Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:58 pm
Hattaki
No rush hun! Wanted to get this started for you. <3

Nalacko had privately saved the best for last. She was going to need an accomplice for this plan, and she had the perfect candidate. One certain young bronze. Though maybe given his perchance for spilling the beans, he might not be such a good choice. Nala didn’t mind too much. R’iz would be surprised either way. She patted the pot holding the precious egg fondly. Nala felt this one was the best of Vine’s clutch, though she didn’t know why. It was probably just wishful thinking anyhow.

It was the least she could offer to her close friends. She had wanted to do something super special for all of them. Maybe many wouldn’t consider an egg from a green’s clutch worth much, but a candidate didn’t really have much to give away or buy presents. That she’d given them an egg from her green’s clutch instead of selling for marks, she hoped would convey what they meant to her.

Nala moved into her hiding spot outside the young bronze’s weyr. Boss. Bossuth. Listen and don’t tell R’iz I’m here. I need you to draw him away from his weyr for a little bit. Can you do that? Of her friend’s dragons, she adored the tiny bronze with his crooked tail the most. He almost always answered her call if he wasn’t busy. Perhaps it was a fondness brought on by her crush on his rider. Something she did her best to keep hidden.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:47 am
Boss. Bossuth.

Stretched out so that the wrappings covering his threadsores were baking in the warm afternoon sunlight, the little bronze dragon had dozed off somewhat when he should have been wide awake. Under normal circumstances they'd be up and moving around, he and his redheaded radish that was currently curling metal pieces that he'd bought into... something. Bossuth didn't quite care what it was exactly. The bench he always stored his things at was clean besides what was in his hands, which meant that he was almost finished. While the bronze was loathe to stop his rider in the midst of something, it seemed that Nalacko was planning something.

Interesting.

These bandages are itchy... Bossuth trailed off pitifully, lifting a claw to 'scratch' at them, a claw that tore them from his neck and exposed the rather rough wounds beneath them that were still healing. As the bandages tore, they took a bit of scabbing with them and caused R'iz to slap a hand to his neck as if the pain were his own, the piece he was working on falling to the bench.

"Hey, hey, be easy with those. You rubbed them off by rolling on that side just two nights ago and now you tear them?" R'iz hopped over to his dragon and pulled the ruined bandages off. While he had some spares in his weyr he had no salve to put on the newly opened wounds that were leaking light ichor trails down his dragon's neck. "Just keep your claws away from them for a few minutes, I'm gonna go get some new ones and we'll replace them all down your side while I'm at it, okay? New, non-itchy bandages."

Concerned that the direct sunlight might do some damage to the freshly opened wounds, he grabbed a blanket from the end of his bed and tossed it across Bossuth's neck before he left, waving Mint towards the dragon as he went. Dutifully the little green fire lizard landed on the bronze's headknob, the only place that didn't appear to be bandaged or in any real ruin and cheeped at him motheringly.

Chuckling to himself at the fire lizard's needless warnings, Bossuth glanced about. You'll have a few minutes before he's back, it's quite some way to the healer's infirmary from here and he has a lot to grab. At least he hoped Nalacko's tiny self was nearby so that she could be quick with whatever it was she had planned.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 am
Hattaki
I think they were knocked out? I can correct it if not. XD

She knew the pair had had a very rough time with their first fall. Nalacko wanted to do her best to cheer them up and give them a boost of confidence. It had worried her terribly to see them brought back limp on the back of another dragon. Thankfully the pair hadn't been lost between. The teen knew they might not be awake, so she was prepared to wait and come back later if needed. She'd made sure the pot was nice and warm then wrapped in a warm towel to further delay cooling.

Her patience was rewarded as Bossuth responded a bit later. A few minutes is all I need. She sent her gratitude and love to the dragon as she peeked around the wall to be sure the rider was long gone before scampering into the weyr. Vine hummed a greeting from her shoulder to the dragon and other firelizard.

"I'll be right there Bossuth. One thing first." Nala went to the hearth and unwrapped the towel from the egg pot as Vine crooned approvingly. She placed it then went to pay her respects to the bronze. "Thanks for your help." She offered him a scratch. Nala noticed the fresh ichor and frowned. "Did you do that just now for me? While I appreciate it, I'd have preferred something....... a little less extreme?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:40 am
Flashes of green and blue crossed his otherwise pain-greyed eyes as he watched Nalacko slip into the weyr, what looked like a pot in cradled in her arms. Mint gave a curious peep and trilled in response to Vine's hum, but she didn't leave her perch on Bossuth's headknob, honoring her duty to the fullest even when her bonded wasn't there to remind her to do so. Her little tail held onto the blanket, keeping it in place when it started to slip in response to the little bronze lifting his head just a bit higher to peer at the newcomer's motions.

Given where she placed the pot and Nala's swiftness of motion, he could only really come up with one and it brought a wave of amusement that he washed over the girl gently. Another little pair of wings to fly around. This should be an interesting gift, he'll never see it coming. He wasn't about to mention that he wouldn't see it coming primarily because R'iz was utterly distracted with his own mental state. Not that Bossuth was helping in any way with his own, but he at least figured that the sweet gift from a friend might help his mentally anguished rider a bit.

Tipping his head into the scratches, lifting it up just a bit to compensate for the change in height, he offered a gentle croon. It was the best way to get him out of the weyr long enough. Anything less and he wouldn't be likely to leave. He realized exactly why she'd noticed when he glanced down and saw Mint valiantly but vainly attempting to keep the blanket in place, her tiny wings not quite strong enough to pull the heavy thing back into place with how far it had slid down over his ruined hide. If he'd been in a better way he might have tried to help her, but really all that was safe was his wings and they were splayed out. Thank you for the gift, is it from you and your little one?

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:43 pm
Hattaki

She smiled and tilted her head. "Well hopefully you and Mint won't let it go unnoticed when it starts to hatch." It'd be a shame if he lost it, but she wouldn't be mad at him. Nala gave an understanding nod as she continued the scratches. She paused for a moment to help the green firelizard out by lifting the blanket back up into place.

"You're such a good girl Mint." With it set back into place she moved back to his head. Nala hoped they wouldn't leave bad scars, but it could only add to his handsomeness. "Yup! It's her first clutch I've been able to find." She was so proud she could share it with her friends.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:21 am
Bossuth hadn't meant it that way at all, which just pulled a chuckle from the dragon as he inclined his head to let her pull the blanket back up where R'iz had tossed it. Even he knew full well that it wouldn't do to have those scars get sunburned or he'd be in a world of pain and trouble worse than he already was. Believe me, we won't allow that to happen. As if to make that point abundantly clear, Mint struck a tiny watcher pose on the bronze's headknob, looking like some skulking wherry. His Radish could use another of the little fire lizards, Mint was certainly the only one that helped him as Phin was all but useless.

Still, the little green wasn't beyond being complimented or even bribed should the situation call for it. The many little baubles covering her wing phalanges, headknobs, tail, neck, legs and tiny toes showed how much R'iz appreciated that his green helped him as well. Or at least how bored he could be in his freetime as of late, not being able to train the way they should with Bossuth all but chained to the ground thanks to his wounds. Does that mean she's had a few more that have just disappeared? I've heard talk of it from others but I never pay attention to any but my Radish's lizards. They seem more scatterbrained in faires though. His eyes flashed a bright green with curiosity for a moment before dulling back down again as they had been with his pain.

Once he knows that he'll cherish that egg even more. Gently Bossuth pressed his nose against Nalacko's head and blew out a warm huff of air into her hair, tousling it about.

magnadearel

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:25 pm
Hattaki

Nala chuckled as the green took up another duty and struck her pose. She was adorable. "I know I can trust you Bossuth!" It'd be nice if she could see the hatching, but at least she could see the aftermath.

She nodded slowly. "I know she's had flights, but I've never been able to find a nest. I think she might have gone somewhere warm to lay them then came back." High Reaches wasn't exactly suitable for firelizard clutches. "I had to make sure to provide her with warm sands this time."

"I can't wait to see what hatches from it." She gave him a gentle snug to his muzzle. It was so exciting! Nala hoped R'iz would have a chance to call her for the hatching.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:45 am
Others had told him before that they trusted him, but from a human so small and gentle he took it just a bit more to heart and one of his wings curled around her, warm sunlight illuminating the membranes of his wings. Gratefully they'd been unmarred when he'd been injured, which meant that he could still fly and fight in the future. That was the one thing that he could take away from this lesson in pain, that the wings were highly important.

Well, now that you've learned what she needs you can be ready for her future little flights so that you can keep her eggs and make many new little friends. And rest assured, I'll do my best to call you when the time comes if it's not too abrupt. Bossuth reassured her gently, his head leaning more into the hug about his muzzle. You are part of his family after all little one, whether or not you realize that entirely, you are. Piecing together all the parts of R'iz's family had been quite interesting to do as he'd grown and the little bronze had found that he considered the same ones to be family now.

Family was what you made it after all.

magnadearel
Please forgive how rusty I am. Xx;;

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 2:19 pm
Hattaki

The teen cuddled into the wing. Of the dragons, Bossuth was probably her most favorite. He was an absolutely sweetheart and dear; Nala couldn't imagine how someone couldn't like the little bronze. She always felt better when she was around him.

"True. I'll keep an eye on it." She had two greens, and didn't really have any more interesting in getting more. But she didn't mind giving away the eggs to friends. "Thank you Bossuth. I would love to watch R'iz impress." Nala smiled. "I should go now lest he returns and sees me here." She gave a final pat to his eyeridge before going to slip out.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 3:15 pm
It took everything in him not to comment that bonding to a fire lizard was nothing like Impressing to a dragon, but he knew in the future the sweet little one would find her own dragon and would understand. Soon enough she'd know exactly what it meant to Impress and would feel the love that came along with it. Even if he only knew what that felt like from a dragon's perspective he knew it was fantastic.

You don't have to thank me, you're the little one's grandmother in a way. He couldn't wink at her but he did send her a wave of amusement followed quickly by a wave of love. Be ready, for when the time comes it will be very fast. But you should be very fast now and go to your right once you exit the door. Bossuth could sense his Radish coming back up from the left, there was concern with each of the redhead's steps. It was understandable, he hadn't quite realized how tired he was himself now that Nalacko had left.

The door opened breaths after it had closed, though R'iz didn't immediately mention having seen Nalacko so Bossuth felt certain she had managed to slip away secretly. With time he would point out the little egg, but he couldn't entirely derail His' concern and just melted into the hands that ran over his nose and down the good side of his neck wearily.

magnadearel
Fin.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items