Welcome to Gaia! ::

|| Flourish ||

Back to Guilds

A Post-Apocalyptic Unicorn B/C 

Reply [RP] Homewood
R* [SRP]A Bond After A Storm (Adahy & Furrytail)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OneWintersNite
Crew

Kindly Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:34 pm
word count: 811

Before day brack...

The forest was cool and the ground was moest from the rain the night before. It was still very early in the dawn and not many of the creators of the forest were up yet. "Still sleeping after the hard nights storm." Adahy thought with a nob of understanding. Adahy would still be asleep to but the foset called to him. A call that he would never ignore. A hard night storm had fallen on Vykeli last night and as a botanic the forest need him.

The beautiful champagne sabino buck begins his walk to take an account of the damage the storm might have left. If there was any injured plant life he would mend it before the sun rises to high. Weaving this way and that way he makes his way in zig zag pattern heading to the river for a morning drink and healing nature as he goes. The storm had left much to be care for today and the nouls of the land would hard at work in no time.

Reaching the water, Adahy smelled it to make sure the storm hadn't tainted the stream they had been drinking from. "Its safe."Deeping his muses in to the cold water he take great hard pullsof water to quench his dry month, it was thirsty work healing the forest.

Some brush to the right shacks. Adahy head pops up instantly water still in his mouth and listens. The forest hadn't had much sound yet and though he didnt smell a predator he was still alert and at the ready. The brush shacks again and Adahy stares very hard at it in the hopes to see better. "Booooo." Yells a young Jack hop come start at Adahy. Adahy however is unfazed by the to trickster and smiles at the silly hopper while swalling his mouth full of water. " Aww it didnt work." The young hop say pawing the ground with his tiny fist and pouting. Its was about the cutest thing, Adahy though.

Still smiling at the young jack hop Adahy asked "Good morning young one. My names is Adahy. And where might your mother be this early dawn?" Adahy knew in a moment the answer to the question because the young hops demener made a chance from pouting to completely sad. 

Tears streamed down the round fluffy checks of the hop but he make no sounds. Adahy was both sad for him and proud to see the strangth this young one had. "I see well what is your name young one? Or should I call you young one?" Adahy didnt want the hop to explain the hurt until he was ready, so he moved to an easy question. Sadness still layered heavy in the hops voice when he spook " My name is Furrytail but my family called my FT."

"Well FT would you like to come with me? I am scouting out the damage from the storm last night and could use some sharp eyes like your to make sure we dont miss anything needing our attention."This had the desired effect on the young Jack hop that Adahy had hoped for. Furrytails ears perked right up and began hopping in place excitedly. " Oh that would be oh so much fun!!"

Starting off into the woods again FT hopped ahead happily asking if this plant or that plant need healing. Most of them where just find but every so often Adahy would heal a plant that FT was sure needed help. After an hour or two the young one was clearly getting tried but tried to hide it. "FT how about you hop up here and rest will I walk and heal."Adahy indicated to his strong back with a smile. The offer didnt have the desired reaction Adahy had thought it would. However it only took him a minute to realize it had more to do with the young ones feelings of being a special helper and less to do with the sleeping offer. 

"You know...if you sit up here you can spot the plants needing care better." That seemed to do the trick because FT hopped right up and settled in quickly. "Ready to go?"Adahy asked before walking again. "Yep yep." and out they went. FT called out four or five plants from Adahy's back but it wasnt long before slow even peaceful breaths in and out was coming from Adahy shoulders blades where FT was sitting.  

The sun was high above them now and the forest was very alive. As Adahy walked on and listened to the hop breath he began to think. "This poor hop clearly had lost his family at some point." Adahy didnt have the heart to push for answers. "One thing is certain he will stay with me." And with that though a bond was forever formed between Adahy and Furrytail.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:55 am
word count: 499

Come night fall....

It had been along day of wondering the forest and Furrytail had only napped for a hour on Adahy's back. That had been enough to recharge his batteries though and he was now asking what would be for dinner. Adahy had yet to offer the young hop a home with him but it seemed as though FT already knew.

"What would you like?" Adahy had never cared for a young one of any type. He was still youngish himself and had no fawns of his own yet. FT look back and forth to see what was around and spotted a very over grown BlackBerry bush. "Yummo." he said as he excitedly hopped over to the bush and began stuffing his checks as fast as he could. Satisfied that the young hop was being feed, Adahy began building a nest out of leafs and tall grass under a near by wayward pine. It would be dark soon and the cold would be on them in no time. Happy with the nest, Adahy eats a small dinner himself and by the time he returns to his nest the small hop in laying belly up and very rounded after a great dinner.

" Okay little guy you might want to move until I get in" Giggling FT and rolls awkwardly out of the way until Adahy is nestled in. Rolling back over to Adahy, Furrytail makes his new spot at the front of Adahys chest right tight against him. Sleep begins to take them as the world around them darkens. Just as Adahy is about to sir come to the dream world, a small voice wakes him. "Adahy? Will my family miss me as much as I miss them? The questions was almost more then Adahy could bare but by the great tree he would bare it for this little one. Clearing his throught Adahy says "No Furrytail. No they wont." The little frame of the hops body quivered and shook but still no sound parted from the hop. Nothing so young should have to be so strong. Adahy thought.

"Furrytail they will not miss you back they will always be with you. No matter where you are or how far you hop they will remain. You see they can see you so missing you is not something they feel." Adahy took a deep breath and prayed to the great tree he would only speak truth to this poor hop. "But I miss them so much." FT voice cracked when he said this. "And you always will but the great tree has sent you to me and me to you to care for you since they can not. One day you will be with them again but until then you will remain with me. If that's okay with you? Adahy waited for the young hop to answer. After wait seemed like forever FT said "Ok, thank you Adahy. nesteling in alittle tighter FT bairied his nose into Adahy chest and was fast asleep and Adahy wasnt far behind him.  

OneWintersNite
Crew

Kindly Kitten

ll Flourish ll generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 56!

ll Flourish ll
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:18 pm
REDEEMED

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
you found some seeds!

[RP] Homewood

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff