{PRP}A little surprise celebration{Shar/Yulaniath/Nalacko}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:31 pm
SilverLutz

One egg safely delivered. Nalacko hurried back to her quarters to pick up the next warm pot that was keeping another of Vine's precious eggs warm. Vine helped her do a quick check of the egg before she brushed the warm sand back over it. Pot cradled carefully in her arms, Nala headed to her next destination with Vine riding proudly on her shoulder. The little green knew she was happy with the eggs and that the firelizard had done well.

She found a nice open spot and hoped Yulaniath was awake. My dear Yulaniath. Might I trouble you for a ride up? I need to speak with you and Yours. Haven done this once already, she was a little calmer. Her friends wouldn’t regret her gift, she was mostly sure. Nala hoped the green wasn’t too tired after fighting thread though. It had been a tough day for the weyrlings; which was why the timing of this couldn’t have been more perfect. She hoped these gifts cheered them up.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:21 pm
Their first real Threadfall had gone pretty well if you asked Yulaniath and Shar. They'd been pretty beat up after the fact but hadn't done anything embarrassing or faltered in their goals and had even ended on a rather positive note, flaming and flying strong right up until the end. It had hurt to see Bossuth and R'iz fall just at the end of the flight but they'd done so to save another of their wingmates, and both Shar and Yulan could appreciate that. After a quick stint with the healers to get patched up, both dragon and rider had retreated to their small, shared weyr to rest. Thankfully their roommate was out and about still, giving them a bit of respite.

Shar was laying in her bed, awake but just barely when Yulan lifted her head and peered down over the edge of her ledge. Down in the Bowl she could make out the small form of Nala gazing up, up, and up some more. It was their place as greens to reside in the 'worst' of the weyrs and Shar and Yulan both didn't mind at all, but it did make visitors without dragons a bit difficult.

Nala is asking to come up. Shall I fetch her? Yulan asked, peering over her shoulder at Shar. The greenrider grimaced slightly at the thought of having to stay awake a bit longer but she nodded, waving a hand at Yulan to send the dragon off while she pulled herself to a seated position.

Of course! I'll be right down, Yulan said, her voice tired but cheerful as she directed her thoughts to Nala. The green dove off the ledge, letting gravity do the work for her as she flared her wings to slow her descent. Despite the Threadscore across her hide and a few bandages here and there she didn't look too worse for the wear, though her energy was nearly spent.

Ooh, what have you got there? Yulaniath asked curiously as she approached the Candidate, nosing the pot curiously before glancing up at Vine. Perhaps it had something to do with the rather proud looking firelizard riding atop Nala's shoulders?

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:08 pm
SilverLutz

She didn't wait long before her reply came and Nala could see a distant green dove off her ledge. The teen smiled to herself. Yes the pair were tired, but Yulaniath sounded cheerful still. The green quickly landed and was instantly attracted to her secret surprise for why she was here. Nala giggled as the dragon nosed the pot.

"Ssshhhhhh. Don't tell Shar what I've got." She gave the dragon a wink. Shar would be finding out about it right soon anyhow so it didn't matter too much if the beans got spilled. Vine gave a smug croon at the dragon. She knew what was in there.

"I'm sorry to bother you both when you're tired and recovering. But I didn't think this should wait too much longer." Nala scrambled up to settle on the dragon's shoulders and grab a neck ridge. "I'm ready!"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:03 pm
Yulaniath's delight was hard to hide and indeed, high above in the weyr, Shar got to her feet with the added boost of happiness from her dragon. Curious now, the greenrider waited for her dragon to return to her with her guest.

Yulan waited for Nala to climb aboard, not a hard task thanks to her small stature, and once everyone was secure she lifted off. Her ascent was slow so as not to tip her rider at all. With Shar in her straps and harness Yulan could do all sorts of graceful and acrobatic aerial maneuvers, but Nala was riding bareback and carrying a rather precious gift. She needed to be careful.

Certainly! Things like that need to be prompt, Yulan agreed, eager to see the shell of the egg that awaited her rider. She was used to R'iz's flits and had to admit she was a bit disappointed Shar didn't have one, but that was all about to change!

Landing lightly on the ledge outside the weyr, Yulan laid down so Nala could ease herself off without jarring her gift. Shar pushed herself from the wall she'd been leaning on, heading towards her dragon and the Candidate.

"Nala, good to see you," she said, the words rather formal and impersonal and the tone could be taken for cold or distant, but the fact that Shar had allowed Nala up to her weyr was proof enough that their impromptu bonding at the last Touching had stuck. Shar wouldn't let just anyone up here, after all.

"What brings you in search of us?"

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:58 pm
SilverLutz

The ride was as gentle and smooth as she could have asked for. Vine gave her fellow green an appreciated chirp. Nala was happy Yulaniath also seemed pleased with the gift idea. She eased down and turned back to the dragon to give a slight bow. "Thank you for the ride up Yulaniath. It was a pleasure and very smooth."

Nala turned as Shar approached and gave the woman a wide smile. The greeting might have felt to others that she was getting the cold shoulder, but she didn't think so. "Shar! It's good to see you too. I'm happy you didn't take too much thread damage." Plus this reason gave her a chance to check up on all her friends.

"I brought you a little something." Vine gave a satisfied cheep as Nala brought the pot into better view and handed it to the rider. "It's one of Vine's eggs. I know you both will take good care of it."  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games