Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:14 pm
User Image

The Jackal Clan

User Image

From the Pride Information Thread:

Quote:
The Jackal Clan: Was pushed almost to extinction by the Snake Tribe. The Jackals have been on the rise, and look to the Firekin to provide themselves the footing they need to take back their homeland.

Current Situation

The Jackal Clan is the group most closely associated with the Firekin. While the lions are going through some difficult changes and the Snake Tribe has been more active than usual, the jackals are nervous. If the Firekin are distracted and the Snake Tribe moves against them, this could be it. There are murmurings here and there of integrating fully with the Firekin and leaving behind the vulnerability that comes with being an independent clan, but with no leadership to guide them one way or another, the group is divided.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 pm
Prizes

How to Enter

Rules
1. You may enter as many characters as you want/are able to play.
2. You may only win one jackal.
3. Jackals do not come with names, genders or personalities. Why they choose your Firekin is up to you.
4. You may enter & win in the Bird Giveaway and Snake Contest as well.
NEW 5. Once you reach 5 posts, you may use this ORP to enter in the Bird Giveaway!

ORP Tips & Tricks

• You need 5 posts for this to count as a completed RP!
  • Including character name(s) & image(s) in each post helps keep track of who you are posting!
  • A counter at the top of your post is a good way to help yourself & staff keep track!

About This ORP

This RP takes place in the training grounds where Utsaha, the Jackal Clan member who has partnered with one of Regent Agni-pariksha's daughters, is trying to help a few of her friends get a foot in the door with some of the Firekin. Utsaha would be a familiar sight at the training grounds and it would be pretty obvious why she has a trio of followers today.

To enter, simply join in this ORP with any characters who might be interested in a small partner. Please do not interact with the NPC jackals (they have no personalities yet so they are quiet observers for this ORP), but feel free to talk to Katranak and/or Utsaha!

Include a preference list in your first post only.

Each post in this ORP is a ticket in the raffle. Consecutive posts count as a single ticket until someone else has posted. This closes on December 29th.

Good luck!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:23 pm
Post 1 of 5 - Katranak & Utsaha

User Image

Katranak was standing in the middle of the training grounds, watching as her jackal companion traced a circle in the sand around her with a small crowd gathered around her. She was starting to doubt herself but.. it was hard to deny that she ought to give in to Utsaha more often. The jackal was a good trainer partner and had a good eye for areas of improvement.. she wanted to show off how well she had trained "her" lion to her friends then fine.

Utsaha finished tracing the circle around Kat and then stomped proudly over to the trio of jackals who watched. They only had one lion right now but it was early, they would have more soon. Hopefully the lions would make an impression on her friends, and they would make a good impression on the lions.

"OK, now watch," Utsaha said loudly, grinning at her clanmates before turning back on Katranak and lunging at her.

Katranak responded easily and the two began what looked almost like a dance. Without a partner to spar with, practice in the sand was a valuable strategy.. and a jackal that was not afraid of you was like a living, unpredictable obstacle course. While Utsaha scrambled around, weaving between the lion's legs and circling around and around.. Katranak did her best to keep moving while staying inside the boundary drawn for her and without falling over.

The chase wouldn't last long but hopefully they soon wouldn't be alone.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:49 pm
User ImageAnwara watched the little jackal with interest as she drew a circle in the sand around Katranak, the reason soon becoming clear as they began to...well. Spar wasn't quite the right word, was it? Anwara loved to practice battling with her pridemates but she was very heavy on the brute force and very weak on the agile, tactical moves that the duo seemed to be working on before her. Always seeking to improve herself, Anwara decided the best way to start was by participating.

"Let me try," she said, stepping forward but not entering the circle. She might be a stereotypical hard-headed Firekin, but she did have some manners especially where sparring - or rather training - was concerned.

"I won't squish you," she added for Utsaha's benefit. Wouldn't try to squish her, at least. She wasn't very fleet of foot but hopefully the jackal would be able to dodge a misstep.

Ecavi

Post 1
Preference List: 3, 2, 1

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:58 pm
Post 2 of 5 - Katranak & Utsaha

Katranak slipped more than once as she chased after her companion within the boundary and each time she did, she cursed out loud but she learned from it. She worked the muscles that would pick her back up and the reflexes that would stop her from falling. As Utsaha moved, she tried to kick up more sand and maintain the advantage in the slippery terrain. Both were so focused that they didn't notice the arrival of another lion and they both stumbled to a stop when Anwara spoke.

"Oh!" Utsaha looked pleased to have gained some attention, and she glanced at the watching trio of jackals triumphantly before walking over to inspect the soldier. It was obvious she had little concern for personal space.

Katranak watched with a smile, taking a moment to catch her breath before backing up and re-tracing the circle in the sand so it could be seen clearly once more.

"You look strong," Utsaha said, hopping back into position, "Let's see how fast you are!"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:32 pm
User ImageAnwara puffed up her chest a bit as Utsaha complimented her, never one to brush something like that off. Yes, she was strong, thank you very much! And...well...fast was something she was working on, which is why she was joining the exercise, but she'd keep that to herself.

"What are the rules?'' she asked as she stepped forward, entering the circle and lowering her head just a bit, adopting a fighting stance. "Don't leave the circle, don't squish the jackal...anything else I should know?" She did toss a glance towards the three jackals that were watching, wondering if they were going to evaluate her on how she did. Hopefully she'd impress them, having a training partner at all times would be incredibly beneficial.

Ecavi

Post 2  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:12 pm
User Image

Vuurbloem strode confidently in to the training arena with her tail held high, she had heard tell of the jackal clans troubles and of the unusual rumblings around the bird clan. Having heard of an invitation to come and see the jackals she had decided just to drop in and see what was going on. Just for good measure she had dragged her sister along with her.

User Image

While her sister was overly enthusiastic to see what was going on with the jackals, Eldablomma was really quite apathetic about them. Sure they seemed useful in some ways but couldn’t they just be classed as a meal in a pinch?

Still her coal black gaze fell upon the strange exercise that the lionesses were doing and she couldn’t help but raise a curious brow. “I don’t really understand the point in chasing your own tail.” The golden lioness huffed and sat with her tail tied around her paws, looking away, or at least pretending too her gaze drifted to the training circle every so often as she attempted to feign indifference.

”Shh Eld! You’ll disturb them.” The red lioness grinned broadly at the two training females and the hounds behind them. She was quite fascinated by what they were doing though she was starting to regret fetching her less than excited sister along to the party.

Post 1 Eldablomma & Veurbloem

Preferences 1, 3, 2  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:21 am
Post 3 - Katranak & Utsaha

"Keep moving and stay on your feet," Utsaha said brightly, glancing at the sisters who had joined the little audience, "If you fall, you lose."

The small beast grinned and then lunged at Anwara to get them started. She had left out how to win on purpose, catching the jackal was only half of the goal, you had to be able to keep going.. but few Firekin seemed to like games without a specific goal. At least a mystery should encourage them all! Utsaha wasn't sure how this lioness fought but she was ready to weave between her feet whether she moved or not!

Katranak watched quietly, overhearing the sisters conversation and smirking to herself. She liked to think that kind of attitude is what set her apart from the other Firekin. Still, they were technically trying to be social today so she wandered over to join Vurrbloem and Eldablomma. They were younger than her, she didn't recognize them.

"Are you soldiers?" she asked, skipping introductions for now.

SilverLutz

Syrius Lionwing

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:00 am
Ecavi
Post 2 - Eldablomma & Vuurbloem

The more enthusiastic of the two sisters watched intently as the jackal weaved and sprinted between the lionesses paws. Being fast on your paws was always necessary especially in the desert, she couldn’t help but admire. “Oh, no, I just hears whisperings about the familiar clans.” Vuurbloem smiled “I’m a newly sanctioned warden and my sister here just took up a position as a teacher, though really she just wants to know everything and tell the old stories.” She chuckled and glanced at her dark eyed sister.

Eldablomma huffed and rolled her eyes “Tell someone you don’t know your whole life story V.” The golden lioness glanced back towards the training in the tight circle and really couldn’t help but admire the jackals swift footedness. She was sure there was a story in here some where, a lesson to be learned, that was really why she had ‘allowed’ her sister to bring her along. Everything was a good experience when you wanted to know everything and be the best, teacher, ever.

”Well theres no point lying Eld, I’m not a soldier and neither are you.” She grinned at her sister “I have eyes you know, I know you want to try, so why don’t you hmm?”

The white striped sister grumbled quietly, she was trying very had to keep a straight nonchalant look on her face but her sister could always see through her bored facade. “I just came to watch you dragged me over here why don’t you ‘have a go’?” She grumbled, though now her reason for attending was out in the open she decided to turn her full attention on the training session.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:15 pm
User ImageKeep moving. Stay on her feet. If she fell, she lost. Seemed pretty simple, all things considered. Anwara knew stepping out of bounds would probably equal failure as well, so as the little jackal pounced forward and began to weave between her legs, she made sure to stay away from the circle. It was much harder than it looked, especially since the furball between her paws seemed to know exactly which way she was going.

Focusing was hard, and almost at the last second Anwara realized she was being herded towards the boundary of the circle. She tried to adjust her direction but tripped over her own paw and ended up chest-first into the sand.

"Oof!" The only thing that had been hurt was her pride, thankfully, and as far as she could tell she hadn't squished her sparring partner in the process. Growling quietly to herself, Anwara drew her large body back to her paws, facing Utsaha again.

"Once more," she said, this time starting the 'attack' herself, hopeful that if she could set the pace for the little beast she might have a better time keeping up once she got dizzy.

Ecavi

Post 3  

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:05 am
Post 4 of 5 - Katranak & Utsaha

Katranak was surprised to hear the sisters were not soldiers even though they had taken a critical interest in the game they were playing. All Firekin were trained to be fighters but they were not all trained the same way.. still, they seemed young enough they should remember when games were designed to train them. Maybe they hadn't noticed since they went down other paths..

"This lot is all from the jackal clan," Kat said, "Utsaha's been my partner since I was an apprentice. The jackals tend to be more trustworthy and reliable, I find. Birds are popular but they're always up to something.."

Her suspicion was only supported by the fact their new god may have been hiding amongst the birds until now.

Back in the circle, Utsaha was having a grand time trying to learn the style of a new friend. She had the advantage just because she was already used to playing this game but she had to stay on her toes. The jackal narrowly missed being pinned until the lioness and hopped forward to face her, grinning.

"Ok!" she squeaked, barely getting time to respond before Anwara was on the move again. Another narrow dodge. The soldier was catching on quickly!

Syrius Lionwing

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:48 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tuli wasn't one who picked a fight, (generally speaking, he was the one who was patching them up afterwards) but as a Firekin, fighting was a given, and he did understand the need to know how. That said, the idea of fighting alongside a jackal was rather humorous. While it wasn't an uncommon sight around here, he had never actually watched a fight with one before.

Which is how he found himself here now. Curiosity had finally won out, and with nothing else to pull him away, the medic had decided to come and watch. He didn't think he'd participate, really, but there was no harm in watching.

Besides, this was also a good opportunity to observe jackals, themselves. If they were going to try fighting alongside lions, he had best see how they move, how they work, and most importantly, where to focus treatment if they were hurt.

((Post 1 -Tuli'samm
Preference List: 3, 1, 2))

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:52 am
(Could go to either TBH)- So I'll leave it up to you in the end if i'm rolled in this/am able to get enough posts in. He is an adult, I can't find his image atm.
User ImageUser Image

PREF: 3, 2, 1

This was PERFECT. Sekhmet needed someone small to partner up with, or maybe even more than one to partner up with. She was a very large creature and having someone to help out with certain things while she was out on patrol would be more ideal. Still, she was making it work.

Watching as Katranak stood in a circle and Utsaha danced around. She motioned towards them with her paw. "You see the discipline that hey have?" He looked over towards her with a small nod of his head. "That is the ultimate accomplishment between two partners."

Huoyan sighed and gave another nod. His mother was not one to hold back on anything. "I would like to try." He said moving forward, hoping that would get her off of his back for a little bit.

Smiling she approved of this and moved off to the side to watch.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:47 pm
Ecavi

Post 3 : Eldablomma & Vuurbloem

The red lioness rumbled appreciatively at the sudden slip of the lioness in the circle. Her father had come from outside of the pride and he had taught them many things about the art of moving swiftly even when your paws were not steady. Watching the smaller creature trip the larger lioness piqued her interest all the more and she kneeded the sand beneath her toes. “Our father taught us much of moving in tight circles and changing direction on a whim. He grew up hunting hares and they ‘Jank’” She paused for a moment and chuckled at the word their father had taught them for changing direction in an instant. “Your Jackals seem to have the same sort of foot work.”

Eldablomma shook her head but couldn’t help but smile when her sister spoke of their fathers lessons, it was true he had taught them how to stop and turn even on the soft sand. “I think hares may be a little faster V but I don’t think you’re wrong. Also I don’t think jackals suffer from the march madness. Makes them much more useful.” She rumbled, having joined in the conversation she decided she might as well voice her opinion. “I’m sure having a little pack of them along for a hunt would prove a fruitful endeavour.” Having seen Anwara stumble the yellow lioness couldn’t help but ponder the possibilities of having a little pack, being able to trip a creature as large and powerful as a firekin soldier could certainly provide some great teaching possibilities.

Vuurbloem chuckled and looked at Katranak “We’ve lost my sister to her musings now. She gets like this once she has an idea in her head.”  

Syrius Lionwing

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:55 pm
Houyan was at least happy to see some familiar faces. Tera's girls were lioness's he knew particularly well, if not those two at least their sister and one of their brothers he was good friends with. He supposed it paid off that the water seeker was best friends with his mother and they'd had cubs not too far apart from one another. So while he was older than them by a few moons, they weren't too far apart in age.

"It's nice to see some familiar faces." He said to the girls as he grew closer, since they also seemed interested in what the Jackals and the Lion were doing together. It was quite an interesting combination of footwork. He was nowhere near as graceful.

Sek nodded her head but remained where she was, she was going to just be a silent observer for the most part. It was nice to see Tera's girls here, or at least two of them. She wondered if any of her other children would show up to this.

Syrius Lionwing

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces