own and besides my family, I have socialized much. I’m still rather young too.” Canicus grinned sheepishly. “So you are part of a pack in your world? What are they like? Why would they want to meet me?”

Canicus wasn’t all that interested in the world beyond Irithyll, that is, not until he met Painted Light. He had crept closer, curious about the differences between them but also about her. Was she really a white wolf under all her colors then? He didn’t seemed bothered by the fact he was now standing in the middle of the stream. He was just focused on her.

WC: 238
Total: 875

medigel

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 3:20 pm
"Hmm..." Hearing his reasoning, Painted Light nodded and began to circle him slowly, her artist's eye at work as she avoided splashing with each step. Some brown would be fine here, she supposed, along with some black, perhaps white..."I could make something work," she told him after a few moments. "But I can't hide your silhouette: you're much larger and longer than any wolf I've ever seen on my side. Just as a note."

She then stopped, her tail wagging slightly as she remembered her home, in spite of her...less than great escapades. "Color is a sign of life," Painted Light explained with a smile. "I was told a white pelt like mine, or other lighter colors, symbolizes a blank slate to color on. Purity of the soul. We can add what we want to be in symbols and dyes: strong, lucky, brave...So to see you in all of your colors, born rather than painted? I think you would inspire so many more the same way you're inspiring me. It's like the gods gave you their blessings from the moment you were conceived."

Then Painted Light laughed. "Of course, I can't blame you if you wanted to stay in Irithyll instead."

Heavenly Snow
(it's an npc pack as a note so they don't actually like have to prp a visit later lmao)

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 1:12 pm
He watched her circle him, head tilted in curiosity. Her mention of his size was curious. So his kind was taller and more lanky than those on the other side. Intriguing. Then again, here was one before him. Female, but males wouldn’t be much bigger and he stood over her pretty good.
“So are all wolves smaller like you?” he was genuinely curious.

“I love the concept of pelt colors. What do yours mean?” He was learning so much he didn’t know before. Painted Light brought all sorts of new knowledge. It made him consider actually going to her world to experience for himself. If she can break up his pelt color, maybe he could minimize the chances of being noticed. Although, as she had said, he was built way differently.
“I would consider visiting your world. I’m curious what it’s like.” He then moved to the bank and got out of the water, shaking himself off. “But I’m also happy to show you more of my world as well.”

WC: 170/1045

medigel

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:20 pm
"Not all, no. But most are about my size, I think, except for some new species I hadn't heard of before coming out lately. But my dyes..." She went thoughtful, not having had to recall the old ceremony in a while now. Painted Light had shunted it from her thoughts during her little rebellion, when she thought she could have gone against her upbringing and come out on top. Look at her now...Well, the others were unpleasant thoughts, and she banished the sight of them like a pond's reflection broke up with a splash of her paw.

"I wanted something simple," she explained. "Ears for clarity of the senses, nose for curiosity. The tail," she twitched it and looked almost girlish, "well, there is a story we have about a legendary artist who painted with their tail, more dexterous and elegant than the most delicate paw. I wanted to be their second coming, I guess. My scarf can tell you that I've been trying, at least."

She smiled down at it, and then back up at Canicus. "Would you mind giving me a tour, then, while we're here? I'm not in any rush to return home, though if it opens again, I wouldn't mind returning the favor."

xHeavenly Snow
we can probably wrap this one up within ur post or my next one!

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:38 pm
He watched her as she spoke. She was quite lovely close up and he loved the colors she chose to work with. The reasoning behind her choices of placement sounds pretty neat as well. He didn’t realize so much could have meaning before. Color seemed to be what his world excelled at without trying. He couldn’t wait to see her world beyond the veil but first, she wanted to see his world. Canicus smiled softly at Painted Light and nodded, “I’d be more than happy to show you my world. Follow me.” Together, he led them away from the stream and deeper into the heart of the world he called home, a world of color, magic and fantastical creatures.

WC: 119/1,164

medigel
Consider this wrapped up!

Heavenly Snow

Dangerous Shapeshifter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Dressed Up 200
[Location] Irithyll

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff