Submit

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:27 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maeve huddled against a large rock with her legs tucked tightly underneath her as she shivered against the rough stone. The emerald pelt around her neck did little to comfort her, as her shaking was not caused by the chill of the night air. If it was cold, the poor leopard cub didn't even notice, too overwhelmed by her terror to care if she was warm. It had been a full day since she had lost her mother and the small brown cub was hungry, lonely, and scared. Now, she hid behind a boulder and listened, transfixed by fear, to the sounds of some creature rustling around on the other side. She didn't recognize the scent of the animal and had no way of knowing it was only a genet; all she knew was that it was getting closer and closer to her hiding spot.

The genet, minding its own and simply searching for a meal, reached the rock and snuffled around to see if it could dig up a mouse or lizard. Hearing the sniffing so close to her finally broke Maeve's petrification and she bolted, not knowing where she was going besides away. She ran so hard and so fast that her legs ached and her paw pads were scratched, and still she kept running. Looking over her shoulder to see if the monster was chasing her, Maeve thought that nothing could stop her... and that was when she collided with something. Something warm, and furry, and hard. With a yowl, she spun out and landed sprawled in the dirt, her heart pounding so hard she was sure everyone in the world could hear it.

MiddlyGlow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am
Rennekae

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kapua crashed into the other cub and he had no idea how it had happened in the middle of the rogue lands in the dark. What were the chances that he would run into another cub this night? He blinked as he looked up at the other cub, a leopard? He blinked again and then he wiped the tears from his eyes. He didn't want the other cub to see him weak and crying, not that it would do any good. He had no words right now and had no idea how to say hello to this other cub. He shook his head hearing her pained yowl finally which took him a long time to get to his brain after the night he had. "Are you ok?" He asked softly.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:33 pm
Shaking her head and blinking, Maeve turned her pink gaze onto whatever she had crashed into. An orange lion cub with flowers in his mane stood before her, and her fear greatly diminished. He didn't look scary at all.

Maeve couldn't imagine being much farther from okay - she was alone, hungry, confused, and terrified. Her eyes were so full of tears that what night vision she did have was totally obscured. She was, however, uninjured besides a little bruised from the collision and the monster didn't seem to still be chasing her, so she simply nodded.

"I-I'm okay," she squeaked. "Are you okay?"

Starting to calm, Maeve's eyes flickered back and forth and she realized that this lion cub was also alone. She felt a hope she didn't know she'd had break inside her at the fact that she was still without a parent.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:27 pm
Rennekae

Kapua frowned and then he wiped his paw across his eyes again and turned his head away "I'm ok.." His little voice was a little gruff he still couldn't make himself stop crying. "Umm, what are you doing out here by yourself?" He asked shuffling his paws in the dirt. They were alone in the night and there were no parents in sight. He had to wonder if they were both orphans in this situation, but he wasn't going to bluntly come out and say it. He waited for the female leopard to tell him her story or at least whatever she wanted to say. "I'm Kapua by the way." He said softly.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:05 pm
"I-I'm Maeve... My mom put me in the grass and told me to hide... and she-she said she'd be right back. But then a monster roared and... and I ran. And then I couldn't find her so now I'm all alone..." Maeve trailed off sadly. She really had tried to stay put as her mother had told her, but the sounds she had heard had been too much for the poor cub. With no one in sight and no idea what was going on, she had fled the commotion as fast as her little legs would carry her.

"Why are you all alone?" Maeve returned the question curiously, oddly finding their shared orphanhood made her feel immediately close to the young lion. He would know how she felt and likely want a friend as much as she did.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:01 am
Rennekae

Kapua didn't like the sound of Maeve's story, he wasn't sure what happened to her mother but it didn't sound good at all. "I'm sorry maybe we can find her again?" He suggested. It was possible Maeve's mother still lived. He sighed he didn't want to say but she had been brave enough to tell him her story so he would need to gather his own courage and speak. "My mother was killed by hyenas.." His voice was strained with what he was saying it was really hard for him to say. "I snuck out to play and they attacked her in our den.." He tried to hold back his tears but it was hard.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:18 am
Maeve's taffy-pink eyes went wide with fear at her new friend's story. The little leopard couldn't imagine what it must be like for Kapua to know his mother was dead. Had he heard it happen? Or seen it? She would never ask, would never have the nerve to ask even if she wanted to, but the lion cub must be absolutely devastated no matter the situation.

Her heart started thumping in her chest as thoughts that her mother might have met a similar fate spawned in her mind. Maeve had heard terrible, terrible noises, but she had never considered that her mother may have been in a fight. Or that she may have lost. Even knowing that there was nothing she could have done, Maeve was guilt-ridden that she had run when her mother may have needed help. Her eyes welled up with tears, like rose petals floating on a still pond. Tears that dripped from her eyes and soaked into her fur as she came back to the present and blinked several times.

Focusing back on Kapua, she spoke so softly it was almost a whisper. "I'm so sorry, Kapua. We'll stay together and if my mother is... if we find her again, she'll take care of you. I know she will."

Maeve didn't really believe her mother would find them, even she was alive, but she was honestly certain that she would adopt the young lion if she did. Maeve only hoped they could find someone soon who would help them.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:34 am
Rennekae

Kapua nodded and he dried his eyes once again "Thanks Maeve." He said softly. He knew it would be for the best if he found someone to take care of him. They were both just cubs, after all, trying to figure out how to find food would be hard. At least they were not in this alone. "I'm not sure who is keeping an eye on us but I think we are lucky.." He said in a gruff tone. "The rogue land is big, I've traveled a bunch of it with.." He paused as he thought of his mom again "With my mom.." He sighed "So I know.. ya know.. We should try to get a little further away if we are near where you heard the roar.. We don't want to be caught by anyone right now.."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:30 am
Maeve shook her head in that overexaggerated way youngsters often did. "I don't think we're close anymore." A brief pause, and then, "But I still think it's better to keep moving."

She pushed herself to her feet and shook out her pelt, a little sore but otherwise in good shape. Adjusting the green fur to sit better on her neck, she thought back on what little she had managed to learn about survival. Her mother had, of course, been teaching her about how to survive if they were separated. They certainly hadn't gotten as far as they needed for Maeve to be able to make it on her own for very long, but maybe with Kapua around, they would be able to keep themselves going long enough to find help. One of the lessons Maeve remembered most vividly was not to stay in the same place for too long - her mother had always impressed that one upon her. Things are harder to find when they keep changing location. With that in mind, she started forward, with no idea in the world what they were heading toward.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:36 am
Rennekae

Kapua was tired and his paws hurt a lot but he didn't want to stop moving yet "We should go a little further, I don't know about you, but my paws hurt and I'm tired so I think we should go as far as we can and then find somewhere we can hide and sleep. Then we will have to find food and water.. Then maybe we can find an adult that can help us??" He said softly he wasn't sure how Maeve would take it but he didn't want them to die alone here in the rogue lands without an adult there to help them. It would be really hard surviving just the two of them, besides Maeve would need someone of her own kind to teach her stuff.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:59 am
MiddyGlow
I'm not sure if I didn't get tags, or if I saw them, decided to go back to them later, and forgot. But this is one of several roleplays that I did not recall waiting on me.

That being said, I am very sorry, and I hope you're still down to continue this plot. <3

Maeve nodded, noticing as she did so that she felt drowsy. It had been intense and taxing over the last twenty-four hours, and her lack of sleep and food was starting to get her to her. While she knew they were far from safe, Kapua's presence comforted her enough for her body to finally feel the level of exhaustion it had reached.

The little leopardess agreed fully with her new lion friend's plan, even if she wasn't entirely sure how they would carry out parts of it, like acquiring food. But the first step was to find a good - hidden - shelter and sleep, and that they could do, and worry about the rest when they came to it. While Maeve had been taught to sleep in the trees, she knew that lions didn't do the same, so she kept her gaze on the ground and hoped for a cave or large bush the cubs could fit under.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:10 am
(Of course, we can continue. I think I forgot too or I would have reminded you lol)

(I'll tag back soon)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:10 am
Rennekae

Once they found a small cave only big enough for the pair to fit in. Kapua waited for Maeve to get in first he would protect her, he had no one left and fate had brought her into his life and he would protect and honor that bond. For as long as he lived. They were in this together and they would survive together. No matter what it took.  
[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games