Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kells Wolves

Back to Guilds

Tags: wolf, wolves, kells, breedables, Roleplay 

Reply [Location] The River Run
[PRP] Distractions (Ghost Whisper x Mourning Dove)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:07 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ghost, to put it simply, was over the moon.

While it was hard to put her in such a great mood (even as a relatively happy wolf, she wasn’t overtly expressive), at this moment she felt as if she was walking on air.

She was going to have siblings. Yes, she had littermates, but she’d left them early on in adulthood. And as great as they were, there was something distinctly different about experiencing pups as an adult. When you’re a kid and everyone else is a kid, you’re all growing up and learning together. But this time, she’d get to be an influence on her younger siblings, watch them grow and play and become their own beings. And Ghost? Ghost was stoked.

Padding around the pack’s makeshift territory (they still hadn’t quite settled on a formal territory, but she knew her father and Thrush were working on it), Ghost Whisper was all in her own head, musing on the wonders that would happen when Minnow gave birth to her and Willow’s pups, so it wasn’t a surprise that she hadn’t noticed another member of the pack nearby. She was that distracted by the good news.

belloblossom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mourning Dove tended to keep to herself for the most part, staying out of the way of other wolves, unless they were Hunters like herself. Since the passing of her mother, it had taken so much effort to get up and provide for her pack. She often felt as though a weight was pressing down on her back, as though she was trying to move through thick mud that had been heaped on top of her.

Today was one of those days and it had taken her half the morning to get out of the den and now she was just... sitting there. Watching the comings and goings of her pack mates.

I should be hunting. She was telling herself. I'm sure Red Oak or Sambar would be happy to go hunting with me. But what if she slowed them down? What if she messed up a hunt? She wouldn't be able to go to her mother for comfort. She wouldn't be able to go to her mother for anything...

She was looking around slowly, finally getting to her paws. She couldn't just sit around for the entire day. She had to do something, even if it was just walking.

Being ran over was something she could do too, wasn't it? Because when she felt her shoulder collide with another pack member, she rolled right over with a gasp of surprise. She hadn't expected that to come from walking forward.
"I'm sorry!" She said to her fellow pack mate. "I'm so, so sorry! I must've not been looking where I was going. Are you okay?" She asked from the ground, finally identifying Ghost, one of the Protectors of the pack.

Ruler of Everything
Sorry for the late tag! Still totally interested in this roleplay if you are!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:51 pm
Caught entirely by surprise, Ghost Whisper audible said "Oof!" when her shoulder collided with that of another wolf's. She had been so absorbed in her pacing that she hadn't even notice anyone else lurking nearby - how terrible of someone who was supposed to be on constant lookout for the pride!

Immediately, the other wolf - now, Ghost could see it was Mourning Dove, a rather sweet and precious member of the pack-to-be - started profusely apologizing. Ghost shook out her coat, her ears making a funny sound at being flopped around and against her head, and laughed at the she-wolf. "Really, I'm sorry! I totally wasn't paying attention, and I really should have been. I'm... fine, but are you alright?" She hesitated on the word 'fine,' knowing that she was more than fine, she was elated, but she wasn't sure how much this other wolf wanted to hear.

Ghost Whisper could almost feel herself vibrating with excitement, but she decided to quell it. For now. If the other wolf wanted to know why her eyes were dancing in the light, she would ask. If not, Ghost didn't have to talk about it. But of course she wanted to. She really, really wanted to.

belloblossom
Of course, I'd love to continue! <3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:47 pm
Once the initial surprise and distress had faded from the collision, Mourning Dove smiled sheepishly.

"Yes, I'm fine." She replied. "Just... lost in my thoughts, I suppose." She admitted, her gaze moving over Ghost's shoulder, wondering if their crash had scared any potential prey away. Oh well, she suspected even if she had scented something, she wouldn't have gone after it. She was just in one of those tedious moods. Wanting to hunt, but not finding it in her to do so.

When her gaze moved back to Ghost Whisper, she found the she-wolf across from her practically beaming at her. Mourning Dove doubted she could be the cause, but she found herself asking.
"Did...something good happen today?"

Ruler of Everything
I always go to the Swiftfell subforum to find this RP, and then I remember this was started before the pack became official. sweatdrop Sorry again for the late reply!

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:27 pm
At Mourning Dove's explanation of her own, minor carelessness, Ghost Whisper nodded earnestly. Lost in her thoughts felt like an understatement - she was practically bursting with positive energy.

Something on her face must have alerted Mourning Dove to the fact that she had more to say, and Ghost found herself quite grateful for it. She wanted to talk about it, or forget about it, either one was fine by her. Simply enough, she just wanted the jitters to stop!

"Oh, Mourning Dove! You have no idea," she started, practically squealing with excitement. "I don't know who knows about it just yet, but..." Pausing, she waited for excitement to build. "Minnow's pregnant! I'm going to be a big sister!" Ghost's smile was wide and bright - brighter than ever, really - at getting to share the news with someone.

belloblossom
No problem! Getting to it eventually is still getting to it :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:32 pm
At the sudden announcement, Mourning Dove's ears perked up and a smile spread across her face. She didn't know Minnow well, but with the news of new pups on the way, she was more than excited.

"Oh, Ghost, that's wonderful!" She exclaimed. "When did you find out? Will the pups be here soon?" She asked and then paused, lowering her head sheepishly. "I'm sorry-I don't mean to pry." She added apologetically, but Dove's smile remained. "I just get so excited thinking of little paws running around the camp..." She gave a wistful sigh. What she'd give to have some of her own one day..

"You must be thrilled!" She went on. "I've never been a big sister before, but I can imagine that it's very exciting. Or going to be, rather." She amended, since the pups weren't yet there. "How're you feeling about all of it?" Though by the happiness vibrating off of Ghost Whisper, she could guess as much herself.

Ruler of Everything

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:17 pm
Ghost Whisper was pleased to see the news received so well; not very many wolves knew of the incoming pups, but it did make sense that those in the pack would be joyous. After all, their numbers were quite thin. Plus, who didn’t love puppies?!

Oh, oh, Dove, don’t be sorry! I’m so excited. It doesn’t seem like it’ll be too soon, but a few moons or so…” A broad smile was plastered on her face, even as she noted the wistful tone Dove had taken on. She could only guess what that meant, probably some level of loneliness. Ghost felt it too, sometimes. She was grateful to her father for expanding her family. Having left her mother and siblings behind to seek out Willow, it was a relief to know that she would once again be surrounded by familial love.

I can’t wait. I… I don’t know that I’ll ever have puppies, personally — it’s hard to even picture it — but I am really, absolutely thrilled for Willow and Minnow. I hope there’s a whole bunch of them.” Truly, Ghost didn’t know how many pups a wolf could have — her own littermates numbered three — but she was hoping for many. Minnow would be a lovely and doting mother, and Ghost was honestly excited to see it. “It almost makes me want to be a caretaker just so I can be closer to them.” It was an odd thought, her not using her claws to defend the camp, but not an unpleasant one.

belloblossom

[Location] The River Run

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff