Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:08 pm
Dear Mum,
I suppose you've already heard from the Weyr - I think they let family know these things if they can't attend Hatchings - but, well, I'm no longer a High Reaches Weyr candidate. I've been transferred to Western Weyr for the foreseeable future. I know this means I'll be farther away, but as they say, nothing is more than eight breaths away by dragon. In about a turn, I'll be able to let you know whether that's true or not because, well, I Impressed a dragon.

Neuwith is a vibrant green with wings that almost seem to sparkle. She has the most beautiful mottled markings anyone could imagine and she's just about perfect. And she's so fast. You have no idea! She's into everything (right now she's trying to see if ink tastes good - it does not!) and always wants to know more about people and the world. She is also a really enthusiastic climber, which is kind of unexpected, since she'll eventually be able to fly, but I think that just shows how remarkable she is, that she's not willing to wait until she can fly to explore the heights.

I'm really, really happy, Mum. And I hope hearing that makes you happy a little. I know it's hard to be happy, and maybe I should feel bad about being happy after what happened to my father, but I can't help it. Neuwith is just...I really can't even describe it, and it's so new I keep unearthing new instances of how perfectly suited we are. Someday I really want you to meet her. I think you'll find her a little tiring, but also really delightful.

Speaking of tiring, I am so tired. The Hatching was late at night, and then there was the feast, and I'm writing this before bed and I'm so, so tired. This was my first opportunity to write to you, though, and I wanted to do it as close to right away as possible. If you want, I can write more later, with more details. Let me know, please?

I really look forward to hearing from you, and I love you so, so, so much.

Your daughter,
Taibbi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:22 pm
Dear Mum,
I feel a little guilty for saying this, but I think I am happier at Western Weyr than I ever was at High Reaches. The people here are so different in the way they think about dragons. It isn't nearly as important to have a dragon with a metallic hide here as it was at High Reaches, and I'm so glad, particularly for Neuwith's sake. She's too wonderful to have some jerk make her feel inferior just because her hide doesn't glitter. It's also a lot warmer, which means I sweat more, which is gross, but I like not being cold every time I step outside. I think you would like that, too. And all the sun.

Lessons for weyrlings are sometimes a lot harder than the ones for candidates, but sometimes they're easier. At least we spend less time cleaning the necessary, which is a relief. Unless we're on punishment, of course, but I haven't been on punishment, I've just heard it's something you can be told to do if you are on punishment. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with parts of the lessons. Geography, for instance, is really hard and I don't see why I need to be able to read a map when dragons can go between, but that's not up to me.

I'm enjoying getting to put some of the things I learned as a candidate about looking after young dragons into practice, but not everything I was taught is holding true. Neuwith is still very much into climbing. Sometimes I think she can turn her talons backward. No one ever mentioned that a dragonet might be a climber. Sometimes when I come back from the baths, I can't find her, and then I look up and she's somehow gotten into a top bunk. It's very smart of her.

Neuwith says she's looking forward to being old enough to fly with a rider so that we can visit you. She thinks you must be just about the best person in the world (and she's right!). It would mean a lot to her (and me) if maybe you could write even a quick little note saying hello. If you're feeling up to it.

I love you so, so much, and I hope reading this makes you feel a little bit less unhappy.

Your daughter,
Taibbi

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:21 pm
Dear Mum,
Neuwith is getting so much bigger. You can really see the way her wings almost sparkle now. I wish you could see her. Soon, I hope!

There's a hatching going on at High Reaches. Word just went out that it's started, so folks around here are all hustling to get there, even though it'll soon be midnight. The candidates that swap have been there for about a sevenday already, but since High Reaches is ahead of us, I bet they're completely exhausted.

Neuwith and I can't go to this hatching for much the same reason we can't come visit you: we haven't learned to go between yet! But we will. And then we'll come visit you, if you want. Neuwith really wants to meet you and you know I miss you, even though there's a lot here to keep me busy. I really, really do miss you.

Anyway, I love you whole huge heaps and I hope you've had a good day today.

Your daughter,
Taibbi

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces