[SOLO] The Lost Stories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:25 am
      This is just to log the memories of Forbidden Oath and her reasoning for raising Big Bad.

Wolves involved;
      Forbidden Oath
      Big Bad
      Of Silver (NPC)
      Between Good (NPC)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:46 am
      Fallen Youth - RŮDE

Fur of silver and light, he had entrapped her heart from the moment she opened her eyes. It didn't make sense back then -- it couldn't. He was mesmerizing and captivity in itself, drawing her eyes wherever she went. Her mother warned her of boys like him, but he wasn't a boy. He was an Alpha, and his gaze never met hers. He was always gone, somewhere far away from anyone's reach, and she wanted to explore the world he seemed so lost within.

Growing up was a slow affair. She was constantly asking why, always drawing a thin smile in her mothers mouth. Nothing made sense. She knew the stories and how the world had decayed around them, and yet he was lost in his kingdom of rot. She watched him as she grew, noting the limp in his step and a hollow face reflecting back what he saw in his people. She knew his emotions weren't real, but no one noticed. No one spoke of it, at least.

"Stay away from his type -- they'll break your heart."

Her mother had known from the beginning her infatuation. A wolf of age and dark fur, she was a clever one. She warned her child with every breath, but her daughter saw nothing past her heart. He was the broken Alpha, and she was sure she could mend it all.

As an adult she craved his attention. She trained in her chosen role, excelling in her talent. Children were easy, after all, for she had been one. She never outgrew the memories and stories of her youth. She understood them, and she wondered why not many could. Puppies flourished under her paw and she turned to seek his approval. As he assigned ranks and spoke great praise she found his eyes would meet hers, occasionally. Pride swelled. She was good. She was useful. His green eyes would remind her of the warmth caught in her chest and she'd buckle under that intensity.

She loved him, even if it was a love without reason. Her mother fell and her father perished and she pushed ahead in her grief to fight for the love she knew she could give. He'd look at her, one day. Truly look at her. He'd love her too, she knew. Deep in her chest she knew she could warm his weary and graying heart. She was just a stereotype in most eyes; the young girl who loved the broken boy, but that didn't matter.

It never mattered.

Not even when his eyes begin to notice one with even darker fur than her. Not even when, for the first time, she saw him smile towards a she-wolf of bright blue eyes. The pack gossiped, as one often does.

'Didn't they train together as puppies?'
      'Before the tragedy we were sure they'd be together.'
      'I hope it isn't too late for an heir.'
      'It makes sense, doesn't it?'

It didn't make sense, not to her. She had never seen this she-wolf within his reach, but from the stories she heard they had been close in a time before her birth. In a time where she didn't exist yet. That was her disadvantage -- time. She had come in a world where he had lived an eternity of suffering, and she had no way of going back. She had never seen who he had been before. This she-wolf had.

She continued on with her love, pressing harder and harder to slide into his life and thoughts. His answers were singular and eyes were cold. Her heart ached as it never had before as he kept moving past her. Was this what her mother meant? Was this a breaking heart?

She thought she heard a crack when the elders began mentioning it was time for him to settle down and have a litter before his age finally winded him. It was her chance, though, wasn't it? Could the she-wolf even provide a healthy litter? Wasn't the she-wolf his age, too?

So she found him, unraveling a life time of words before him. The look in his eyes told her the answer before he said it.

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:05 pm
      Little Me - Duumu

"I've already chosen to be with Between Good."

The world had stopped for Forbidden Oath in that moment. Somewhere, she knew her mother had warned her. It wasn't his fault, though. How long had Forbidden kept her secret? How long had she walked in a world where she assumed the universe would make what she perceived fate to happen? There had been the signs -- her age, his lack of warmth, a lifetime of stories she didn't know. Yet, she had just blindly hoped and believed.

She had just trusted the world would unfold for her, and now this was her lesson.

The she-wolf of blue eyes, Between Good, spent her days beside Of Silver, the broken Alpha. Forbidden knew it was for the best, and yet she cursed the innocent little crush that had turned into something else. When had Of Silver become more to her? When did she get so carried away? When did the little girl become a foolish woman?

His steps grew slower as his mate began to grow heavier. His eyes paled as his sight vanished, and for a moment Forbidden Oath wondered if he was finally fully seeing the world he drifted to in her youth. Between Good hid away in a den and the pack prayed. It had been so unlikely she'd conceive, and now both parents were finding it harder and harder to keep up.

Forbidden Oath added her own prayers. As brokenhearted as she was, she wished feverishly for the birth of the children. Her love was, after all, unconditional. If this made Of Silver happy -- if anything made him happy -- then she wanted it to be so.

And it was. A weakened cry of Between Good warned the pack of the arrival of a singular puppy. It didn't surprise anyone she could only birth one son, but the child she did create was a marvelous one; strong and larger than any they had seen in a long time. Of Silver stood at the den, faded eyes absent of any emotion. He left his mates side that night to head into the forest.

He began to wander the pack absently throughout the next few days. He didn't visit his mate again, instead aimlessly vanishing and reappearing within the pack lands. Wolves whispered he had finally lost his reality due to age. Forbidden Oath stayed by Between Good's side, tending to the weak mother as best a Caretaker could.

The pup was named Big Bad, affectionately given to him by the mother and how she'd coo a simple sentence at him; "Who is my big bad boy?" It stuck, despite how Forbidden felt a foulness on her tongue. What kind of cursed name was that for such a blessed child? The future Alpha? When the puppy opened their eyes she felt disappointment he bore bright blue eyes, hoping with all her might they'd shift to green. They never did -- in fact, he resembled his mother more and more with every day. She couldn't find the wolf she loved in the child. Once Of Silver was gone, she'd never see a trace of him again.

Her heart ached again. Big Bad's mother died once her son was able to eat solid foo and Forbidden Oath left the child to other Caretakers. It hurt too much -- he wasn't the memory of Of Silver she had sought out for. Big Bad occasionally sought his father, pleading the lost minded wolf to notice him just once.

Forbidden Oath watched their encounters with a torn heart. Something stirred again, although it wasn't the love she had previously known. It was a new kind, one that felt warm and reassuring. A love that could not be shattered.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:44 pm
      Fire - Queen Bee

"He needs a mother," an elder spat out in frustration. "He won't respect anyone and refuses his training. He'll be a failure like his father at this rate."

The wolves murmured in agreement as they eyed the shell of their Alpha -- Of Silver. The silver wolf laid by the edge of the heart of the pack, head turned towards the darkness of the woods.

"He won't listen to anything I say," the Caretaker assigned to Big Bad wept. "He bit me the other day. Bit me. He's unruly and unmanageable -- of course this is the child they'd leave behind."

Forbidden Oath noted their eyes flicking to look at the large puppy beside Of Silver. Black paws slapped at a silver shoulder as the pup yelled words they couldn't hear from their gathering. It wasn't sympathy she saw; it was grief. Their pack would collapse without an Alpha, despite the generations of struggle to get where they were. They'd lose everything. Everything they went through would be for nothing, and their expectations rested on a child.

A child who shouldn't have that burden.

He was meant to be just that; a child. Training but able to explore their life and freedom without worrying about the gaze of others. He was pushed harder than any pup Forbidden had witnessed. He was blamed for his fathers weakness. He was the sole reason of hope for the pack, and he was just a few moons old.

Perhaps that was where his bitterness came from. His Caretaker held her paw delicately, but Forbidden wondered what she had done to upset the boy. Probably pushed him further than someone his age needed to be. It was their faults for putting their entire future on the shoulders of a puppy who barely could fell a mouse.

How long had the child grieved for his mother without anyone reaching out to him? Without a father who recognized him? Without a friend to understand his worries? How long had he been so alone under the gaze of the pack?

Forbidden Oath found him before she registered her paws were moving, settling behind the boy. Now within earshot his words were clear as day.

"Look at me! Say something! You stupid old man -- why won't you even talk to me?!"

Something welled in the corner of his eyes, but she could make a guess at what it was. The boy pawed desperately at his father, even resorting to nipping. His words held an edge of a whine as he tried with both paws to get Of Silver's attention.

"He doesn't know you're there," Forbidden gently offered. Big Bad whirled around, startled by the sound and realization he wasn't alone. He stepped backwards, glancing up at his father before narrowing his eyes harshly at Forbidden.

"He's not deaf. He can hear me!"
      "We don't know that. He hasn't been able to communicate with us for awhile."

Frustrated blue eyes flicked back to Of Silver, throat caught in a yowl. "He's supposed to be here. He's not gone like mom, he's right here. He's supposed to be here!" The pups voice grew shrill as rose in volume, baring his teeth at Forbidden. "Everyone else has their mom and dad! They won't even talk to me! No one talks to me! You all expect me to be as strong as you and get mad when I fall down. You all act like I'm some plague. He's supposed to be here! Why am I the only one left out?!"

Rage bubbled behind a shrill and young voice. Forbidden felt her chest pull, ears flattening. He was right, and she knew he was. Justified, even. How many times had she watched the older wolves practically beat into him how to fight and hunt when he was supposed to stay in the heart lands like the other puppies? How many times had she heard them put their expectations on him?

And what of her? She wasn't innocent in this. She had ignored him the moment his mother died. Left him to figure his own life out. He had to be assigned to someone. It had been joyous at first, but the moment they realized his defiance he had become the heir they never wanted. He had become the failure of the pack, and she had ignored the puppy in her own grief.

Not anymore.

"It's unfair, isn't it?" She answered softly, inching closer. "It's tiring, being what everyone wants you to be when you don't even know what you want. You came into the world with all these expectations and none of your own. You're right; he's supposed to be here, but he isn't. He hasn't been for a long time."

Her eyes flicked up to the silver wolf, a small smile on her face. He was gone, and had been before the birth of his son. He always had one step in somewhere else. She looked down at the pup, who had resorted to quietly glaring at the ground. For a moment, there was silence, and then he managed a soft sob.

"Everyone is gone," he choked out, deflating into himself. "They won't even look at me anymore. I'm just their problem. I'm not my dad, and I'll never be. I'm alone."

His words stayed in the air, lingering long past when first spoken. Forbidden Oath rose, padding up to the sobbing pup before gently curling around him, resting her head beside him. "You're right, you aren't your dad. But that's a good thing. We don't need the same two wolves, do we? You're your own you, and I am eager to meet who that is."

She paused as the pup shook his head between cries, his eyes flashing open to glower at her. "I've heard what you all say. I was born for one reason and I can't even do that. I don't even know what you want from me! I don't know how to be him!" His head snapped to look at Of Silver, a strangled and angry cry escaping him. Forbidden Oath listened intently, glancing at the gathering far from them.

"Then I'll stay by your side," she offered. He shook his head, about to shout once more before she cut him off. "I will be here and if you ever want to leave we will. We'll just go. You can be whoever you want to be and we will find a new home. Together."

His mouth snapped shut, wet eyes looking up at her with a confusion she could almost feel radiate off him. "Leave?" He echoed, voice tiny and perhaps hopeful.

"Leave, yes. If this becomes a place you truly can't feel at home in we will leave. Just tell me when." His head turned to look at the wolves ahead of them, ears flattening as he looked back at her. "They won't ever find out, I promise. It'll be our secret; our way out, okay?"

There was silence as the young boy considered his options. His eyes trailed from his father to her and then the wolves, looping back to land on her. Forbidden noted his blue eyes brighten, as if a veil had been lifted.

"Who are you?" He croaked, voice shuddering from his previous wails. Forbidden Oath smiled fondly at the boy, reaching to press her cheek against his.

"I am Forbidden Oath, and I will be your new Caretaker."

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

[Pack] The Crows (Redwoods)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas