User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Quietly, the small tri-color wolf sat. Eyes closed, her mind freely wandered. She had been here for a while now, loosely encircled by unfamiliar wolves. They were an interesting bunch, much black, sporting various accessories, one even had animal bones woven into their fur. By comparison, Story was quite plain with naught but a modest amount of green dye under her eyes and on her body. A knot of green feathers was fastened to her ear by a small ring and she wore a plain necklace. If she were a different wolf she might have been intimidated. Story was never the fearful type though, except maybe for spiders. Yeah, spiders are pretty freaky to her.

They called this event a trial of silence, but it was definitely more of an initiation ritual. She was being taunted, relentlessly. The smell of fresh kill filled her nose, and she was told not to eat. She was prodded and told not to move. They tried lots of different things, but her memory was keen and her resolve was strong. Story knew what she had to do and what was at stake. Earlier that day, she had a chance encounter with a member of a pack called The Crows. They were a serious group with a mean reputation that preceded them. She had heard a bunch of tales regarding them already and was eager to meet with one and had already had a pretty good idea of how to approach them and how to speak to them.

And, that’s how she got here. Having weathered the onslaught of torment, Story stands before the clan’s Alpha: Big Bad. She is a little intimidated, as he is the subject of some controversy, but it’s too late to turn back now. “Do you like bedtime stories, Sir?” She asks in earnest. “I believe that I can be an asset to you. I’m familiar with the care of cubs and my storytelling is considered quite good.” To prove herself, she regaled him with tales of distant lands and lost treasures.