Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm
We've Come so Far
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Glacier Night Biome Mutant Regular by Manda
White Ermine Moth (Wingless) Mutant Pixie by Pandora Talie
Pundamilia Nyererei Cichlid Koi by Odet Amo
Zebra Obliquidens Cichlid Koi by Odet Amo

Start: 07/08/19 @ 12:00 AM EST
End: 7/12/19 @ 11:59 PM EST

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:03 am
Objective
In a time where massive change is on the horizon, tell my friends, and I a grand tale of how things came to be. How did we get to where we are now?

1. Find a picture of your choice. It can be anything so long as it’s nature related. It can be based from scenery, animals, weather, etc. Fantasy or Realistic is okay.
  2. Tell me how the contents of the image came to be. It can be based in fact, fiction, and/or a mix of everything. Be as creative as you want.
  3. Myself, and one other individual will then go through and pick our favorites!

Rules

1. You may only win 1 Soquili Freebie and 1 Familiar Freebie from this event.
  2. Your entry must be original in your own words.
  3. No late entries accepted.
  4. If you’ve won a Soquili Freebie already you may still enter for your Familiar Freebie.
  5. If you’ve won a Familiar Freebie already you may still enter for you Soquili Freebie.
  6. If you win elsewhere, please void your entry.
  7. As this is a judged contest Staff are ineligible to enter.
  8. If you have any questions, or concerns, feel free to PM Nayci.

Form

[color=green][b]Times are Changin![/b][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Prize Choices:[/b]
[b]Image:[/b]
[spoiler](All images MUST be in this spoiler to prevent page stretching/long loading times)[/spoiler]
[b]Story:[/b]

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Times are Changin!
Username: Melomar
Prize Choices: Pundamilia Nyererei Cichlid Koi, Zebra Obliquidens Cichlid Koi
Image:

Story: Once upon a time, there was a rock band named Tesla, and they sang about how time Changes you and me, using profound lyrics and instrumental emotion.

Even as that music played a terrible storm brewed. White and cottony, clouds began to gather. The cheerful blue sky darkened ominously and the crowd became a mob. Wind whipped past sturdy objects and ruffled flimsy ones. Icy and sharp, raindrops became sheets of cutting water. Finally the preview was over and the darkening clouds, now tall and dark in their rage, spun to earth their deadly payload.

Time lost all meaning. But changes came fiercely and without mercy.

The hand of fate called forth a bolt of lightning. It connected the earth to the heavens. Here the bruised and battered sky glistened with the late afternoon sunlight peeking in and spread out in molten oranges and pinks. The clouds glowered in their deep greys and steely purples, but blushing the betrayal by chilled air below. The strand of plasma streaked ever upward, connecting the fate of two mortified clouds, until it bowed before the sun's glory, a rainbow.

On the ground lay evidence of another betrayal in the body of a splintered tree. Cones scattered the fir's hope for a better future in its dying dreams. Displaced in the log's deepening shadow were a raccoon, several chipmunks, and a flock of birds, left to find a new, safe home.

As daylight waned, the sky changed its robes from sunfire to twilight.

Please disregard, I've won my freebie pony and familiar for the event.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:38 pm
Times are Changin!
Username: Niyaru Delacroix
Prize Choices: White Ermine Moth, Pundamilia Nyererei Cichlid
Image:

Story:
The land was once inhabited by a special kind of race, a race of cat people. The best way to describe them is your average cat only they walk on two legs instead of all fours. Their home was gorgeous, full of a variety of colors and various buildings. The land was full of lush flowers, trees, vegetables and greenery all leading up to the volcano at the top of the hill. The race prayed and offered various treasures to the volcano in exchanged for their safety.

Their slice of heaven turned out to be temporary. The race had existed peacefully with the volcano for decades. But as the saying goes; it only takes one bad apple to ruin the bunch. There was one teen that didn't believe in the volcano and their rituals. He decided to stop obeying his parents and stop offering to the volcano. It was only a matter of time before the volcano became angry that not everyone was worshiping it.

One day during the cherry blossom season the volcano decided that it had enough. It didn't matter than everyone else was leaving offerings and saying their prayers. The volcano was greedy and wanted everyone to do it. The anger finally boiled over without warning. The race had no where to go or no way to save themselves. The entire race was wiped out in the blink of an eye.

The volcano felt better after the explosion but it was short term. It realized what it had done when the offerings stopped coming all together and there were no longer any words uttered by anyone. The volcano was completely alone except for a lone cherry blossom tree sitting on the edge of a raised cliff. All the volcano could hope for is that there would be another race to come to exist at some point. In the mean time the volcano decided to take a long nap until the day comes that life comes to exist again.  

Niyaru Delacroix
Crew

Anxious Kitten

16,950 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:19 pm
Times are Changin!
Username: Rein_Carnation
Prize Choices: Pundamilia Nyererei Cichlid , Zebra Obliquidens Cichlid
Image:
User Image

Story:

Once upon a time, there lived two creations, one born of the sky, the other of Earth. Each day these beings would pause, transfixed by the other wondering what caused each other's beauty. Within the sky a lovely moon would always shine down when the Earth grew dark, smiling upon the other which was a lone tree settled upon an ocean island who bloomed at night. It was a simple tree yet it grew quite proud knowing the light of the moon would always illuminate its path when the darkness came.

But, those nights grew dim when the storms raged across the ocean, for they grew jealous of the tree who glowed from the moon. Visciously for days the winds and salt water would tear at the tree causing it to shiver, wishing for that light from the Moon that never came. Nearly giving up hope, the tree began to wilt, its leaves and branches growing without purpose.

Then, one night the light returned causing the tree to look upward at the softness of the moon. The tree was ashamed for its beauty had been lost to the greediness of the storms. Looking downward it felt as if the moon would see nothing but misery, its beauty gone.

But, that was not the case...

The moon lowered itself till it nearly touched the tree and smiled a warm "Hello" across the calm ocean. The tree radiated from the moon's glow soaking in the warmth. Then something magical happened as the tree began glowing itself. Leaves detached from the branches, swirling upwards into the softness of the breeze, carrying onward.

It's rumored that those leaves carried on for ages till they found the ground in which they would grow, creating forests that would give life and protection under the warmth of the moon and eventually the brilliance of the sun.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:44 am
Times are Changin!
Username: Fayt_of_Redemption
Prize Choices: Glacier Night Biome, White Ermine Moth, Pundamilia Nyererei Cichlid, Zebra Obliquidens Cichlid
Image:

User Image

Story: "We've come so far. Or...have we fallen so far? Take a look up at the sky some night and you may see playing among the stars those who we failed to save. They asked for our help, but we failed them and they were driven from their home. They escaped to the stars, finding eternal solace there. These are the lost ones, and they stand as a reminder that the only thing that stays the same, is change. The foolish ones refused to acknowledge the plight of these fragile souls, and in their callousness, sealed their fate. Heed my words young fillies and colts, lest we drive away more. And one day, maybe even you yourself."

These words were spoken long ago by a wise old Soquili, who had witnessed many things. Those who heard it, took it to heart and repeated his sayings to others. Gradually the inhabitants of the land began to come together to try and save all that remained. And every year, a festival is held after dark to remember the lost ones and the words of the wise old Soquili. In this way, generation after generation keep these sayings in their hearts. And maybe...just maybe, there will never be a lost one again.

====================

***Won my freebie Soq, only eligible for the fams now.***  

Fayt_of_Redemption

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:21 pm
Times are Changin!
Username: dawns_aura
Prize Choices: Pundamilia Nyererei Cichlid, Zebra Obliquidens Cichlid
Image:
User Image

Story:
In a place of mist and magic, the moonlight shines down to illuminate a peaceful pond.
Swans with wings outstretched land softly, the smallest of ripples forming before spreading out. Small waves reaching the lotus at the water's edge, upsetting their amphibious occupants into jumping off, to seek refuge in the cool pondy depths.

A perfect night. As every night before. The moon waxes and wanes. Seasons change and times passes. The only change here is that there is no change here....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:33 pm
Times are Changin!
Username: Geyser Eelborn
Prize Choices: White Ermine Moth, Pundamilia Nyererei Cichlid, Glacier Night Biome, Zebra Obliquidens Cichlid
Image:

Story:

Wolf and Hawk would talk sometimes, when Hawk's daytime flights and Wolf's nighttime ramblings let them. Perched in the boughs of a bristlecone pine, Hawk would tell stories to Wolf, and curled up in the roots of that tree, Wolf would listen and tell stories in return. They were stories about their lives; their wives at home, their chicks and their cubs, the light of the moon or the warmth of the sun. They were simple stories, nothing exciting, just plain stories to pass the time with a friend.

One day there was a great storm that swept through the mountains, howling and crying. Curled up in his den, Wolf only heard the storm as it raced through the rocks and the trees. The next time they met, Hawk was exhilarated. "The storm was savage, Wolf. You should have felt it! It was frightening, but the wind, the way it carried me through the air...it was something else."

Wolf frowned, not sure he understood. "It sounds like it was quite scary. My cubs thought it was a bigger wolf pack come to chase us out of our territory."

Hawk shook his head. "Oh, no, it was definitely intimidating. One of my chicks is even more anxious about flying than she was before. But riding the storm...it wasn't just frightening, it was...awe-inspiring, and thrilling, and made me feel alive, even as I was scared..." He struggled for words. "I wish I could explain how it felt," he said at last. "But it's so hard to explain. First you would have to know how it feels to fly..."

Wolf chuckled. "Well, that won't happen any time soon. I am a wolf--I walk through the world, I do not fly through it."

That gave Hawk an idea. He went to Ant, the great earth-mover, and Ground Squirrel, and even Tortoise, and each of them agreed to help them, for Hawk was a good friend to those in need. When the task was complete, he brought Wolf to the place they had made.

Here Hawk and Ant and Ground Squirrel and Tortoise had captured the wind in the sand and the earth; every eddy and current appeared as a band in the rock, and the way the passages twisted and turned showed the path of Hawk's flight through that great storm. "I could not bring you up into the sky to feel the winds," Hawk said. "But I could create the storm in stone, so you could walk the path and know how it feels."

Wolf nodded and walked through the canyon his friends had made. Hawk followed him through the narrow passages. At last, Wolf stopped and nodded. "I think I know what you mean. The awe, the beauty, and the movement..." He smiled. "Thank you, Hawk. Thank you for bringing the winds of the high sky to the earth.

Hawk smiled in return. "Anything for a friend," he said.  

Geyser Eelborn
Crew

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 pm
Times are Changin!
Username: Inari Miko
Prize Choices: White Ermine Moth, Pundamila Cichlid, Zebra Cichlid, re-roll
Image:
User Image

Story:
Long ago, when the world was still young, and the trees and plants formed from the fur and feathers from the Great Mother Goddess' body, with her bones forming the very earth we walk upon, there was still darkness at night. The lantern that guides us at night was not nearly as bright then as it is now. It shone alone in the sky, with no stars to keep it company. Our ancestors wished to continue to guide their people long after they'd returned to the Great Mother Goddess who gave them life, and their prayers were answered. Their souls became the first stars in the sky, watching over us.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:33 am
Thank you so much for your entries! It was hard to pick winners as you all did AMAZING! I really enjoyed reading them. I did compare our winners list to the winners. Please let me know if you've already won your familiar freebie/soquili freebie. Congrats everyone~

First place: Fayt_of_Redemption
Fayt_of_Redemption

Second place: Rein_Carnation
Rein_Carnation

Third place: Inari Miko
Inari Miko

Fourth place: Geyser Eelborn
Geyser Eelborn

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:45 am
I didn't have a familiar, just a Soq. Thank you heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:50 am
This would be my free soquili, thank you!  

Geyser Eelborn
Crew

Sergeant Hellraiser

24,625 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Dragon Master 50

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:52 am
-happy screaming-
I have not won a free Soq yet, so this is just awesome! Thank you so much! emotion_kirakira  
Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games