Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Just a Little Luck (Bossuth & Zygmuth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:13 am
Suggestions were going to be the death of him...

Unable to fly, unable to hobble very far even outside without some help, a particular bronze had found an empty part of the Bowl and stretched himself out in the sun in the most comfortable way possible. With all the bandages, his neck being one big wrap of them even, Bossuth couldn't really get comfortable. Wounds on his neck, wounds on his chest, some down his side; thread had wrapped itself around him and all that he could breathe easy with was the knowledge that somehow, someway, his rider hadn't been that badly wounded.

He was a failure through and through and despite R'iz's best attempts to bolster his mood, nothing was working.

That was the reason that he'd come to sit in the sunlight a little, away from his ledge. It was a bonus that the ledge was that low, he could easily get himself back up there. Not easily now, but at least it wasn't up as high as Yulaniath's ledge. He'd have never made that flight and would have just lived in the Bowl until he was healed up enough. A soft chuckle pulled from the young bronze's chest and instantly he flinched in physical pain and all but curled up tighter. He should have known better than to do something that would aggravate it, but it didn't take much to do that at all and really what was he supposed to do? Not even be able to laugh?

Hide dulling just a little bit in his depressed self-loathing, Bossuth's head sunk to the ground and his eyes closed.

Didn't matter....

Didn't.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:27 pm
Hattaki

Of their siblings, Zygmuth and her rider M'ton had come off pretty lucky. Some ash and a few very light scores were all they had to show for their fight against Thread. She'd just finished getting a fresh coat of numbweed applied to her more annoying wounds and she was ready to have some fun.

An air of gloom in one area of the bright bowl, quickly caught the plucky green's attention. A small bronze wrapped nose to tail in what appeared to be bandages lay there. His grey hide wasn't a good sign. Obviously he just needed a little luck! He needed Zygmuth! She tilted her head as she contemplated a suitable course of action.

A quick hop over to the feeding pens and she snagged a young wherry. In a flash she was back and approaching the bronze. Cheer up Bossuth! I will dance for you! Dead, limp wherry dangling from her jaws, the green waited until he looked up to start her display.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:31 am
A voice echoed in his head, a very cheerful one that plucked at a tiny string he'd hidden rather well from everyone but his rider. One gray eye opened slowly and peered at Zygmuth as she walked up to him with a wherry hanging dead in her mouth. Under normal circumstances he would have immediately perked up and played along, but the little bronze could only barely shift without pain and just to raise his head and regard her was tiring.

Dance? Surely there are others that deserve it more than a failure who fell out of the sky. Bossuth's head almost sunk back to the ground again but he was curious and still respectful since the little green appeared to be waiting for him. I don't deserve a dance.

Still... he wouldn't have turned one down. He'd never watched another dragon dance and Zygmuth always had so much energy, Bossuth honestly had been a bit envious of all that energy she had in the past.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:35 pm
Hattaki

Nope, that's exactly the reason they don't deserve it. Thread is tough! Don't beat yourself up over it too. Are you hungry? I brought a snack if you are. Zygmuth was going to cheer him up one way or another! She placed the wherry next to him. I can tear it up for you if you need.

With that, she spread her wings out in front of her and ducked her head down for a moment then popped it back up. The green repeated this several times.

User Image  

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:09 am
Cocking his head slightly to one side at her words, Bossuth let them roll around in his mind a bit, ruminating on exactly what it meant to be deserving when Zygmuth so quickly denounced successful and skilled dragons as undeserving. One claw moved forward to rest upon the wherry's body as he watched her dance with wide eyes that, while still managing to stay quite gray in color, started to shift and dance almost along with her. Greens and blues, even a strain of purple, threaded through his eyes, sparked across the facets as her head ducked and popped up, a toothy smile on her face.

Tiny string twanging deep within his hearts, the small bronze remembered all the reasons why he'd let that form in the first place as a chuckle rumbled through him. Where his chest expanded with his rumbling laughter there was pain, but it was certainly worth it to watch his cousin's display that she was so excited about. If it were any other than her, even his closest sibling Yulaniath, Bossuth was certain he wouldn't be laughing, yet here he was.

We need to be stronger than Thread, I'm afraid that I'm not but you're displaying another type of strength all your own. If any could... the one green born from the luckiest of all eggs certainly would be the strongest. Shaff color or false bravado.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:39 pm
Hattaki

Her dancing had pleased him! She liked his laugh. Zygmuth was pleased that her efforts had cheered the ailing bronze. Some just needed a little extra luck! She was determined to supply all that he needed. It's time to turn that frown upside down! With the last word, the green flopped and rolled over onto her back, looking up at the bronze from her inverted position.

You are strong though Bossuth! I can see that, even if you can't just yet. Zygmuth would be there to cheer him along the whole way. She had endless spunk and energy, not to mention luck! We are strong when we stand together against it. She tilted her head and slowly rolled herself back upright. What kind of strength is that?

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:04 am
Another softer rumble followed on the heels of the last as Zygmuth threw herself onto the stone ground of the Bowl and smiled up at him, innocent joy in the expression that he could see across her face. I believe you just turned it upside down all on your own, though now this means to me you're frowning. Gently he reached down and booped his nose against her chin, a quirk pulling at the edge of his muzzle as if to tilt it a bit upwards, even if it didn't go there but briefly.

It was more sardonic however, full of self loathing and cynical towards only himself. No he wasn't strong, even if those around him continued to try and boost his self esteem with it, they didn't live in his head or see what he saw. They had none of them fallen from the sky unconscious with a broken strap that could have killed their riders. He was a failure. Honestly Zygmuth I don't know that I'll ever see it as you do. That's the way of life though, I suppose. What the world must have looked like through eyes that were skilled at finding the best in others and themselves. Bossuth could see the best in others, knew full well that there were dragons who were strong and that his little green cousin would be one of them as she graduated to fly among those that had been fighting for turns.

You are all very strong when you fly together, but only the strong will survive and only the strong deserve to be considered full dragons. The small bronze pulled his head back, wincing as his scars contracted painfully. Just having the ability to be ever positive and joyful is strength beyond what many have. You're likely the strongest of us all.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:37 pm
Hattaki

The green considered his words. She didn't want to frown at him. If she smiled if she was right side up and frowned when she was upside down, then did that mean if she frowned while upside down it would be a smile for him? She'd have to remember to ask him to check some day. Well that wasn't very nice of me! I always want to smile at you!

I can see it, she said softly, solemnly. That wasn't your fault, your straps were sound until Thread. The green replied with confidence as she booped him back energetically. I can show you! The green sent him images of what she thought he'd look like when he wasn't down, posed handsomely with his neck arched and beautiful hide gleaming in the sun.

You'll see. You'll get stronger Bossuth and you'll fly with me! She wriggled closer to come under his injured wing as carefully as possible and support it on her body. I can share it with you, as much as you need. Zygmuth wasn't stringy.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:22 am
Slowly a light purple swirled into his eyes at her words and Bossuth inclined his head just a bit. You always smile constantly Zygmuth, I doubt you'd ever frown at anyone. He just couldn't see it, she was far too kind and sweet, which begged the question, why was she being that way to a dragon that didn't deserve it?

An image, a strong one, flooded into his mind. It was of himself, but definitely not the way he truly was. In fact he seemed just a bit too strong and proportioned in that image for it to be any bit true. If he could blush, Bossuth's whole entire head and neck would have, for he didn't feel anywhere even in the vicinity of looking that put together as Zygmuth's image of him.

Straps were sound but my skill was not. Maybe neither of ours was since we weren't in tune that day with one another. The bronze's head hung just a bit. At least they'd been able to save a sibling, that was what mattered the most to him and he could feel it in his Radish as well.

Despite his scars being sore, Bossuth tucked his wing around Zygmuth gently and pressed his nose to the top of her head. It might do to have some reminding, but one day we'll be able to fly strongly and save others on Pern just as you do. I'm sure of it. Both he and His wanted it after all, so they'd work harder towards it than anything as long as they knew they weren't total failures.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:12 pm
Hattaki

The green hummed with pleasure. This bronze was absolutely so sweet. How could not everyone like the little male? Zygmuth arched her neck as she noticed the faint purple tint to his eyes. I try. If I can make just one dragon's day better with a smile, then I consider it a day well spent.

Thread is nothing to sneeze at Bossuth. We all know how dangerous it is. No one can blame you. She nudged his shoulder with the end of her muzzle. I know we don't remember things well, but your rider can. Remember your lesson from this well.

She trilled and tucked in against his side. Zygmuth knew she'd gotten so lucky and picked the best bronze in the whole weyr. I will remind you as often as you need me to! She ducked her head shyly; she didn't think she was all that special or saved others.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:10 pm
An edge crooked upwards at last and the faintest of smiles crossed Bossuth's muzzle, but he'd angled it so that his undeserving self didn't give away the emotion overmuch. While his eyes finally settled on a bright blue color, never one to fully hide anything from them, the bronze inclined his head to hers. It appears this was a day well spent then, for I would be a fool not to take everything you've done and smile for it. There were many dragons, many green dragons even, in the Weyr but none were as kind and giving as Zygmuth always was.

The mention of not remembering things had him pondering just a bit, at the possibility that he might forget his training in the moment and so would need to rely fully on his rider. It always felt more to him that they were a pair, each working to cover the other's weaknesses, but maybe he was the weakness. Still, he hadn't chosen wrong, so only good things could eventually come of it. Thread is very dangerous, it's fast fliers like you that keep us all safe. You save many more than you realize, even if it's just with a smile.

Gently he tucked one of his wings down against her and covered most of her from view before snaking his head down to press his nose against hers lightly for just a moment. May we remind each other. It was no question, his hearts were swelled up just being around Zygmuth, that was answer enough to his internal question.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:32 pm
Hattaki

While he wasn't very expressive just yet, Zygmuth sensed a slight change in the bronze. She hoped with time that would change and he'd be able to open up to her a little more. She would continue to be there by his side and give him the support and luck he needed. The little green silently cheered at his words. Her day had definitely been worth while.

That is very sweet of you to say. We all do our part Bossuth. Each of them had an important part to play and no one part was more important than another. They were all simply a small part of a larger whole.

Zygmuth cooed as she cuddled up to the bronze. She pressed her nose back against his. Yes. They really didn't need to say too much more did they? While she cheered everyone on, never had she thought to find one so special and precious among all of them.

magnadearel

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff