Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] A Test of Patience (X'ael, X'teis & Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:53 pm
Evening sunlight trailed across the beach where waves crashed lazily with the slowly rising tide. While some of his siblings would have matched up with the waves rather brilliantly, Cucuaranath was stretched out with his growing starry wings stretched out to affect where the waves crashed. No, he wasn't a full grown dragon, especially a gold, that could simply lay there and be utterly unaffected, but his calm demeanor and the way his mellow green eyes conveyed his contentment at least could give the illusion. His bonded had gone to speak to 'her'.

That brought a laugh from the little blue and he rolled over onto his back, wings still spread but catching the water in different ways. This was likely where they would end up, on the beach in that weyr/hut/thing and he was completely fine with it. What better place than to be on a beach in the evening, especially after days of fighting thread and working.

X'ael sent him some sort of emotion, he was too busy wiggling about in the water to really pay too much attention to it. Cucuaranath knew he was coming back, he didn't need to be in a rush. Still, he heaved himself up and shook from headknobs to tail tips, water dashing everywhere across the sands. He would need a good scrubbing and oiling for all the salt he'd just gotten on his hide and while he would have loved to laze around for as long as possible, there was that feeling.

Oh how he wanted to be lazy.

You're lazy enough, you almost slept past breakfast this morning and you eat like a runnerbeast. For just a moment the blue feigned being taken aback by this information, but the feeling simply devolved into a calm chuckle. Lessons are so tedious when we could be sleeping in every day. You never sleep in, so you wouldn't understand, but it's a great feeling.

Nevermind he was at the age where most baby dragons slept and slept, even during written lessons, the little blue's constant desire to sleep sometimes even have X'ael picking him up and just carrying him to the next place. While his bonded was hopeful that it would be a phase that passed quicker than he grew, all things would come to an end eventually. Even if Cucuaranath ended up being small he would still be at least twenty three feet in length and no one was picking that up other than another dragon. Lazy desire or not, his blue was realizing that he would have to move and go.

Now though, he was just coming up with ways to work around it or be as slow as possible. Everyone was too much in a rush in this Weyr. His dark feet slowly moved, plodding along a path that would have him reunite with X'ael so they could both go back to the Weyr the easiest way, no backtracking needed.

So have you two talked about it yet then? Time for a good laugh. Talked about? Well you moving in there once we're done training. It's only a few months away after all.

A distance away on the sands, his bonded choked and a lazy bugle answered him.

sariraii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:20 am
Nice day, he supposed. X'teis would rather be inside, pouring over some hides, but alas, his Damisath needed exercise. Not that he minded as much as he felt he did--he would do anything for Damisath, and took his duties as a weyrling VERY seriously. He joined his brown in exercising, doing situps while Damisath worked his wings.

X'teis was not made for this kind of lifestyle. He was too quickly-tired, too weak. Not good enough. He felt stronger in his image of himself, since Impression, but he still felt that Damisath could have done better. At the very least...there were more suitable riders out there.

Don't be silly, X'teis--I chose you, didn't I? Are you implying that I would ever make the wrong choice? Damisath's honeyed words were genuine, but the charm of his dragon made X'teis smile regardless.

Of course, Damisath, but--

I won't hear any of that! You're going to learn that I made the best choice, no matter what. Damisath paused, lowering his wings. This is boring, mine. Can't we do something else? I'm sure you'd be happier if we did...

"Absolutely not," X'teis said, aloud. "We have to do our duty. You need to grow strong." On this, he was firm. Damisath considered arguing, but he paused, noticing the approach of one of his brothers. X'ael was not noticed, not yet, but Damisath inclined his head to peer at his brother, Cucuaranath.

My brother! the brown called, relieved to see another, and have an excuse to stop his exercises. Unless, of course, X'teis got any funny ideas about doing it together--but that would still be better than doing it alone. Where is yours? I don't suppose you are up to anything particularly interesting? His eyes lit up at this. Perhaps...an adventure could occur?

Hattaki

sariraii

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:34 am
A shake sent the remainder of the salty water from his starry blue hide and all over the sand, his body wriggling somewhat like a canine in the process as Cucuaranath turned his pale blue muzzle towards his much larger brother. Well, relatively larger. In fact the large blue weyrling was nearly as large as his brown brother and that gave him some interesting bit of hope for his size once he was finished growing from nose to tail tips. Or maybe his brother would simply be small for a brown, either way he wasn't inclined to mention it to the far more cunning clutch sibling that he loped over to smoothly with a trill of curiosity.

On such a beautiful evening you and yours are out practicing and training brother? You're far better than I. Cucuaranath's voice was calm and just as lazy seeming as he was at times, a hint of humor always coloring every word he projected. Bright green eyes peered at the smaller form of his brother's rider with curiosity for how hard the young man was working despite the surrounding beauty. Mine was out talking to someone, but he'll be along shortly. He's just a short way away up the beach, maybe he can aide you in whatever it seems that this is? He tends to be rather serious when it comes to training as well, when naps are so much better.

A sigh left the blue and turned into laughter as X'ael walked up behind the other young man, his arms crossed and one eyebrow raised at his dragon. "Naps are just lazy, but then you're a lazy beast." If he could, the stocky man would have taken his dragon by the headknobs and shaken his head to and fro, not that it amounted to much given that Cucuaranath's growing size and propensity to find such an action as 'playful' made it useless anymore. Despite his mild irritation and the undercurrent of fluster he'd had from his dragon's statements previous to his arrival, X'ael managed a grin down at X'teis. Rougish though it might have always been, he really did like nearly all of his fellow weyrlings.

He could appreciate a fellow hard worker when he saw one and he knew that X'teis was.

"Sorry to have my lazy lunk of a dragon botherin' you. He's my payback for any time I ever spent being lazin' as a kid." X'ael shook his shaggy head and reached out a hand, as if to shake or pull the younger man to his feet if he liked.

sariraii

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff