[PRP] Celebrating the life so far (Menolly and Raken) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:27 pm
Raken went to the market himself today, Guardians be praised. The decision gave her the time to finish the project. In honor of their anniversary, Menolly used every moment she could to create something for him. Menolly worked quickly on the final touches.

Guardians were kind to give her more time then she expected. Raken must have been extra busy today with as long as he has been out. Keeping busy with her task helped stave off any anxiety that would usually accompany this event.

Her needle moved against the already carefully stitched row through tough leather. In her hand was a weighted, finger-less leather glove. Its matching mate sat to her side. The leather was strong but soft and pliable for movement. She made the top thicker to protect his hands. As much as Raken enjoyed training, Menolly though that gloves to protect his hands and serve as a punching aid if it ever came to that would be useful. Her being herself, she added embroidered designs. The designs were small, such as representation of all the Guardians on both gloves and a barbed wire design like his own markings. And, of course, she had to add a few flourishes of her own. They should fit perfectly, after all she was well familiar with the side of his hands.

Double stitching gave the gloves more stability and the weight should allow them to assist with training. It wasn't her think but sure was his.

His favorite meal was cooking but would have to be taken off the heat soon to keep from burning the food. Wasting food was terrible, servicing bad food was intolerable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:26 pm
After his meeting with Alma, he was quick to start back home. The thought crossed his mind to go back to the market for a more suitable gift...but Menolly tended to worry when he was gone for too long. She stuck to him like honey, but was twice as sweet. He looked down at his heart pendant necklace.

It would have to do. He quickly lighted up the stairs to his door, and pushed it open.

The first thing he noticed was the warmth of the home, followed but the savory smell of pot roast. She made the best pot roast, with tender vegetables and meat. His stomach growled. Did she also bake corn bread? He quickly stuffed the necklace under a pillow - when did Menolly get that pillow? He swore he didn't have any in his house outside of his room prior to her arrival. Little bits of her influence dotted their home. "Menolilly?" Raken called her pet name softly, making his way to the kitchen. She probably was in there. "My apologies for the delay...I ran into a...unexpected situation."

Evilsilverdragon
AHHHH where did that pet name come from OMG Rak. I'm dying

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:20 pm
Two pots sat on the stove, one with the lid off bubbling away, the other had the lid closed. The gloves were inside the second pot, hiding the gift where he might find it added a spot of fun. It would be a race between her ability to keep it a secret and his ability to find hidden things.

The actual dinner received another stir as she put out the heat and let it sit. To the left was a bread shaped towel keeping the treat underneath safe until it was time to eat.

Her heart sped up as she heard his name for her. No one else would ever mistakenly call her that. She cherished that fact. Turning around on the ball of her foot, Menolly took off. Rushing towards her beloved, she threw her arms around him and hugged him. "Welcome home! Is everything alright?" She tilted her head to the side, her ponytail and bangs shifting to the left as she looked quizzically to her demon.

In the City she didn't expect a faun threat. Could he have been called by the Guardians? Found by a friend? Different benign situations flitted through her mind as she waited warmly for his answer.

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:06 pm
Thump thump thump, her feet hit the floor until launching her slender body into him.

He was used to this, and was ready to catch her in his own arms. While an hour ago he had been so cold, here he was so warm. Over the seasons she had chipped away slowly at the walls he made with unfathomable patience and persistence. He gave her a soft squeeze before offering a small apologetic smile. "Everything is fine. I...didn't anticipate running into Alma in the market." He paused to let that register before quickly resuming. "I had thought to bring her here, but she apparently can't keep a secret to save her life." Literally. He adamantly told her as much and she refused.

He lingered for a little longer before brushing a kiss on her forehead and separating. "Did you make pot roast?" Raken spoke with a hint of anticipation. The old tale went the way to a males heart was through his stomach. Certainly seemed to work for her - their first meeting was cooking a rabbit together.

Evilsilverdragon

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:14 pm
Giving him an extra squeeze, the angle just enjoyed the few moments of peace in his warm embrace. Her happy place. As he started talking, she looked up to to him as he explained what caused the delay. Alma, alma, alma..Oh her! She brightened up and had to chuckle, "Zofie described her as impulsive, sounds about right. Did she know who you are? I never told Zofie. Any news?" The City knew who Raken was, even if she hadn't at first, but did the world below know?

While extremely proud of her beloved, his wish for secrecy kept her silent on the biggest and happiest part of her life.

With her hands behind her back, she rocked on the balls of her feet with a barely contained smile. Her halo was quite appropriate for the moment. "I did, seemed a nice day to make your favorite. I just turned off the heat on the two pots. I am happy with the first one, not sure how the second one came out. Will you tell me what you think?" Why did she make two pots? He might wonder that one but surely curiosity would have him take a look and find the gift within. Food and a useful item, she was hedging her bets happily.

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:32 pm
Impulsive? That was one word for it. "She did. Couldn't convince her otherwise." Raken spoke dryly, thinking of how he tried to shoo her off. Though it did lead to him ultimately getting news - news of which Menolly craved. He knew just how much she missed the outside world...

If only he didn't make it so unsafe for her. It was a selfish choice of his to choose his feelings for her over her freedom, and let her stay when he should have pushed her away. But it was far too late for that now. "Actually...I hope you don't think poorly of me, but I'm now a great grandfather. They have three children. Must've been something in the air, because Tris has new kids himself." Raken shook his head in disbelief. All these babies were making him feel like an old relic.

A 'nice day' for his favorite. He was on to her. "Oh? Certainly." The walked towards the kitchen, feigning ignorance. He knew she wouldn't forget today. "And she pilfered a few of my rocks. From my cave. For her house."

He was both irritated, humbled, incredulous and touched, all at the same time.

Evilsilverdragon

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:57 pm
Floating a foot off the ground, Menolly clapped her hands together once. Golden eyes shining, she enthusiastically replied, "Congratulation! Great-grand kids and new nephews. Wonder what is in the air, or water down there.The City must have been spared." Spared or left out, no new children around here as far as she knew. None in the household, yet.

One day, guardians willing. There was a moment her eyes widened and she just pushed the thought away, for now.

To cover herself, she skipped over to the counter and lifted the towel from the corn bread, "Guess that means we should have a treat to celebrate the growing family and good news." Then, oh then she had to giggle.

Raken's expression was just too amusing. Something alone the lines of a put out but couldn't complain about being put out. Putting her hand on his arm she unintentionally echoed another's statement, "It is sweet that your home became part of theirs. Though I hope it didn't do too much damage."

Was too bad they couldn't go down there and see what state the cave was left in. Secretly she wondered if the curiosity would out weigh the concern. Probably not but she made peace with that long ago.

The whole island held nothing if he wasn't by herside.

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:33 pm
Raken nodded absentmindedly at stating the lack of babies in the City. He hadn't seen any about, but then again he tended to keep to the house, training fields or library. None of which would have many if any small children.

"I agree. There is much to celebrate tonight." He responded softly, steel blue eyes flicking over to her before to the corn bread. She even remembered the bread. She was always thoughtful. "Better not have." Raken grumbled under his breath, but his whole heart wasn't in the gripe. It was sentimental to have a part of him with them - which didn't mean much to a pae of logic, but it did mean something. He really was becoming soft.

Giving her a light smile, he reached out to one of the pots. She wanted him to give both a try; time to see what the issue was. He pulled open the top.

"I believe I see the problem. While leather is technically edible, I wouldn't recommend it." He spoke with humor, his smile widening even as he pulled out the leather gloves. They were sturdy quality, with good weight. Care had gone into its construction. "Menolly...did you make these?" The little personal touches of his pattern to the guardians. He gently set them on the counter, turned, and pulled the golden haired angel into his arms. Enveloping her lips with his, he expressed his gratitude in her favorite way in a deep kiss.

Evilsilverdragon

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:20 pm
Gazing at the doorway between the kitchen and the living room, a brief moment past where she could imagine little feet running through the room. One of them probably holding a wooden training sword. Another might be studying one of their books as part of the Guardians teachings. Yelling, chaos, laughter and sounds of little feet. "They probably have their hands full, chaotic but I'll bet the proud parents are enjoying every moment. Maybe we should send them something?" No one had to know it was from them, just some small way to be a part of that joyful chaos.

With a deep breath, the little bits of imagination shifted away. It was a fun thought, a warm ball in the heart.

Busing herself with making sure had a good sized piece of the corn bread on his plate, she casually kept working on plating. That was about the only way she could keep from bouncing -too- much. He was getting closer to the other pot. Closer. Closer. Almost there...

Her frist reaction was to laugh before pulling it in to a quieter giggle. The laugh just came out when he first reacted to what he found. It was only after the outburst that she could pull it back in enough.

Guardians she loved that man.

Her own work stopped and she watched carefully. How he reacted to the gifts mattered, oh she wanted him to love them. "I did," her answer came when he asked if she made them. Pride laced into to her answer between the bouncing joy and deep affection.

The next thing out of her mouth would have been to ask if he liked them. He showed in a much more meaningful way. She sighed into the kiss, practically melt into his his hold. Her own arms went around his shoulders keeping him close as she just lived in this moment. The moment was much less passive as she returned the kiss with enthusiastic interest.

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:45 pm
If he wasn't careful, he could easily drown in her affections. If it wasn't so early with dinner and his own gift to give, he'd retire for the night with her to show her just how grateful he was. She was after all, a stunning beauty to him, and he was just a mortal pae.

As his breath turned ragged, he finally broke the kiss to trail smaller ones across her cheek to her ear. "Thank you. I'll use them with pride." Raken tightened his arms in a final squeeze before letting go, and opening the other pot. "Now this makes a far better meal. My favorite in fact." In good spirits now, the demon grabbed his own plate to spoon the roast onto.

Evilsilverdragon

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:28 pm
A second after the kiss ended, her eyes remained closed as she just existed in the feeling. There were a few moments where her lip stuck out in protest to the kiss ending. Those moments were fleeting. Time enough for that later.

Content with his closeness, she moved to keep beside him and fill her own plate. "I thought you could use a favorite meal, the timing with the good news works even better." Guardians had great timing. While it clearly bothered him to be outted and his connections highlighted, the news was all the same welcomed. This would be a great dinner for the two of them.

The topic is also one she enjoyed.

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:26 pm
His eyebrow twitched slightly at her coy response. She made his favorite meal and hand crafted a personalized gift for him, but still didn't say what today was.

Was she being gentle in case he had forgotten, or didn't want to celebrate?

The thought only made her more endearing. "It was unexpected to meet her, and I'd rather I hadn't. However...I am glad to hear things are alright down there. They are keeping an ear out still for Malek. I have teenage great grand kids." He shook his head in disbelief as he fixed himself some corn bread. To think his daughters kids having kids...

The thought brought a nagging memory. In the very beginning, Menolly stated she had wanted to be a mother in the future.

Did...she want that still? Was that something he wanted? Raken started walking to the living room, the wheels in his mind turning. Did she want children...with him? A great grandfather who complained about the youth and went to bed early so he could wake at dawn?

Evilsilverdragon

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:46 pm
While a traitorous thought, Menolly held on to joy that Alma did find Raken. Not only did they receive updates that they wouldn't have gotten otherwise, but she still thought it was good for him. Zofie didn't know about the relationship and she had no idea who Alma was until today.

Bringing up Malek, Menolly added what good news (so she thought) that she had, "He must really be doing well at hiding. He isn't in the Hall of Lost Souls." She checked every time she was there. He was the first statue she looked for and the first prayer for the Guardians. They will provide for him. Raken had liked to be by himself, Malek might have taken after his Grandfather?

Trying to remember from the letters, Menolly inquired, "Zofie mentioned kids on the Ranch. I didn't know the connection. From what she says, you would be proud of those kids. Zofie talked about them in her letters but I had no idea they were related. I always loved the babies update." Her words trailed off wistful before she occupied herself by taking a bite of her bread for sitting down at the table.

"I'll make sure to share the updates from the letters on that front." The village was blessed with so many young lives. She blew on her spoon to cool down the bite in what came off suspiciously like a sigh.

Mist_of_the_Ages
Converstation: Can you pass the baby? Salt, I mean salt.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:55 pm
That did bring him some measure of comfort. Then again, neither was Kurt there but Zofie said he was dead. As the seasons passed, it seemed less and less likely anyone would see the mute grandson again. But he still held hope.

"When he finally comes out, Dyas is going to never let him out of her sight again." He sat in one of the plush seat, taking a bite as he carefully watched her from the corner of his eye. Should he ask her of her thoughts on children?

If he did, how would he even bring it up? The demon wasn't one for subtle inquiries

"Menolly, do you still want children?" Beating around the bush was a waste of time after all.

Evilsilverdragon
Oh sure I'll pass the salt - On second thought here's a baby blaugh

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:06 pm
Taking the opening for a moment of levity, Menolly added a dash of humor to compliment his own, "Grounded for life sounds about right for worrying his family." She had to chuckle, the image a far happier one then the alternative. That wouldn't happen, the Guardians would look after his grandson.

So she believed and prayed.

"Yes!"

Her golden eyes grew wide and she immediately dropped her spoon to bring both hands over her mouth. The gray of her face grew several shades darker. The answer to his question came out far, far to quickly for her brain to censor. "Oh, I am sorry," All she could do was apologize. That wasn't fair of her to answer like that. If he didn't want children then she was being awful for forcing her selfish desires on him.

Mist_of_the_Ages

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces