Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[SRP] After All This Time (Mazin x Kaishori)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Things had been so chaotic, so odd lately. The heavens had been in such disarray, and he had worried constantly about those who had gone off on the foray. But, they had returned, mostly safe, and he had been relieved. Mostly because there was one among them that was dear to him. One among them that he had confirmed her presence in the pride just before their departure. He had been searching for his dear sister for so long, and to only officially find out she was, in fact, here, just hours before she left for weeks into danger.

It had been maddening, and made Mazin sick to think about what she could be doing out there, what dangers she could be facing. He still had the image of his soft-delicate baby sister running through his mind and it scared him to death thinking about her being in danger. But now, he knew they’d been back for some time now, and he had asked everyone he could if she had returned with the group. Finally, he’d found out that she made it back safely, and that she even had been promoted. From there, he’d kept trying to find a way to see her, to finally reunite with his long lost sibling after so long.

And today was going to be the day.

He knew where she was going to be. He knew when she’d be there. He just had to get there and find her in time. He wouldn’t let himself miss her again. At least this time, he knew she wasn’t going anywhere. This had been her home, and he knew she had no intentions of leaving. So, if he failed today, there would be another chance. But he couldn’t wait any longer.

He padded off towards the side of the Barracks he knew she stayed. It was barely dawn now, and he knew she rose early to get a start on the day. He was nervous, but he’d wait for as long as was necessary to see her again. He found a spot near the main entrance; it was in plain view, but not in a blocking area. It was quiet, but he could hear a few lions stirring from inside, and a few slowly made their way outside with large yawns and slow paces. His eyes were locked. Normally, he’d still be asleep, but he had been too anxious to really sleep much the night before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
(( rank is Sentinel ))

All Kaishori could tell is that it was dark. And early. A bit too early for her today. But, she knew she needed to get up. Her eyes were slits, but she squeezed them shut, rolling from her side onto her back, paws outstretched and claws extended. Her face made a silent yawn - after all her time sharing the barracks, she had learned not to disturb anyone else before they wished to be awoken. Her smaller frame had allowed her a little extra sleeping space, and she had collected a nice little pile of rabbit furs to rest her head on. She was glad that she had enough trust in her comrades to be able to leave them every day she went out for duties. It was one of the few comforts she allowed herself, but it was definitely what helped her get through her duties some days.

Today, she didn’t have too many duties. But, she still needed to get an early start. She wanted to check in with her team and get any updates. Slowly, she rolled onto her belly, her eyes focused but still squinted. She rose up slowly, stretching the muscles in her legs as she did. Her eyes had opened more, and she felt ready to embrace the sunlight. Kaishori padded around the still sleeping bodies of her comrades, careful not to accidentally budge any of them as she made her way to the main entrance. The sun was pale and light, and it made the entrance glow lightly. She made her way out, pausing in the doorway to give her eyes a moment to fully adjust to the light. She looked around, taking in the quieter surroundings just outside the barracks.

And that’s when she saw him.

It made her freeze, and her heart jump into her throat. Was it a mirage? Was she still in a dream? That all-so-familiar red figure couldn’t be standing just yards away from her. Kaishori was frozen in her tracks, waiting for whatever cruel dream this was to disappear.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:26 am
Mazin felt like he had been waiting for an eternity. Every time he saw a shadow or a paw step out from the entrance, his heart leapt into his throat, hoping it was her. But every time, a letdown. The sky had gone from mostly dark to pinkish as the sun crept over the horizon. He let himself be distracted by it for a few moments before his eyes moved back to the entrance.

And then, it was there. Those small delicate paws with dark red toes. The spotting that matched his own. His eyes widened as they followed the familiar shape, until his eyes met her bright yellow ones. She was staring right at him. She saw him. There was no mistaking it.

Rising from his seated position, Mazin’s eyes were locked onto hers. She wasn’t moving. Was that a good sign? Or a bad one? She wasn’t running away, so perhaps there was hope that it was a good sign.

He took a cautious step from where he had been seated. “Kai?” His brow was nervously furrowed, his eyes hopeful but desperate. He took another step, but didn’t want to move too fast and frighten her before they’d even had a chance to speak.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:41 am

She didn’t know what to think. How could this be? She didn’t even know if she was breathing, but she couldn’t avert her eyes. There he was, the last loving figure she had ever had in her life. Mazin. She hadn’t seen him since she was such a young lioness, just barely old enough to hunt on her own. And here he was. Moving towards her. He couldn’t be a dream, right? She was standing there, awake, right?

Feeling a knock at her shoulder, she snapped out of her daze. “Oh, sorry.” She mumbled to another member trying to exit the barracks, her eyes dropping as she did. Her ears swiveled up, frozen as she heard a nickname that she hadn’t heard in so many years.

“It can’t be true.” Kaishori slowly raised her head, her eyes looked pained. After all this time, she desperately didn’t want for this to be a cruel joke. She moved out from the doorway, but didn’t approach much further, unsure of how to react to such a sudden appearance.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:16 am

“It’s me, Kai. I’m here. I’m really here.” Mazin took another step. And then another. He was cautious, but he couldn’t stand it. He wanted nothing more than to run to his sister and press his head against hers. The last time they had seen each other had been during such a tragedy - when they’d lost their parents and their brother. The girl he’d last seen was in pieces, so fragile and delicate. The lioness in front of him - though startled, was strong and imposing.

He kept taking slow steps until he was right in front of her. “I….it’s really you.” He resisted leaning in to touch her. He wasn’t sure if she’d hate him after everything that happened. It wasn’t any of their faults, but…it had been a tough time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:24 am

“Mazin…” Kaishori looked up at her brother, studying his face. Time had worn him some, and there were scars that were never there before. Time had changed so much, and she had shoved her past and her family so far away that it all seemed like a dream. Or a nightmare.

“How...did you find me here?” Her eyes moved across his body, across familiar paws and fur. She hadn’t been hiding from him necessarily, but after everything that had happened, she hadn’t ever been expecting to see him again. Especially since her new home had been so much that Mazin wasn’t. But perhaps, he’d changed. After all, she had.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:57 am

“Kai, I...I followed whispers and rumors for years. I can’t believe I finally…” Mazin paused as another soldier exited the barracks. “I can’t believe I finally found you.” His eyes studied his small sister, with her apparent battle scars that weren’t there before. She’d had to go through the same process that he had to get in here - and she’d been here much longer. It was hard to believe that she’d come to such a rough pride, but even he’d found some comfort in it.

“I guess we’ve both changed some, huh.” He lifted his paw for a moment, wanting to reach out to her. Ultimately, though, he lowered it back to the ground. “Are you...are you busy today? Could we...perhaps, catch up for a little while?” He was desperate to hear about her life, to find out who she was now, but he didn’t want to push. Besides, she might be busy today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:12 am

“All this time?” Kaishori’s eyes made their way back to his. It was so surreal, and part of her felt guilt for not trying to find him the way she had tried to find her. But for so long, she wasn’t sure that he’d even want to find her. Things had gotten so mixed up back then, Kaishori hadn’t known up from down.

“I guess we have.” She allowed herself a laugh, and even gently pressed her head against his chest. She had missed the comfort of an actual family. Of course, her new home had become her family, but there was something different about blood that you had grown up with. He had been such a figure in her life from when she was young, and to have him come back now...it pulled at the weakest spot in her heart. She’d become so much stronger since then, but it seemed like Mazin had, too.

“Yeah, um...I don’t have anything too urgent. We should catch up.” She managed a small smile, looking up at him. She wanted to know what he’d been through finding his way here. Everyone he’s met, all of the adventures he’d been on. She also wanted to know what he’d thought of this place - her home. She hoped he liked it and wasn’t just passing through. Because as much as she loved her brother, she wasn’t planning on leaving.

“Let’s take a nice walk, like we used to.” She took a few steps, leading away from the barracks. She hated that things felt different now - she wanted to mend the time that had been lost and get her brother back.

Polette
Crew

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:16 am

“I couldn’t rest until I made sure you were safe - happy.” They had both been broken the last time they’d seen each other. He didn’t regret his journey, and he was feeling relieved that she didn’t want to run away - that she didn’t hate him for not saving their family. “You have no idea how much this means to me.” Mazin smiled, turning to head away from the barracks with his sister.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:19 am

“Where do I even start.” Kaishori trailed off as they walked slowly. There were some grisly details she didn’t care to touch on, but there was still so much time to make up. But now that he’d found her, they had all the time in the world to mend the pieces of their family back together.

Polette
Crew

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces