Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Scars Like Stories (Khamaith + Cordrath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:10 pm
Waiting had been the hardest part of this whole journey, it had finally arrived. Acting as a shuttle for candidates coming to High Reaches, able to sit and witness a hatching happening away from her home sands had been an honor -- one that she had been well versed in how to act. Khamaith had been gentle, had given the reigning queens their space, had given the clutch the dues they were owed. After all, this day was for these hatchlings, and certainly not about her and her family. But would she take the chance while she could get her claws on it? Certainly.

Oh, but where to begin.
Where else, though?

Father? Her voice is soft, hesitant as she pauses in the weyrbowl. There’s so many ledges and weyrs, and it had only been once so many months ago that she had been to High Reaches Weyr. Now? She was an adult, grown with her own scars of life. Yet she felt a hatchling all over again, riding on her mother’s back to visit her family. She reaches out for Cordrath, gently hot-footing in her excitement to see him again. Papa?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:47 am
Every hatching Cordrath witnessed held less thrill than those he had played father to - but there was still something about new life that was exciting never the less. There was still the apprehension that came when an unsure dragonet hesitated, especially so after the loss at the last one High Reaches had hosted.

It stung in a different way than those who fell Between later in life, as several of his own children had over time - though those were far more personal as well.

But to be well enough to watch was it's own delight, and had Susurinth come he would have eagerly welcomed her to sit upon his own ledge and to dote as he'd been unable to for months. He was feeling the distance more and more, especially now that the little ones were grown enough to fly and fight themselves. It would be another gold that drew him this day, however, and one he also loved dearly.

Khamaith, my dear, Warmth and affection flooded his mental voice with abandon and he drew himself up awkwardly to seek her out. Where are you?

Prism Shine

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:41 am
Oh, let me join you! The sound of Cordrath's voice had Khamaith brightening up, unable to help the surge of glee as she drew herself up and launched into the air. Any trepidation at how her father might've felt at seeing her had been all but banished, for it had been a might long turn and some. But once in the air, able to see ledges from a better vantage, it had been much easier to pick out her father on his ledge than from her view on the ground.

Here I am, papa. She brought herself in closer, taking care to land on the ledge with care to her tender scars. Her eyes were bright, a whirling breeze of purple, blue, and green as she took in Cordrath--only taking in his missing limb. She had known he had taken a large injury in threadfall, but hearing and seeing were two different herdbeast. It's but a moment's hesitation, before she's moving in to butt her head under his chin with care and to gently cuddle against her father's side. She was but a tiny thing last she'd seen him, still small enough to ride on Susurinth's back.

Being unable to freely see her father, to see her siblings stationed at High Reaches stung her hearts, but meant all the more to her to soak up this precious day she'd been allowed to attend. She'd take every second that she'd been allowed to cherish.

Oh, how I've missed you. Affection and warmth fill her voice, only tinged with a touch of sadness. You and all my siblings. I couldn't not jump at the chance to possibly come..

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:35 pm
He would have fought her on the idea, but given how awkward a movement it was to get up from a laying position with only one leg to balance his torso's weight on, Cordrath instead put the effort into being drawn up and ready to welcome his daughter to his side.

And how much there was to take in now since the last time he'd seen her. As she looked over his scarred side with the missing limb, he took in each of those scars and felt something dark turn in his gut. Something far more familiar to M'nr than it was him, but he knew it for what it was. Such feelings would become fuel for later fires when he took to the sky again. If he'd not had such failings, perhaps there would have been less Thread to mar her hide so.

But he set it aside as Khamaith tucked herself up against him, drawing out a low rumble as he leaned into her. You have grown so big and capable while your father couldn't see it - and for that I am sorry to have missed so much. he'd have not blamed her if she'd had no paternal affection for him now after so much time apart. As long as she was willing to let him be dad, however, he would gleefully play the part.

Who else have you seen yet, my dear? Or has it mostly been attending to young Zenobiath's fesitivities? Surely even if she came as a guest she'd not been able to simply wander off as she saw fit - gold or not.

Prism Shine

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out