Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[HR greenflight] Are we dancing? (Raqisath's maiden flight)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:25 pm
User Image

The day was winding down, but for one dark green dragon it was far from over. Raqisath, daughter of Rhianth and Kronoseth, was in constant motion, swaying to a rhythm that so far only she could hear. Before the night grew fully dark, she hoped that at least one other dragon would feel the rhythm and partner her in the dance of her maiden flight.

Reya, I must fly, the green announce, her eyes gleaming in the dim light of their weyr.

Reya had not been unaware of the dragon's rising ardor, but she had not said anything. Unlike her dragon, Reya was no stranger to amorous acts, having been made a mother turns and turns ago, and she could recognize the sensations, but she had waited for Raqi to come to the realization on her own.

What will you do? Raqi asked, trying her very hardest to give her bond her due consideration in this time.

"I will manage well enough," Reya assured her dragon. "Dance well, lovely."

Needing no further urging, the green took to the sky, slim and lithe in flight, her hearts beating hard as she signaled to any interested pursuers that she was, at least for this evening, in search of a partner.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:36 pm
About Raqisath

• Raqisath prefers not to lead, although she loves to be praised and held up as an example, and can be quite competitive when it comes to demonstrating her mastery of a skill. Otherwise, she is mostly a follower.
  • Raqisath is both disciplined and obedient. She absolutely has it in her to dedicate herself same task for hours and hours, polishing minute details to a near obsessive degree.
  • Raqisath also has a distinct eye for beauty in others, but it is less covetous than appreciative, and she always prefers someone who can move well over someone who is decorative but stationary.
  • Raqisath has a terrible crush on a dragon who will not be chasing her in this flight, and so she is not looking for anything lasting from the dragon who does catch her.
  • Raqisath has never given any thought to whether she prefers one gender over another (though she does have a crush on a blue). She is open to any dragon who cares to give chase.
  • Dragons from any Weyr, or even unaffiliated dragons, are welcome to give chase. NPCs are also fine.

Positive Traits: quick learner; dedicated; disciplined; detail-oriented; good in groups
Negative Traits: poor self-esteem; not a creative thinker; easily manipulated; vain

About Reya

• In Reya's opinion, the only way to get something done right, is for her to do it. She dislikes having to rely on others for anything.
  • It is Reya's firm belief that anything can be accomplished with sufficient hard work and planning.
  • While Reya is mildly disapproving of people who do not share her work ethic, and almost totally unsympathetic when it comes to people who complain, she doesn't actually dislike or resent such people
  • At this point in her life, Reya is somewhat leery of romantic attachments, preferring not to get entangled in another relationship like her first (and last) one. She doesn't want any more children, nor the hassle of a relationship.
  • Although she is heterosexual, Reya is not particularly concerned about the gender of the rider who shares her furs because of a flight.

Positive Traits: driven; curious; ambitious; organized; independent
Negative Traits: critical; obsessive; impatient; unwilling to relinquish control or ask for help

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:37 pm

How to Play

So, I don't have huge amounts of time to RP this (much as I'd like to), so instead I'm going to do it in such a way that a lot of this flight can take place in my absence. At least in theory.

• I will roll 5d10 at the outset. Each die represents a 3-5 minute segment of the flight (stamina really is not Raqisath's strong suit). Thereafter I will post RP responses as best I am able.
  • You are welcome to roll your 5d10 all at once and then post RP responses as you like (if you like) OR you can roll 1d10 per post for up to five posts made at any point during the flight.
  • Rolls are congruent. This means Raqi's first roll and your dragon's first roll are related only to each other. As are their second, third, fourth, and fifth rolls.
    • Rolling a number lower than Raqi's means your dragon has dropped below Raqi or fallen behind her.
    • Rolling a number higher than Raqi's means your dragon has risen above Raqi or overshot her.
    • Rolling the same number as Raqi means your dragon is keeping pace with Raqi.

• At the end of the active flight period the dragon whose total from 5 rolls comes the closest to Raqisath's will have caught her.

This will go until 7 PM EST on January 7th 2020.

Princess_Feylin rolled 5 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 2, 2, 1 Total: 13 (5-50)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:46 pm
Having warned Reya of her intent, Raqisath took to the sky. Her hide, though dark green, still seemed to shine somewhat in the waning daylight. She always ate sparingly, and so she was always quick in the air, but today she felt a surge of energy unlike even the adrenaline she felt when she faced Thread.

She twisted in the air, arching and curving into attitudes she knew flattered her figure, deliberately seeking attention despite her usual preference to avoid the spotlight. This evening she desired pursuit, adoration, and whatever else might follow. Let any dragon who found her appealing make their interest known! She hoped someone would.

For her part, Reya took her time in leaving their weyr to find a place to watch Raqi in flight. She was not averse to the idea of finding some temporary physical satiation, but she had never been part of a flight before, and all the theoretical instruction in the world would never be the same as experience. She was looking forward to learning more.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

demon_pachabel rolled 5 10-sided dice: 8, 10, 2, 9, 7 Total: 36 (5-50)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:38 am
Blue Houleth of I'han

Ah! There is a sight to be seen! Houleth hummed appreciatively on his ledge, not having to say exactly what the sight he was admiring was. Not when I'han could already feel that tingle of desire buzzing through their bond. I'han, laid out lazily across his stomach where he'd landed upon unceremoniously throwing himself on his bed didn't even raise his head from his covers. Really? YES really!! A lovely green deserves all the chasers her hearts should desire - and why not a handsome blue?

At that, I'han raised his head to look with a dead stare at Houleth. "You're not handsome," he stated bluntly, though plenty of love flooded through their connection to one another. Houleth, however, still took offense to this. Yes I am! Of course, how could you tell with your human eyes? I'll show you!

And with that, he was flung from the ledge with the ferocity of a near-tantrum, leaving I'han to deal with....that.

Joy.

-----

Up, up! Houleth had no problem rising up after Raqisath in a spiral pattern. The humming in his chest grew louder and louder as he drew closer and closer. You have made this otherwise dreary night something to behold by gracing it with your presence, he crooned, certain he would not be the only dragon with eyes in their head to give chase.

But he quite selfishly hoped he'd outshine them all.  
Sweet Symmetry rolled 5 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 9, 9, 1 Total: 21 (5-50)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:40 am
NPC Malika of Blue Eradath

--------

Eradath: Eager to please, meek, affectionate -- a small blue puppy | available to have his hearts stomped on

Malika: Spirited, enjoys jokes, mercurial -- mischief mastermind | available, will someday be written into play --wistful sigh--

---------

Eradath lay upon his small little ledge, unblinking gaze fixed on the sky. 

It could only really mean two things, and Mali's lips curled with wry pleasure at her poor dragon's self-consciousness. When did this stop being fun for you? Isn't there a lovely lady whose honour and beauty demands your deepest, unending respect?

Eradath's tail curled a little as his rider's teasing got under his hide. But how could I…

Just fly. Lust was already blossoming within her, so she knew Eradath's yearnings were true. He just needed encouragement. 

He sprang from the ledge, determined to make a good show of himself no matter what. Oh my dear, allow me to sing your praises for all the world to hear! Singing was perhaps not quite the right term, but his crooning and warbling was heartfelt.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:34 am
It was a short flight, all things considered. Raqisath's concern about no one rising to give chase didn't quite prove true, but to have two suitors when her sisters and cousins had drawn so many more in their flights disappointed the insecure young green. And if she was glad enough to hear the blues' kind words, still she doubted them. If she was so lovely, why did she appeal to so few dragons? It was something for her to dwell on (and likely obsess over) another time.

As her blood and ardor rose it was easier for her to enjoy the dance and follow the beat thrumming through her veins. The blues' voices sang in her hearts, but she did not hear among them the rasping mindvoice of the blue she had hoped would pursue her, and so she found she lacked the heart to prolong things.

Handsome Houleth flew with passion, but with more vigor than she, overshooting Raqisath's flight by a considerable margin when all was said and done. When Eradath flew nearer, and ultimately ensnared her, Raqi found she was considerably less disappointed than she had been at the outset. He was sweet and pleasant and she was well-pleased with her choice.

demon_pachabel
Sweet Symmetry

I hope you won't take Raqi's disappointment as a measure of my own. I am genuinely glad to have given this a shot and had people bear with me as I tried this new thing. Thank you!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games