Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[GREENFLIGHT] A Green Morning (Yaguareth's Maiden Flight)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:36 am
User Image

It was time. As in all things, Yaguareth would feel no fear, no hesitation, and she would test those who would dare show their mettle. The sky did not call - she would this morning.

Aryale had felt it coming and it had left her more distracted than was safe - out of her own thoughts on the whole affair, rather than Yaguareth's biological need. She'd not been entirely sure on what to expect from it all. Now she would know.

I cannot wait for you to be ready. I am ready and I must. There was nothing but love, but no apologies in her voice as the young green stirred from her wallow, vivid purples coloring her gaze as she looked upwards. Drawn outside of her weyr Aryale ran a hand over Yaguareth's haunch. I will never be ready. Go. She would accept the twisting need in her gut, her chest, her head.

Yaguareth hadn't needed permission. At Aryale's blessing, however, she sprung upwards - high, high, higher. If you are brave enough to try, I am calling - and I will only take who is worthy! and if that was not many, she would not be offended.

-------

Yaguareth is noble and knightly, but also wild and rough. She does prefer the green type, but her winner is not limited to them.

Aryale is lawful and currently a whirlpool of nerves. She is currently on the fence as to if she'll take the rider of the winner or if she'll pursue the object of her (hidden) desires.

------

Yaguareth has no stats as she will not be rolling! Most of you may not be either, however......

Determining your stats!
All chasers have a base of 40!
+5 if they are an experienced chaser (has chased at least 2 times before - either on or off screen!)
+5 if a green
+2 if older than 10 turns

Take your total and divide it between
Strength
Speed
Dexterity
Stamina
Wits

NPCs are allowed!

You'll see what we'll be doing with these stats in the first round!

Round 1 will begin Wednesday, March 4th at 7:00 pm MST  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:37 am
I hope this is open for posting. If not, I apologize and I'll delete this post.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Are you sure this is the best idea? R'bin asked as he felt his brown, Huarangith, gearing up to take place in a greenflight.

I am. Pretty sure. Why? Do you think it's a bad idea? The rust-colored dragon hovered over the bowl, awaiting his rider's input.

No, not a bad idea. They're just very young. Specifically, R'bin was thinking of the rider, who was not even twenty turns.

Yaguareth would not be flying if she did not feel ready, Huarangith pointed out. I will give chase and ensure that her first flight is exciting. You're under no obligation to pursue her rider.

That was true, and R'bin acknowledged it, apologizing for inserting his pink human nose into dragon business. There was a good deal of time before he either had to report for duty or pick Eri up from the creche, so at least the flight wasn't inconveniently timed.

Have fun, he bid his brown before making his way purposefully to his weyr, where he hoped to encounter no one for the duration of the flight.

One of many side effects of being responsible for his nephew was that he was no longer as eager for mating flights as he used to be, since he now had to worry about Eridan getting sick in the creche and needing to be picked up at any given time, or spotting another rider leaving the weyr and asking questions R'bin was unready to answer, or just generally complicating his life by adding more people to it. He was, unwittingly, becoming something of a recluse.

Stats
40 (base) + 2 (older than 10 turns) = 42

Strength: 9
Speed: 8
Dexterity: 7
Stamina: 10
Wits: 8

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:41 pm
User Image

There had been a certain glee that had come from being able to lounge on his own ledge once more, after spending months on months in the infirmary. Adjusting to life with a loss of a limb had been more than enough change for him for the next few turns, and for once had been looking forward to resuming rising to fight thread once more.

Yet a certain other type of rising caught Invenirth’s eye, turning to watch the young green in the morning’s light.

Yaguareth was a stunning lady, and her fierce cry only heartened the blue. He stood -- a slow, dedicated motion that caught his rider’s attention.

’Where are you going?’ The question was unnecessary, as L’rua could feel the beginning tells of flight lust coiling through their bond. The man had been mostly dressed, intending to make his way for breakfast. He cast a lone look at his door, contemplating company. The one, lone thought that swam to his mind shaken back.

’When the call comes, I don’t waste the chance.’ With careful measure, Invenirth launched from his ledge. Heavy beats of his wings took him higher, noting Huarangith with little more than a cursory glance.

Yaguareth! Thread itself couldn’t keep me down -- I look forward to seeing if I am worthy in your eyes.

----------

Invenirth is a kind, compassionate soul. He’s known to be fallible, an absolute sucker for attention and his temper being a bit quick--especially while he’s been on the mend.
L’rua is kindly staying in his weyr.

----------

Base 40
Experienced Chaser +5

Invenirth’s Stats
Strength 5
Speed 9
Dexterity 13
Stamina 7
Wits 11  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:04 pm
User Image

While one of the older dragons that had taken to the sky was most definitely for her - Invenirth, I will hope you give me good reason to think so - the other had given no such greeting, and as such Huarangith was given no response in turn. Only a brush of her mind that acknowledged the brown had taken a place in her sky.

Aryale, for her part, was simply going to be thankful that she had some time to rack her brain and decide how much she wanted to fight off those twisting feelings she got from Yaguareth. It could have been such a nice excuse - but she'd also resisted for her own reasons up until then.

Yaguareth sent a burst of love back to Aryale as she circled above the Weyrbowl, taking in any chasers who may have been falling behind on actually getting their wings about them. They had better hurry it up, as far as she felt. The day will not wait for any of us, let's see who will catch the sun first! Yaguareth bid, offering a brush of adoration for those who were already in the sky before taking off inland with one strong beat of her wings.

She'd not be a challenge of speed like some of her smaller sisters, but she would never the less give the larger chasers a run for their money - if they chose to run.

------
Rather than dice, Yaguareth's rounds will be determined by options laid out each of her (three) rounds!

Round 1: Keep Pace or Keep Back?

Keep Pace: Does your dragon stick close to Yaguareth? She is an inexperienced riser and it should not be too much of a problem to do so....

Or

Keep Back: Do they give her a little space just in case? She is a fierce green known for fighting down meals that aren't weak contenders......

Pick your option in bold in your post! Several things could happen depending on your chasers stats and how Yaguareth behaves.

Round One will last approximately until Saturday, March 7th at 5PM MST (AKA before Date Night Outing!) - latecomers can still join the fray until the next round!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:45 pm
User Image

I give you my all to judge, oh fierce one. What remained, at least. But losing a large part, he was eager to rise and fight once more -- and he would fight for Yaguareth's approval first. Let any of these other suitors think their worry, his focus was on the one who deserved it. He couldn't help but be excited to see Yaguareth's might, to see the spirit free of tethers and soar. Invenirth curled slightly, as if to physically lean into the mental brush from Yaguareth.

With a beat of his wings, Invenirth did his best to keep pace with Yaguareth--intent to try and stay as close as he could -- or as close as he was allowed to.

----------

Invenirth’s Stats
Strength 5
Speed 9
Dexterity 13
Stamina 7
Wits 11  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:12 am
Yaguareth would not allow Invenirth close without pushing back, swatting at the blue with her tail to force space, but also approving that he had not shied away from her either. She would take her chase farther inland, using the natural geography of the land to allow as close of calls as her pursuers would allow themselves - and perhaps closer than the young green should have gone, scraping herself against too sharp of edges.

But she'd not allow herself being worn ragged to make her simply be scooped up, determined to choose which arms - arm - would carry her for this first time. They would be Invenirth's.

Prism Shine
Sorry it's a bad wrap post, I just wanted to post *something* to wrap it officially to say he got to have the pretty green lmao ;P <3

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas