Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] How to say Thank You (Jaiyce and Vosin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:46 pm
Finally! A Free Day! Jaiyce almost couldn’t believe that he actually had most of a day to be left to his own devices. It had been a slog since he arrived at Western and much had happened to, and around, him. There was the Thread Fall, Clutching, and the Touching. He winced a bit as his thoughts brought him back to the Touching. He’d been so foolish to let the blue and purple painted egg startle him. Ruefully he shook his head. Then he paused, looked around, and asked for directions once more. All these halls looked familiar, there were tricks to telling things apart, but being a new candidate and- well himself- he’d not exactly been left on his own to wander and figure these things out.

Which brought him full circle to the purpose he’d ascribed to this Free Day- to go and visit Vosin, and Killakeeth on the hatchings sands. He didn’t know either well or much yet- but one of them was sure to be going a bit stir crazy from the time spent indoors and off duty. That said he’d spent some time thinking about what he could do for Vosin and Killakeeth for the way they’d helped him get this second chance. Also, to be blunt, he was missing them. Well Vosin especially. He bit the edge of his lip in an unconscious gesture as he paused before the entrance to the Hatching Sands. He’d covered a lot in training about what to do here when the Hatching was happening, but for just a visit he wasn’t entirely sure. So he took a deep breath, made sure he had a secure hold on the bag half hidden behind him, stepped in and called a gentle “Hullo? Vosin? Killakeeth?....Its Jaiyce, I...I was hoping to visit…..” he trailed off.

Magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:17 pm
Milady Emerald

Killakeeth was tending her eggs. The gold was tenderly crooning to them as she tested their hardness and gently turned the ones that needed it. Vosin leaned on the lowest tier stands. She was utterly bored. This was the most tedious part. The candidates were on pins and needles waiting for the big moment. She sighed softly.

The gold lifted her head from her muzzle as a voice sounded from the entrance. She recognized him as the candidate who'd bumped into one of her eggs. Vosin you have a visitor. Come in Jaiyce, Vosin is up in the stands. You may join her. The red-headed woman straightened up. "Jaiyce. Welcome. Come on up."

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:31 pm
Jaiyce bit his lip a lil harder at hearing Killakeeths' Voice. He may have misunderstood her message during the Touching.......but there was nothing for it now. "Thank you Killakeeth" he said as he stepped in and bowed to her, nearly spilling the bag over his back as he bowed low.

With a shrug and a mental shake he headed up the ranks of tiered stands.
It took him a moment or two because of the bag he was attempting to keep hidden, albiet poorly. He was handling the climb better and had gotten a bit more of his athletic physique back.

"Heya Vosin! Lovely to see you! I hope you've been well...." He carefully searched her face for signs of strain, and saw only boredom thus far. "I'd ask how you've been but I imagine its been a long slow build here with Killakeeth right?" He searched for things to say.....and thought he wasn't doing a bad job.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:06 pm
Milady Emerald

She rumbled gently at him then turned back to her eggs since he was mainly here to see her rider rather than her or her eggs. Killakeeth did enjoy seeing the candidates peeking in.

Vosin smiled. She could see he was trying to hide something, but said nothing about it. Let him keep his surprise as long as he wanted. "Hey Jaiyce. It's been dull mostly. Nothing like watching eggs harden to drive one stir crazy," she laughed.

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 pm
Jaiyce couldn't help but peek at the eggs. There was an awful lot of hurly burly about them in the Barracks. But he certainly wasn't going to down to the sands to bother them.

Turning his attention back to Vosin he smiled apologetically to her. " Yikes, I can only imagine thats been tough for you. But Im glad I finally got a free day to come see you! And I brought some things for you....." He paused and let the bag sling off his shoulder and set it gently down on the ground. With a hesitant smile he opened it and the first thing he brought out off the top was a medium ceramic dish, with a wonderful smell leaking from it- something sweet and spicy. He pulled that out and let the cover fall on the bag again and stood with the dish.

"I managed to make friends with one of the cooks who allowed me some free time in the kitchen in exchange for helping with some extra chores. And I made you this." He lifted the lid off the dish and inside were berries, sitting in some sort of spiced sauce... that smelled perfectly tempting." He handled the container gently as it was still warm and he set it down on a tier, reaching back into the bag and pulled out a bowl he uncovered to reveal some soft light scones. " Would you care to enjoy the desert I made for you Vosin?" He set the bowl down and pulled out a small trencher and looked at her expectantly.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 pm
Milady Emerald

"Impressive aren't they?" She'd noticed him looking at the eggs. Vosin knew when she'd been a candidate she'd always loved to come peek at the eggs and image which one held her dragon. Thankfully for the candidates, Killakeeth wasn't aggressive with her eggs and they could come and look all they wanted as long as they were respectful.

"It's dull, and I can still help around the weyr a little bit." The little chores she did kept her from going completely crazy. "It won't be long now," she murmured slightly to herself. Her attention was diverted by the mention of things. She watched him with a curious smile.

Her nose twitched from the delicious smells leaking from under the ceramic dish. "Hahahha did you? They are a good friend to have," Vosin winked knowingly. "Oooooo it almost looks too pretty eat, but it smells too good not to!" She leaned a hip on the barrier and eagerly waited for him to dish it up. He'd made it, so it was his right. I see your young man has brought you food, just like mine has. She glanced towards Killakeeth who was looking at them with green eyes. Vos snorted with amusement.

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:56 pm
magnadearel

He sneaked a look at Vosin as she murmered to herself, he couldn't help it the woman was damned attractive. That curious smile of hers was almost heart melting. But of course he quickly turned his attentions to the food to prevent Vosin from seeing too much. "The Eggs are indeed impressive, Killakeeth and Teth did an amazing job!"

"Cooks are good friends to have indeed!" His silver eyes twinkled in response to her wink and again he glanced away quickly turning the dish for a moment so its plating was best presented to Vosin- and then he carefully plucked out a scone, still warm enough to steam as he split it, and another- Then artfully spilled some of the berries and sauce over it and smiled what he hoped was winningly as he handed it up at her. "Here you are!". He missed her snort of amusement as he passed the plate to her.

For some reason it felt to him like he'd lost some of his suave skills when he left RiverCrest and for some reason they simply didn't work around Vosin, she smiled and he was done for. " I hope you don't mind my dishing up myself a plate?" He asked jovially and hurried to do so. The berries were sautaed and massurated so as to melt in your mouth and soak into the scones. Their was some kind of kick of spice (something like a touch of cayanne pepper) to highlight the sweetness. "Enjoy please!!" he urged.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:50 pm
Milady Emerald

"They did the weyr right for sure." One up in High Reaches eye! "So what was your impressions of them?" She grinned at Jaiyce. It was interesting to see what the candidates thoughts on the eggs were. She was also looking forward to seeing the hatching, as everyone in the weyr was.

Her green eyes watched him plate it up eagerly. If it tasted half as good as it smelled...... Vosin had no doubt that it did, she was going to be in heaven shortly. "Thanks!" She accepted and took a moment, a short moment, to admire how pretty it looked before taking a bite. Vosin simply closed her eyes as the flavors hit her tongue. If this was how he cooked normally, she'd never want to share him.

"Of course not," she said when her mouth was clear. "I'd be as fat as Killakeeth if I ate this all by myself." She laughed. No matter what she said to the gold about her weight, it never bothered the dragon. "This was a great pep up. Thanks Jaiyce!" The rider settled in to devour her treat. Killakeeth hummed her approval.

magnadearel

Milady Emerald

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:13 pm
Pausing in his dishing it up he watched Vosin take that first bite. It was a guilty pleasure of his, watching peoples faces as they tasted his food. It gave him a confidence boost, and it was an unabashed reaction that most people couldn't fake so he felt it was honest. And the way Vosin closed her eyes as she tasted it had him thinking back to their first night together.........but before she could catch him looking he quickly turned back and made himself a plate before settling down on a tier seat to enjoy the treat he'd made for them to share.

He kept sneaking looks at Vosin when he thought she'd not notice. Of course he couldn't hide this behaviour from Killakeeth- but he thought perhaps she'd be too busy with her babies to notice. That said though he kept his looks within acceptable parameters and didn't go all mopey sappy mournful or anything like that. Honestly that wasn't his style.... though he didn't really know what was his style, ever since......... Jaiyce had found himself paused with a forkful half way to his mouth staring into space and had to give himself a visible shake to pull himself out of that particular downward spiral. HE gave Vosin a sheepish grin. "Well I don't have much to talk about myself even thought I've been the opposite of bored. Some nights I wonder that I make it to bunks before falling asleep!  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games