User ImageUser Image

She came from the woods at the dead of night, in her mouth was a worn beaten up pouch she used to store her medicinal herbs. Her good eye kept focus to her surroundings as she quietly made her way back towards her pack's territory, it was always a risky thing for her to be out so late in the evening hours but she lost track of time and gathered a good supply that would last for quite awhile.

Just as she reached her homeland she was greeted by a familiar face. Her son who looked on with concern. She let out a sigh through her teeth and headed his way uphill, she stopped before him and dropped the bag of herbs "Pleasant to see my son for once, what do I owe this rare occasion?" she asked.

Churning looked over his mother and glanced around her, it was none to his surprise she was accompanied by no one. She rarely sought companionship and honestly it flabbergasted him that she even had any relations. He could not help but wonder if she was always this distrusting and if so, how did father work around that.

"Tell me, do you knock on death's door?" he growled and added "Not even a crow by your side!"

Dead Eye just snorted and rolled her eyes "I do quite fine on my own." she leaned down to take the pouch back into the her mouth, clamping her teeth firmly on it and simply walked passed her son. She'd be a fool to stand there and be lectured by someone younger. She could hear his huffs behind her as she made her way to her den.

"Where do you think your going? I'm not done!" he shouted and followed after her into his mother's den. It has been quite awhile since he stepped inside her den but all was familiar with the smell of medicinal herbs lingering in the air. He found his mother sorting through the herbs and she turned to look at him with annoyance "You really need to stop going out alone! What if something happens?" he huffed at her.

"You act as if I'm weak? Does my son find me to be weak?" she shook her head "Is it because I'm blind in one eye?" she frowned at him. She hated her disability being brought up time and time again, she felt after all these years the stigma she was weak would fade.

Churning approached her "Hardly, I know that you can pack a paw if forced."

She smirked and turned her attention once more on the medicinal plants "Then tell me son, what drives you to lecture me?" she asked without facing him. She wanted to hear what he had to say for himself, though she did not like her own son striking authority over her.

He sighed "I know your capable of protecting yourself! But please, consider getting a crow so that I may no longer feel need to worry about you on your late night strolls."

She turned to him "Strolls? Excuse you, they are not simple strolls and I always have a purpose when stepping out of the pack'd territory."

Churning blinked "Come again?" he frowned and drew closer to her "Did you say out of the territory? Are you insane?" he growled.

Dead Eye sighed "A lot of the plants that I need are not all found in our pack's territory."

Her son shook his head and sat himself down with a huff "Then send someone else to gather them! I understand if you once in awhile travel to see father..I know relations with someone outside of the pack must be difficult." he sure as hell wouldn't be caught dead in it, let alone a relationship for that matter.

"Oh don't bring your father into this.." she sighed and looked to her son "Look, I promise that I'll get a crow when the time seems right."

"Right time? It has been the right time for many years!" he growled and then added "If you do not seek a crow partner then I shall find a suitable one for you! I will not have you going off into dangerous areas simply because she you need to grab some rare plant."

"Those rare plants saves lives." Dead Eye cut him off before he could speak more "The plants that help and keep our pack thriving. Do not waste my time when you know nothing!" she growled "Out with you now! Before I become more crossed!"

Churning Mist let out an irritated growl and simply got up leaving the den without a single goodbye. He could not stand his mother's reckless behavior and knew one day it would get the best of her, so because she ignored his wishes he would look for a crow partner. Surely, she would abide to his wishes that much and take a crow with her when she was on her runs. His mother was stubborn but not stupid, it just happens no crow has been given to her or bonded with her yet. It did not help she carried an antisocial behavior and seemed awkward around in situations that were not pertaining towards her profession. Even as a mother she struggled with giving him comfort at times and when he was sick that one time she suddenly became the most doting parent ever, but those faults he did not blame her for.

She had her tragic past and he did not pry, he had thought to ask the other pack members about his mother but in the end he deemed it not right to do so, he would wait for her to tell her story. His grandfather had died on a hunt with his mother, that much he did know for that was something that could not be hidden from him. Churning always wondered what his grandfather was like and what place he had in the pack, on what job did he carry out.

Heck even his name he wondered on.

WC - 1,008