Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:13 pm
User Image

"N'anya, love. N'anya, love."

The pale lioness was mumbling beneath her breath as she moved though the common living area. She had come from the N'anya family shrine, the last that she had been seen visiting that week. Sure, it had been a good bit of time now since the lioness had joined the Agha family and had become an official member of the N'ezi-ozu, but she still seemed to have trouble pinning down the particulars of the pride culture and history. It was just so involved. She had started with learning the names, then their origins, then she got on the topic of their notable members and the history of marriages and from there on out it seemed to just snowball into this mound of information that she had dug so deep into that it was a dizzying task to try to wrap her head around it all.

The lioness took a breath, held it in her chest, then released it all at once in a big puff. Visiting the shrines helped. It put some sort of visual to pin all the information down on to. There were just so many stories. She just wanted to learn them all!

One step at a time though, yeah?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ndleleni, meanwhile, was engrossed in a nap. He had wandered out to the common area a while ago, for no particular reason other than new scenery, and had discovered that it was quiet, for once. Normally lions were chitchatting about around here, but today seemed like a quiet day. That was always nice, in his books.

The silence had made him doze off though. With nothing going on, the lion had found his eyes closing in no time, and soon he was snoring quietly from atop his rock perch.

At least, he was until the sound of mumbling caught his attention. Sleepy blue eyes slid open to glance at the person talking, and as he started to register what she was saying, he tilted his head curiously.

Finally, amusement coloring his voice, he spoke, "Indeed. N'anya is the family of love."

oo DeD

MangoMeow

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:37 pm
The lioness's steps stopped immediately as she heard the voice and she blinked in surprised. She felt herself flush with embarrassment as she looked up to the rock upon which the lion spoke. Qi had done her best to keep her 'studying' out of sight from the other pride members. She didn't want to come across as ignorant or anything. She looked up at Ndleleni with an awkward and almost pained smile.

"Heard that, huh?" she called with a self-deprecating smile.

Well, as long as she was caught, she might as well steer into it, right?

"Are they?" Qi asked, then immediately backpedaled. "I mean, yeah, that's their name meaning. But is there every any evidence of any family members bearing any resemblance to it? No, I guess that would be silly, right? I suppose N'anya can be loving, or what have you. But it's not like Agadi can be old or…" her mind trailed off into thought. Or what? Or Odachi could be disastrous or Aghugho could be treacherous? It sounded ridiculous to say, so she just didn't.

"Sorry. I'm just… just trying to put the narrative of it all together. It's nonsensical." Nonsensical, perhaps, but what a good story it could make for. A family that was prone to acts of fate, or who were all venomous in some way or another. How intriguing it would all be!
MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:45 pm
He couldn't help but chuckle at her rambling, though he nodded still. "Well, I won't say there there haven't been... incidents where N'anya haven't been a little too love-driven, but you're right, it would be silly to assume that each family brings those kinds of things." He hummed, "It was likely something of old that caused them to gain those terms, but I'm sure it's lost to time now."

He grinned, "I'd hope I didn't live up to mine, anyway. Otherwise, I suppose I'd probably be venomous, and wouldn't that be a sight for a lion."

Ndleleni paused for a second to consider that notion, and then shook it to bring himself back to the conversation. "So, I take it you're new around here?"

oo DeD

MangoMeow

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:29 pm
"Oh? What sort of in-" Qi seemed to perk up for a moment, enticed by the idea of a dramatic story related to love. As soon as she started to bring it up, though, she remembered the cautionary tales of the catacombs and the recent incident involving the blinding of a youth of the family. "Ah. Well I, er, suppose it makes sense that it would happen at some point."

She continued to listen with interest as the lion continued to speak. 'Otherwise, I suppose I'd probably be venomous…' "Elo!" she blurted. It was an action she felt immediately embarrassed for.

"Heh, yeah… I mean, how could you tell?" She said with a sheepish grin. "I'm not… super super new. Not from the recent batch, anyways. I've been here a little bit, but I'm still trying to integrate all of…" she waved a paw as if motioning to the entirety of the pride. "…this."

"My name's Qimmatli, by the way. Of the Agha." It felt so nice to describe herself as being part of a family. It still warmed her every time she said it. "You can call me Qi, though."
MangoMeow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:44 pm
His grin grew at her enthusiasm over figuring out his family, "And I'm Ndleleni. It's very nice to meet you, Qi." He was actually enjoying all the new blood in the pride, especially the entertaining ones like Qi. Still, he admired how involved she was with trying to integrate herself. Honestly, she was probably more involved than himself at this point, but then, he had learned all of this as a cub, which was terribly boring to one so young.

"It sounds like you're getting it though. I'm sure you're going to fit in just fine." He said with a light voice.

"Have you been enjoying the pride so far?"

oo DeD
I am a slow rp soul right now, sorry. ;;

MangoMeow

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out