Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:46 pm
User Image

Chill Mist lay on her side in her burrow, breathing hard. She felt simply awful. She'd been out patrolling, doing her duty to the warren and she'd found some unusual foot prints. And then, out of nowhere, she started to feel hot. And sneezey. And her lungs hurt every time she inhaled. It was unfortunate all around. And what made it all the worse, other rabbits were out there doing HER job! She'd found those footprints, but she wasn't even feeling well enough to continue. And some of them weren't even guards! Ugh! She narrowed her eyes as she lay there, wondering what her options even were at this point. Probably just lay here. Ugh. UGH. UGH!

wc: 117

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:40 am
Caper was on his way back to the Guard barracks. After his brief patrol around the warren, he'd suddenly felt a wave of fatigue wash over him, followed by a giant sneeze. He had felt it coming on in the last couple days, but had sincerely hoped that it was nothing serious. Now, he wasn't so sure.

The onset of the sickness had come so fast, it had caught him off guard, and he was right outside Chill Mist's burrow when he was racked by a massive sneeze that knocked him off his feet, and... Ugh. He flopped down where he was, unconvinced that he could go any farther.

This was horrible.

Ellanoire

MoonRazor
Crew

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:59 pm
User Image

Chill Mist was focusing on breathing when she heard a fit of sneezing, right outside her cozy burrow. She dragged herself towards the edge of her little home and peeked at what was going on. She was perplexed at for a moment at the furry lump laying on the ground before it dawned on her. That was a rabbit. And not just any rabbit, the very rabbit that over saw her duties. She sucked in a breath and started coughing. She crept as close as she could.

Was he dead? Would she be blamed? He nudged the fallen rabbit with her paw. "Caper? Can you hear me?"

wc: 107
twc: 224

moonrazor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:54 pm
... Oh no. This was not a good look.

If Caper had been feeling like death before, hearing Chill Mist's familiar voice made him feel even worse. This was not good form. He couldn't have his Guards seeing him in such a state. What would they think? How would they maintain order and discipline when they realized their leader was susceptible to all the same illnesses as they were?

"Oh, yes, I was just-" He tried to push himself onto his feet and wave it off as cavalierly as he could when he was seized by a fit of coughs so taxing that he lost the will to fight it and slumped back onto the ground. "Ugh..."

Finally, he managed to roll himself over to face her, looking in vain for a way to hide his embarrassment. "Just uh..." He sighed and gave up. "Just resting."

Ellanoire

MoonRazor
Crew

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:24 pm
User Image

Well, at least he wasn't dead. Chill Mist was rather surprised that her superior would be willing to lay on the floor like this, to show this sort of weakness. She pondered this predicament as he lay there coughing. A wet sneeze ripped from the back of her throat, covering Caper in a fine layer of snot mist. Yuck.

"Uh, sorry Caper. Look, do you think you should be laying out there like this? Couldn't the others see you?" Chill Mist knew that if she was in this position she certainly would be mortified. It was bad enough that others had seen her sick, but none of them were very important at least.

"If a patrol comes by I don't think you want to be laying on the dirt." She glanced around, wondering when the next patrol was due by. She lowered her voice. "Look, I'm not feeling well but I can drag you into my burrow for now probably. When you can stand again you should get back to your own. Where no one can see you."

Maybe this would buy her some good will. At least no one could blame her for not trying to help this sucker out. She shook her head and sneezed violently again.

wc: 209
twc: 433

moonrazor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:38 pm
At the moment, he didn't even have the energy to flinch from being covered in snot. It was all too much. Maybe he could just die and get it over with, save himself any further embarrassment. What a predicament.

"Nope," he said finally. "I really shouldn't be laying out here like this." The thought wasn't quite enough to power any more attempts to get up, and he lay flopped where he was, moving only his eyeballs to watch her.

He wouldn't really... mind being in a nice dark burrow, away from the watchful eyes of the warren. It was almost a pleasant thought, even, and if he wasn't so dang tired, he would hop right to his feet and dive in. As it was, though, even his ears felt like a burden, which felt terribly unfair. His own ears should never feel like weights on his head!

"I can, uh..." Well, he couldn't really crawl into the burrow himself at the moment, so he finally sighed and said, "I would appreciate that."

Ellanoire

MoonRazor
Crew

Ellanoire rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:17 pm
Redeemed
User Image

At least he was being sensible. Chill Mist hoped this would set her up for some future success. At least he couldn't blame her for just letting him lay there. For the whole warren to see. She let out a hacking cough as she leaded over the buck and grabbed his scruff. She was grateful that she was a stocky, strong rabbit at this moment. She dug her hind legs in and gave him a firm yank, getting him past the lip of her little home. She fervently hoped no one else would come by in this moment. It might look even worse with just his hind end sticking out.

Gathering all the strength she had left she yanked once more, and just like that he was safe inside. ... This was a tighter fit than she'd imaged. Her burrow had been dug just for her. Ugh. "Uh ... Sorry it's gonna be a tight squeeze. But I really need a nap now ..." Her strength used up, she more or less collapsed down herself, snuggled up against Caper.

wc: 176
twc: 609

moonrazor
/end beautiful love story?

[W] The Arbor

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out