Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Halloween-R] Calamity Unbiund

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:59 am
[qoute]In a time of darkness, sometimes it's the little things that make a difference. Destiny City has its fair share of tragedies, not the least of which was the Carnival Fire of 1942. The story of a distant memory that claimed the lives of over a hundred people and injured many more recently resurfaced after an estate sale revealed the only surviving relics of the massive fire: a set of old carousel horses. A local philanthropist and historian acquired the set, some of which were badly burned, and set about restoring them. It took several months, but the project was completed and the Carousel was resurrected in memory of those who lost their life on the very grounds they lost. It stands now, open to the public, a tribute of Destiny's City past and its perseverance. The Carousel operates as to be expected, with antique horses that are perhaps a bit more frightening than need be and a tune that is almost as eerie as it is cheery. Some even say they hear distant voices, and screams, mixed into the music; others have said that as the Carousel moves the shadows of people fleeing distracts them. It's probably just a ghost story, though. Are you brave enough to find out?

Redbud-Tree
AW YE IT'S A SPOOKY CAROUSEL where I still wanna do a creepy awful ghost.

Yolanda slipped to the Carousel clutching her purse awkwardly. Her relatives had gotten together for some seasonal fun -- from her Weird Uncle Alooiysus to the twins Lifa and Emitt from... Some... Spouse? To her cousins and uncle. Yolie needed a break from the energy of her relatives, really, and had heard stories of the carousel.someone rebuilt. Oh, she knew about the Fire of '42.

Her bloody cousin told her all about it multiple times and while she adored him he asked horrid morbid questions about it while his brother make comments while trying on her high heels (she ended up handing them to him. He looked much nicer in them). But not that she was deterred[/i[ even if the music sounded faintly eerie. Nope, it looked interesting, and if she could survive hunting Negaverse agents for attacking her and eird alien AIs she'd survive some old carousel. Beasides, if had history, and the womaN PAID FOR A TICKET BEFORE STANDING IN LINE, HUMMING AS SHE WATCHED BIT SPIN, PONIES 'DANCING'.

"sO BEAUTIFUL..."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm
NovaCracker

Carousels, Rhian knew, were happy things. And even if this one had a sad history to it, that didn't change the fact that it was a carousel, and carousels were meant to make people happy. Something happy was just what she needed, too, as time rolled on and she wavered between continuing to walk the path of chaos or trying to seek out someone to help her turn away from it. (She... remembered the names of who to ask, she thought but she'd spent a long time running away from the idea and now they were faded into something far more uncertain.)

Maybe it didn't matter what side she chose, in the end? And it wasn't like her magic life needed to touch her regular life anyway. Regular life was already plenty busy! She'd gotten into college, was studying psychology--- after all, all she'd ever wanted to do was help people, and that held true even now. But today wasn't a day to think about war or sides or even classes and tests. Today was a day to enjoy a pretty carousel, reclaimed from tragedy and set to be used again. Well, pretty, and according to rumor just a little spooky, but Rhian didn't think it could be that bad.

After purchasing her ticket, she moved to wait in line, but bumped into a blonde woman about her own as she did so. "Oh, sorry," she apologized, gripping her ticket tighter to make sure she didn't drop it. "The carousel sure is pretty, isn't it?" A little spooky, maybe --- or maybe that was just due to the rumors --- but pretty.  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:57 am
Redbud-Tree

Yolie turned and promptly beamed at the aspology, having not expected one, or even meaning to complain, but an apology and from another person interested in the ponies!

"It is! I'm a little curious about the ponies myself. But I don't wanna ride with Zatne or some other cousin here for 'family time'. They'd just be creepy gross. And it's okay, I'm kinda big boned so no worries. Wanna ride together whern it's out turn?" She offered a hand, clutching her own ticket as she beamed brightly. Yolie was a happy girl, warn, loving, gentle, and very kind, and without provokaTION, inclined to a tenderness instead of cold steel. The girl cooed gently.

"Better togewther than with nobody, some of the ponies look made for riding next to others without boring benches."

And for fun times! Fun was CRITICAL you know.

"Oh, uhm, I'm Yolanda. Yolanda Hydrus. You can call me Yolie though!"  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:52 pm
NovaCracker

"Something being restored from a tragedy is always beautiful," Rhian said, and smiled at the blonde. "And scary rumors aside, it looks lovely to me." Maybe a little creepy? But not overly so, and creepy was pretty normal for this time of year, anyway. Riding it with someone else was definitely preferable to going alone, if just because... well. It was just eerie enough that the thought of riding alone was uncomfortable.

"I think I'd like that," she said, and glanced in the direction of the carousel again. "Are there any of them that stand out to you? You have to pick just the right horse, after all. I'm pretty sure it's bad luck if you pick the wrong one." And really, who wanted to ride the benches, anyway? She knew some people needed to, and they were certainly nice in that case, but the horses were what was fun and far prettier, besides.  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:19 pm
Redbud-Tree

"The univcorn with red and goild." Yolie said gently, trying not toi be immediate. "Bad luck? That sounds logical, actually. You might get an unpleasant one. One time as a kid one of my cousins stole the good pony so I got put on the big dumb squid."

Really. A squid. LAME. The woman sighed, before they were let on, and she thoughtlessly grabbed Rhian's hand, rushing her to the red and gold and the ponies around as she mounted, looking over.

"Look! Look at him he's so regal! Do you like his friends, though? I can move if not..."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:56 pm
NovaCracker

"Oh, then I can take the one next to him," Rhian said, watching as they whirled around, bouncing smoothly to the rhythm of the song. After all, she thought, it would be silly to say they would ride together and then pick one on the opposite side of the ride! And the ones next to him were very pretty in their own ways, though--- was it just her, or had their eyes flashed red? No, no wait, that was definitely just her, she was being silly.

"A squid? I didn't even know there were squid." Not that she disliked the idea, but it seemed a bit silly to want to ride around on a squid... She didn't have time to think about it for long, however, because now it was their turn to ride, and--- oh. Um. They were holding hands now? Well. Okay! Okay, then, that was alright!

"I like his neighbor," she says, patting a moon-white hide experimentally. This one wasn't a unicorn, no, but it was very pretty, and the blue ribbons were a lovely touch. He didn't look quite so fierce as the one Yolie had chosen, but that was fine with Rhian. She wasn't always the biggest fan of fierce.  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:30 pm
Redbud-Tree

"As long as they like you, too!" Yolie crooned happily to her new friend. The moving Carousel was nice, and she beamed to Rhian as she watched the girl;, beaming brightly. She almost snoiffed a pony -- Zayne alone would want to know if it scented of burning flesh like the horribly morbid man he was, but didn't. Did... did the ponies' eyes glow red? no, suirely not.

Yolie looked forwards a moment to see the area... Look pitch black suddenly as a voice murmured across the music, frightened, sad, pained? Who knew.

"Not now.... Not now please...."

Oh gGod, stress was eating Yolie, plainly, and the girl looked to Rhian again.

"I like all of the ponies though. They're elegant." Yes she knew they were horses, but they deserved coddling too.

...A blink again at sobbing.

"Please..." came the murmur/  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:51 pm
NovaCracker

"I'd like to think so," Rhian said, climbing atop it as the carousel began to move. But secretly, she... wasn't so sure. Now that they were here and the ride was in motion, the beauty of it really did seem to be overshadowed by how creepy it was. And it was creepy, the music seeming to be a little more sinister than before, a little more... frightening.

And was that a voice?

"...Um," she said, quite intelligently, and looked to her new friend. "I'm not the only one who hears that, am I?" Why is there someone being sad on a carousel? And--- and where are they? They can't exactly stop the ride to help... "Um." She... she really hoped there wouldn't be any giant spiders or other monsters on this thing, she hadn't come here to deal with that trauma all over again...  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:13 pm
Redbud-Tree

"I did herar that. Uhm..." Yolie was equally wise, swallowing. The black broke rarely as the scent of smoke pierced the air. Occasionally, the other riders seemed to be in vintage clothing -- but noone else sensed a think. Breifly, Yolie wondered if she could risk powering to Dubhe, then discarded the idea. No, no, Rhian might be afraid if a senshi appeared, and the woman held on tightly as the ride moved, the voice crying now.

"Stop.... Sstop trying to hurt them too...."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:08 pm
NovaCracker

"Um," Rhian said again, because really there as no better word for this situation. Shifting uncomfortably on her horse --- because this ride was getting less and less fun and more and more frightening, after all --- she tried to ignore the growing smell of smoke in the air and glanced at the blonde. "So... should we do something?" What they could do, she didn't know, but it seemed like a bad idea to simply sit here and let something happen...

But at least there weren't any spiders, right? Right! No spiders was a good thing! No spiders, only the smell of smoke, and what looked like people running, and that voice...

"...I don't... think I can call this pretty any more." Oh, the horses were still beautiful, but there was something wrong here.  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:19 pm
Redbud-Tree

"I.... I doin't know..." Yolie admitted, before frowining. "But.. Whatever presence is here needs to stop scaring us!" She put on her best tone of command, but all that came was a young girl in vintage clothing who peered at both dolefully, black patches on her body, form transluscent as she looked to Rhian.

"They want to keep you." She murmured. "They think you're pretty. Like Erik. But not like then."

The 'girl' swallowed, resting a hand on Rhian's horse.

"Not her. Not this one ittle one. She's too gentle for this place."

Yolie blinked, eyes widening. Was that?

She opened and closed her mouth, remarkably not choking on smoke even as it roiled around.

"UHM?"  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:56 pm
NovaCracker

...Well, there were worst things than an actual ghost, Rhian supposed. Like giant spiders. Giant spiders that bit you and made you terribly ill were by far worse than anything a single ghost could throw at her. Probably. Especially one that looked so sad as this. Looking between Yolie and--- and the ghost, she'd long-since believed in such things (how could she not, when there was magic and talking cats and a--- a space war going on?), but this was still so strange and frightening to think about.

Strange... and sad. "I really can't stay," she said, meeting her new friend's eyes and nibbling at her lip thoughtfully. "I... understand if you all, or they, are lonely, but staying here would just make me lonely, and the people who care about me lonely too, and I'm sure it's the same for Yolie! So-- can we please just finish the ride normally, and then go home? We can, um... we can visit again, maybe, if that would help?"

Not that it would be easy to work up the courage to do so, after this...  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:00 am
Redbud-Tree

"I'd like visiting too buyt I can't stay either. Pluas all the people riding -- you horses can protect them..." Yolie proposed. The spirit seemed surprised, before looking to the wooden horses, then to both girls before smiling, prepared to cry.

"They'd like that." She murmured. "Locked up, hurt so long -- they'd like to see such kind people again."

As if a wink of magic were indeed in the air, the smoke thinned -- the carousel was loaded with oblivious riders, people in moddrn clothes, people in vintage. The screaming faded to old songs lost to the fire, the carousel's full regalia on a nigh-jewelled display of ethereal smoked light before the carousel suddenly stopped.

The ghosts disappeared when they blinked, the smoke nonexistant, and the other riders they'd boarded with oblivious and talking eagerly amongst themselves about the pleasant ride.

It was as if the ghost weren't there at all. Still, the horses they'd ridden seemed stopped in the middle of the lift and fall, as if affording a gentle dismount, and slowly, Yolie released Rhian's hand to climb down, gently stroking her unicorn's nose.

"Don't worry, I'll visit soon." She soothed, and looked to Rhian. "Her, too. Wanna go get some cotton candy?" Before some relative caught up and made life a living hell. Zayne. Zayne she didn't need interrogated about the ponies.  
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games