Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:18 pm
User Image Hawberry decided to have a quick hop back to his burrow before he set out with his brother to investigate this strange illness. A sense of excitement mingled with fear. His first adventure! And it seemed so important! His father had been on so many of these, and now it was his chance! Could he become one of the Honored? Perhaps. Only time would tell. He ducked in to his burrow, and snatched a mouthful of dried hay he's stashed away, Looks like he wouldn't need it now. He glanced around at his cozy little dwelling. "Good bye for now ..."

User Image
Thornapple had been thinking. This seemed like a pretty big problem. Perhaps two big for two barely grown rabbits. He poked his head into the twisted tree that was the main gathering place for the Bough. Perhaps someone older could provide him with a bit of counsel ... Or maybe someone else would want to tag along. But who?

wc: 158

Absolutiones rolled 2 20-sided dice: 8, 19 Total: 27 (2-40)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Horizon had spent the better part of the past several days holed up in his burrow. His body hurt and he felt horrible. He had done nothing but hack and sneeze goop everywhere. To make matters worse, his mind was still racing, itching to get out and do something. There were adventures to be on and he wouldn't find them sitting around in his burrow.

With a dull groan, the buck dragged himself just outside of his burrow. Normally he wasn't fond of the winter chill, but it was a welcome change versus the stuffy heat of his burrow. A sigh tried to leave him, but it was quickly overtaken with a rough, wet cough and followed by another pained groan. "Curse whoever did this to me..."

128 words

(( I was going to initiate, but he ended up extra sick sorry. :'D ))  

Absolutiones
Crew

Evolved Bunny

Ellanoire rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 14 Total: 19 (2-40)

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:11 pm
Redeemed
User Image Hawberry finished up in his little scrape burrow, and bounded back into the chill air, ready for adventure. Or at least ready-ish. Nearby he heard a wet cough and a ground. Was is Maythorn??? He rushed towards the noise, to be greeted by a rabbit who most certainly wasn't his brother.

"Oh ... I thought you might be my brother. You don't look too well friend..." How many more rabbits were ill like this? A sense of fear started to settle onto Hawberry. Maybe this was even worse than he imagined. "My brother and I are going the Sunset Acres, we've heard that's where this all started."

User Image
Thornapple wondered the main hub of the Bough. He peaked down the odd side burrow, not seeing a hide nor a hair of any residents. All out chasing down stories? He paces towards the very end. He knew his father wasn't here ... But really, were there no older more experienced rabbits left? And then he saw some movement.

User ImageSunshadow poked her head out of her burrow. It was just off the main gathering hub, which brought her a small sense of pride. She'd been out and about all summer and fall, and had finally returned to her home for a brief break. But she'd heard rumblings, and maybe soon it was her time to leave once more, and chase down the truth behind all these fancies.

User Image Thornapple hopped quickly towards Sunshadow, recognizing the older rabbit. "Sunshadow! Are you just about to head out? I've heard some things ... "

wc: 253
twc: 411

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Horizon raised his head just enough to peer up at the rabbit who had spoken to him. It was one of the younger bucks, something-berry? His sickness clouded memory couldn't quite remember.

"No, afraid not," Horizon replied ruefully. Not that he had actually seen himself, but he could imagine how he looked, disheveled and crusted in nose goop. "And I feel--" another cough and a sniffle "--just as good."

He was a surprised to hear the supposed origins of the sickness. Sunset Acres? That far? Why he wouldn't be surprised if it had reached all of Hopscotch! "Well... you wouldn't fancy company would you?" he inquired. "I can't promise how much help I'll be, but a lot of good sitting around here does, aye?"

124 words
251 total  

Absolutiones
Crew

Evolved Bunny

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:05 pm
User Image Hawberry looked Horizon up and down. "Well if you think you're fit to travel we won't say no to more help. There's a story out there, I'm sure. And we really should find something to make all these rabbits feel better. It must be out there somewhere." He puffed his chest out, which perhaps looked dashing for a moment before it was marred with a violent sneeze.

"I think my brother hopped inside, to see if there was anyone else. We should go see who he's managed to track down." Hawberry hopped towards the twisted tree trunk opening, before quickly turning back. "Oh, I'm Hawberry by the way. I know there's ... uh ... a lot of us." Understatement. Big big understatement.

User ImageSunshadow had listened carefully to the young buck. He seemed to confirm most of what she'd been hearing. "Well, I can accompany you young ones. Might be safest that way. And this sounds like something I need to get to the bottom of." Maybe she'd find a way to cure herself, too. But Sunshadow's favourite thing in life was getting to the bottom of a story. She turned to head towards the exist to the wide world.

User Image Thornapple followed after her, and then passed her. He ducked out into the light, squiting for a brief moment. He quickly noticed his brother and another rabbit. "Hawberry! Did you find someone too? Sunshadow says she'll come with us as well. I think we've managed to find an entire adventuring party?" He was a little taken a back by this. They were just two young bucks, after all.

He looked Horizon up and down, noticing his nose crust. "Looking for a cure for yourself out there?"

wc: 283
twc: 694

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I think I can manage well enough," Horizon replied. After all, what made for a better painkiller than a good distraction? Well, a lot of things, but his resolve was set. If they were successful, he might just have a cure anyway. It sounded like they could all use it.

He gave a slight nod of his agreement, taking a short hop after the younger buck. Hawberry. Now that he'd said it aloud, it made sense. "Ah, right, right." Horizon nodded to himself as if the motion would further cement the idea in his mind.

He gave an enthusiastic nod to Hawberry's brother. "That's right. Figure I'll have a better chance finding it out there than in here," he said, punctuating his statement with another sneeze.

126 words
377 total

Ellanoire

Absolutiones
Crew

Evolved Bunny

Ellanoire rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

Ellanoire
Captain

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:02 pm
User Image Hawberry seemed quite pleased with himself. "Well then, I think we should venture forth from the Bough!" He leaped into the air, kicking his feet. His first real adventure!

"You're all ready to leave, right? I think we should get going right away. We don't want to miss anything after all!"

User Image Sunshadow watched Hawberry's leap and shook her head in a good natured mattered. You were only young once. "I, for one, am ready. I think your father said he was heading to Meadowsweet when he left, so I may see if I can find him there as well ..." Despite Hawthorn's ... antics ... he rarely missed a beat when it came to something big.

User Image Thornapple glanced between his new accomplices. "Well, lets make the best of it, fellows. And er ... lady. To Sunset Acres first, and then wherever the story takes us?"

wc: 141
twc: 835

absolutiones
Seems like a good place to leave this one! (Tho obviously feel free to do another response to get that 500 words.)

Absolutiones rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 2:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Horizon watched on with a slight smile as Hawberry quite literally leaped into the air with joy. He quite admired the kid's spirit. Maybe if he wasn't feeling so terrible, he would have joined him.

Wiping at the snot that had started to drip from his nose, the buck nodded his agreement. "I'm ready to get going if you all are. The sooner we get to the end of this thing the better in my opinion."

He agreed more quietly to the idea of seeking out Hawthorn. He fully welcomed the idea of more paws on the case to potentially speed things up.

"Yup, sounds like a good plan to me. Let's get going then!" The prospect of adventure was already starting to work its magic and Horizon just couldn't wait to get going.

134 words
511 total

(( sounds good c: ))  

Absolutiones
Crew

Evolved Bunny

[W] The Bough of Song

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items