Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)
[PRP] Herbs in the night (Hoot and Forest Shadow)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:22 pm
Forest Shadow was out in the night looking for flowering plants, she had gotten a basket woven by a raccoon in order to collect her herbs in she had decided to collect them under the moon in hopes that it would imbue them with power healing abilities. She was currently looking for yarrow that was good for fevers. Aloe that could be used on burns. Comfrey that could be used sprains and bruises. Rosemary for headaches. There were so many plants that the forest could provide that would help the pack. Forest Shadow was learning what everything did and how to make everything work best for her needs.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was a perfect night. The moon, high above his head, glowed brilliantly, lighting up everything its beams touched. Hoot, a night owl by nature (ha, night owl...), was meandering slowly through the forest. He was newly grown and finally a full-fledged healer, but he still felt a bit unsure of himself. He was never a very confident wolf and that carried over into his work life. Unfortunate as it was, he was working on it - he just needed more reassurance from the wolves around him before he could truly feel comfortable in his role.

Hoot wasn't necessarily hunting for herbs - moreso, he was familiarizing himself with the plants throughout the Swiftfell land. Where different herbs and plants were located was a very key piece of information that would certainly aid him in the future - when he knew what he needed, he would also know exactly where to find it.

In his travels, it wasn't unusual to find other members of the pack out and about. That said, he did feel slightly surprised when he stumbled upon one of the other newer healers, hard at work collecting materials and placing them gingerly in a carefully woven basket - he suspected that was the work of a raccoon, they certainly had the talent for it. In the moonlight, Forest Shadow simply glowed. And that was his first glimpse of the she-wolf who would hopefully one day be his mate (little do they know!).

Approaching slowly, Hoot pasted a genuine smile onto his face and walked up to her. "Hey, I'm Hoot, I'm not sure we've met, but uh... would you like some help?"
[/align

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:12 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow blinked at Hoot's very forward approach she was a little bit flustered as she tried to gather her thoughts looking into his bright blue eyes. "Oh well I.. Umm I'm Forest Shadow, it's nice to meet you Hoot." She thought a moment help would be wonderful collecting enough herbs for the pack was very important and having some help but be really nice. "I would gladly accept your offer Hoot, I'm trying to collect a great number of different herbs so I can lay them out to dry so I have things to use over the winter to treat the pack with." She looked Hoot over and then asked "Are you familiar with the different herbs of the forest that the pack needs?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:01 pm
Nice. His approach, however clumsy, had worked to some degree. Hoot didn't have many friends, so he was a little awkward socially, but this was a step in the right direction for sure. He remained smiling until she asked a rather direct question — then, it faltered.

Sure, he was a healer, but he really didn't trust himself doing much. In his mind, he knew that he was fully capable of picking out various flowers and applying the appropriate salve, but he just didn't feel comfortable or confident in the slightest. "I, uh... I'm a healer, so I... can do my best?" A shy yet smile placed itself upon his lips. Then, he realized how foolish he sounded, and things fell apart again. "Gosh, I'm sorry, I just... yes, I am. Yes." Hoot didn't look sure, but he found a deepness in his throat that came out assertive. As if he was totally positive.

Deciding to reroute things from how awkward he was, he posed a question: "Is there anything specific you're looking to stock up on?"

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:17 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled "I'm a Healer too, it's really nice to meet more healers of the pack." She said in a warm tone and she nodded "Don't worry I don't know every herb and root either, I'm still learning too, but I've learned a lot of useful herbs so far that I want to collect. Like yarrow for fevers, I think it will be important when winter comes in case anyone in the pack gets sick." She smiled gently "Don't worry I'm sure we can share information of things and learn from each other to help the pack be healthy and strong." She then nodded "Yarrow, Rosemary, Comfrey, Aloe. If you can think of anything else to collect I would gladly work to gather that too."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:26 am
Hoot found Forest Shadow's tone to be soft, gentle, and warm - he wanted to wrap himself up inside it and never leave again. His face flushed at the fact, and he made an attempt to turn his mind away from such thoughts.

"Yes, it is... it is really great to meet you." His smile was genuine, as was the awkward tone of his voice, but there was nothing he could do about it now. "Yes! I know of those - Yarrow, Rosemary, Comfrey, and Aloe. They should be easy enough..." Hoot glanced about, immediately spying an Aloe plant not too far away.

"Over here!" He trotted over, awkwardness forgotten, and leaned down to inspect the thick, bulging plant. "It looks good, too," he commented, glancing back at the pretty female.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:34 am
Forest Shadow smiled and followed Hoot and she nodded "You are right this looks very good indeed, thank you so much for your help Hoot." She said her tone warm. It was nice to be in a pack and have other healers to talk with and help to gather things for the winter. "So how long have you been a healer?" If she remembered correctly Sambar had chosen to be a healer after he had tried to be a hunter and the fit had been wrong, so she wondered if she same could be said for Hoot or if his calling had always been helping others.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:31 pm
Hoot's maw stretched into a smile at the appreciation in her voice. It was nice. At her question, however, he felt a bit uncomfortable. He was quite young and inexperienced and he knew some judged him for that. Especially... well, since he was him, all bumbling and awkward. He had no bedside manner with patients, so he tried to shy away from direct contact with them if he could manage it. It may have made him not very good at his job, but at least he didn't get overcome with anxiety for it. "Oh, uh... not long, really. I'm... on the younger side?" He wasn't sure in the slightest on Forest Shadow's age, but she presented herself as much more mature than he. Was that weird? He hoped not.

"Do you need anything else?"

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:40 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest Shadow smiled "Don't worried I wandered the forest only taking care of myself for a long time, while I knew different plants and some of their uses I never had a reason to put a skill of healing to practice till I joined the pack. We can learn together Hoot it will be alright." She said trying to comfort him since he seemed a little ill at ease because of her question. She then shook her head and said "No I don't think so, we should head back to the pack."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:51 pm
"Really?" Hoot's eyebrows raised. He knew she had been a joining rogue, but he had no idea on the specifics. "I'd... I'd love to hear about that some time?" It wasn't a question, but his voice lifted at the end like one, all a bundle of nerves.

"Okay, yeah, that sounds great! I hope I was of some help..." He drifted off, still uncomfortable in his own skin around others. It was an idiosyncrasy he hoped to shed in the coming (many) moons, but who really knew if he would. He wanted to live up to his father's expectation of what a son should be, but it was so hard for him.

MiddyGlow

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:56 pm
Ruler of Everything

Forest nodded "Yes, and I can try to tell you as much as I can, but it really isn't an exciting story. Trying to find enough food as a lone wolf is not easy. I'm not much of a fighter, so the healer calling is better for me. I was a bit lost in the woods on the hare hunt." She said with a laugh. She smiled warmly "You have been a very big help and perhaps we can go out again sometime before winter falls to gather more herbs for the pack."

(Fin?)  
[Pack] The Swiftfell (The Forest)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff