[PRP] made up [ soui + sylfie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:53 pm
The sound of sniffling filled the otherwise empty and silent washchamber. It was late in the evening, most of the Weyr had the common sense to be asleep, save for a small and pale figure who sat scrubbing hard at her face. The water she'd pooled around her was a strange and chalky shade of white, and she furiously attempted to rub away any remaining traces of a powder that once clung to her skin.

" . . . . .uwwu...." It wasn't like she was trying to hold back her crying, but she was. Museth's eyes had gone a startled shade of grey when she first saw Soui's face and that had been more than enough despite the dragon's immediate and rapid fire assurances that she'd just been startled. The little rider had hidden in her weyr until most everyone was done for the day before she ventured out, ready to clean away everything and try to forget.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:38 pm
Elli was a terribly nosy firelizard.

Mirri had the excuse of always being on the lookout for food, but Elli just plain wanted to be in everyone's business. Every new thing had to be thoroughly investigated, whether it was an object or a person or just an unexpected sight or sound. Sylfie had already had to extricate the young gold from several mortifying situations: not everyone wanted someone else's firelizard interrupting interrupting their breakfast to look at their fork, for instance, or to get right up close to play with their many inticate braids. It was terribly embarrassing.

So when, on a sleepless late-night trek through the halls, Elli leapt off her shoulder and zipped into the washroom, Sylfie immediatrly feared the worst. A small part of her was even tempted to keep on going and pretend she had nothing to do with the busybody gold, but that would be irresponsible. Already cringing, she followed after her flit and prepared for the worst.

Which was actually...maybe not that bad? At least, in the scheme of things her flit could have gotten into in the washroom. Still, finding a crying young whiterider was hardly a good thing. As little Elli peeped concern and hopped closer to the figure, Sylfie shuffled further into the room, and offered very quietly, "Soui, a-are you...okay?"

Nevermind that she was plainly not, the question was a sort of necessary formality.

houllow

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:17 pm
A guttural gasp of surprise filled the air as Soui heard someone call her name, and instinctively she turned to look in the direction of the speaker. She probably should not have, as her face wasn't entirely clean, and thus Sylfie was treated to a rather ghastly sight. Apparently the teen had tried to cover the scars on her face with a white powder, thick and chalky - it wasn't make up as she didn't own any, but something a bit more basic. The water she had attempted to use to wash it off had done no favors, causing it to cling and run all over her face. Coupled with the darkness of the dimly-lit room and the red she'd used to rouge her lips, Soui looked like a demonic creature rather than a sniffling fifteen-turn-old.

"Sy....lfie...." Even the way she said the woman's name, mingling with the echo of dripping water? It made for nothing short of terrifying; Soui certainly would have been uneasy if she could actually see what sort of figure she was cutting right this very second. "I'm....am I....ugly....?" Slowly she turned more to try and walk towards the goldrider, water and powder running down her face. "Am I...hideous...?"

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:40 am
Soui was, well, quite a sight, and certainly startling, but still Soui. Fortunately, Sylfie was not easily frightened; terribly socially anxious, yes, but other than that, she was a fairly solid sort who didn't spook easily. If there was any fear, it was for the impending tangle of complicated, emotional interaction that now loomed before her.

But even that took a back seat to the horror and indignation that rose up when Soui asked her what she did, and bolstered by a rush of the same from Hesperith, she reached out to the whiterider in offer of what seemed to be a much-needed hug. "Of course not! Who told you that?"

She could only assume someone must have, for the girl to be so distressed - and, apparently, intent on trying to 'fix' it.

houllow

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:26 pm
Soui didn't hesitate to bury herself into the much-appreciated arms that were offered to her, and though her shoulders were clearly shaking she did her best not to be audible with her cries. It was embarrassing enough that her sniffles had attracted Sylfie to start with, she didn't need to make things worse by loudly sobbing. She'd apologize properly later over how she was probably ruining the gold rider's clothing with whatever the shards she'd put on her face as well, but for now it was all about the comfort.

"It wa...was...." The teen paused, weighing the option of if she should tattle someone out or keep it to herself. On principal Soui often kept anything personal directly to her chest, only sharing when it had gotten to the point she was unable to function. Biting her lip and deciding not to share a name, she went on a little more vague than needed and apologized inwardly to the kindness being shown to her. "I....ju...just....." This wasn't working, how was she supposed to push through this and not put someone on the chopping block? It probably would be impossible and so she let it roll. Still vague, but still a bit more information. "The....there is..someone I know and he...said I was...super ugly. That I...was unfortunate."

Never once before had she been so concerned on her appearance, but that was probably because most folks had always been so kind. There was also the fact that the Weyr was full of people far more scarred and torn than she, with wounds over Ten Turns old, but for some reason this had stung. Perhaps it was with her age and slowly developing interest in members around her, or Museth's influence that she needed to start being aware. Regardless, the outcome had not been pleasant and had ended with Soui trying to make herself pretty in the most failure worthy way.

A sniffle had her bury her face back into Sylfie's embrace. It was so nice that the woman hadn't responded to her the way Museth had (and the white was still apologizing). "He said no one would ever love me."

Meepfur
soui is so thankful for her you have no idea ;;; i am so thankful too we love y'all sob sob

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games