Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shia bean
Vice Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:23 pm
Beneath the cool light of a new moon, Violet had readied himself for the great communion. Her spirit, that of the mountain Mother, was never far from his heart nor shy with her requests... sending what he believed to be winds that ruffled his coat during moments of poignancy, and calling upon the birds to sing their melancholy songs in the great distances between himself and the land giants… it had been a fortnight since he had last sent prayer. And it had been three months since he had stepped foot in the snowy vastness of his true mountainous home.

By way of coincidences, to close calls, and finally to the evening at hand… Violet Stag had spent all the time he could with the lowland populace and tonight, he would hear the call home.

He was sure of it.

Temperatures had rivaled the company he kept throughout those three months, leading him some ways astray from his truth. As the forest provided much of what he had been hungering for, it also provided more than what he had anticipated. There was a balance in all things, the grass was not always greener on the other side, and Violet Stag knew that his time beneath the evergreen canopies would be short lived.

Throughout his pious muttering’s, distractions were prevalent… tests brought on by that same Mother who tended to him, as was her righteous way… but Violet gave them little heed. Well versed in his practice of tuning out the physical world and tuning into the ‘spiritual realm’, he tucked himself only partially into cover and continued on with his prayers.

Trusting that the ‘Mother Beneath the Moutains’ would protect his vulnerable form.

The Moshmonster
He's weird. <3 Tag-u

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:19 am
User Image

xxxxMoon stretched his legs and yawned, he'd been on a hunt for a few nights now. He'd found a few small hares but nothing that would warrant a return to the pack just yet. He'd slung a couple over his back, walking carefully as to not let them slide off as he continued his hunt. The blue-tinted foliage around him calmed him and he let his mind wander as he stepped through the brush.

xxxxSoft whispers reached his ears, unnerving him for a moment. He hadn't seen another wolf since leaving his pack to hunt and hadn't expected to see one on his way towards the mountains he once called home. He dug a small hole and hid his catches, marking the ground nearby to make sure he wouldn't forget them, and turned towards the source of the noise.

xxxxHe stalked forward and followed the sound and before long he came to the still form of another wolf, muttering to itself and only partially hidden. He stopped a little ways off and planted his feet ready to defend himself if needed, "Are you well?" The question was half curious and half accusatory with a tint of worry. Had this wolf gone mad? Half exposed and talking to itself, these were not the behaviors of a normal wolf as far as Moon was concerned.

Shia bean

Moon is v concerned he's about to get rabies or something lmao
taggu :y

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

Shia bean
Vice Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:21 am
Mutterings...

"...And please, send me the sign..."

'Are you well?'

Violet stiffened. It was not a voice he recognized, and his bright eyes shot open in response, fixated upon the earth. His small form was hunched over and seated back on the heels. White ears alerted immediately, swiveling to the source of the interruption and twitching in search of more. His mutterings slowed to a stop as well... unintelligible whispers stilling upon his lips as the ambient world rushed to fill the void.

Carefully, the male lifted his gaze to meet with what he first saw as a brilliant white light... A gasp escaped him involuntarily and it took a split second for Violet to reel his mentality in, once floating in the space of sacred prayer, now jolted back to the very physical plane he existed in. The light was a reflection upon pale fur, hanging off the corporeal form of a wolf.

Large beneath the moonlight was this new face, and Violet looked on in quiet bewilderment. Then, struck by a thought, he slowly lifted his head and furrowed his brow.

His prayers... had been answered.

"Hello. Yes, yes I am... I am well. I am very well." Violet sniffed at the air, scenting for other wolves and finding none close by...satisfying his more primal instinct. He opted to remain upon his haunches, knowing full well that his frame would be no match against the full weight of the other dire wolf. And in remaining still and steady, Violet radiated confidence.

Fate was on his side.

"My name is Violet Stag, and might I say...I am happy to see you."

Quote:
I mean maybe lawlawlawl

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:57 am
xxxxMoon watched the other wolf curiously, still unsure of what to make of him. He could tell, at least, that the stranger before him hopefully wouldn't try anything by way of violence. In fact, he almost seemed relieved? An odd reaction to meeting a new face in Moon's opinion though he knew he wasn't what one would consider 'normal' by social standards.

xxxxAs the other wolf regained his bearing wolf sat, in hopes that he wouldn't scare Violet away. He was curious as to what the wolf had been saying and how he'd come this far whilst clearly being crazy. His red eyes tracked the other's movement ready to move if needed.

xxxx"In my experience well wolves don't speak to themselves as fervently as you seem to. Are you sure you're well?" Stretching his toes in the dirt, he paused, "From where have you traveled? These woods can be hard to survive in alone, where is your pack?" He hadn't smelled another wolf near but he'd also managed to mostly miss this one's scent, that doesn't mean there were none hiding, waiting to ambush him.

Shia bean

Trying to figure out if he's just passively crazy or a threat to his pack lmao
So paranoid my boy is lmao

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

Shia bean
Vice Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:02 am
Right, of course. His way was not the the way, and it would be unfair to assume that the world blindly understand, and accept, his practices without question. Of course...

So Violet noted the shiftiness, and quietly embraced the weight behind the strangers words. What we do not understand, we fear... Watching as the other male settled in suggested that, at the very least, he was willing to listen... and that gave the grey wolf incentive to relax deeper into the moment.

Good omens...

Violet led with, "Prayer." His expression becoming serene beneath the moonlight. "I am as fine as any lone wolf can be. I know it must seem... strange... But what you just heard was my prayer to the Mother Beneath the Mountains. It is... it was... my families way." A deep inhale filled his chest and forced a momentary pause... his brows furrowed and his teeth clenched. Violet was unable to conceal the sorrow that still lived within him, and it became so heavy that his eyes fell to the earth.

"They are gone. Not all dead, just... gone."

"And I have not yet come to fully accept that. Wounds take their time to heal...but here I am nonetheless. Alone. And I am truly alone, I can assure you of that."

"I could feel that my time with the lowlands was at its end and I hoped that in getting in touch with Her, I would be guided back to my home. Life to the north is treacherous, but it is all I have ever known." Again, another pause.

...Then, his eyes flitted back to the male, this time wrought with apology.

"I-I am sorry to have monopolized the conversation. Yes... I have traveled from the mountains to find, well, community I suppose? It pains me to say it but, perhaps another pack to call home? And I felt lost at first because this... I am not meant to live in this forest. But now... I feel found? I don't expect you to understand, but my prayers never go unanswered and suddenly here you are."

"Where do you travel from? What... what is your name?"

The Moshmonster
I don't blame him. That moment when you hear yourself speaking and think, 'man yeah. I might actually be crazy.'

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:26 am
xxxx He listened silently as the other wolf spoke, noting the sadness welling up as he averted his eyes. "I would like to hear more of this Mountain Mother, if you are so inclined," he chimed in when it was appropriate.

xxxxHis ears perked slightly when the other wolf mentioned that he was alone. Another like himself, left to his own devices and to survive alone. If there was one feeling Moon knew intimately it was the feeling of loss and stifling solitude that came with being abandoned, be it maliciously or by circumstances beyond one's control, was like drowning in the earth and being unable to breathe through the dirt falling down your throat.

xxxx"It seems you and I may have more in common than I thought," he paused and moved closer to the other wolf, his expression softening to one of concern, "I'm very sorry that you have been left this way. I too was left to the mountains and made my way here many moons ago. I am sorry they have left you, I hope that you can find the closure with them that you may seek. The mountains can provide much in life, though it can bring immeasurable sorrow with them." He looked away for a moment, his eyes clouded with memories of his trek to the trees where he was found as a pup.

xxxxHe shook his head, looking back to Violet, "Please, you need not apologize for answering my questions," he saw much of his younger self in this other wolf, though he'd never quite taken to speaking to himself. "I feel like I understand more than others may, my heart's cry for help once led another to me and now here I am, appearing to your heart's call," he was careful not to say prayers as he was unsure of the other's beliefs and did not want to cause undue offense, "I may not believe in many things but I do not believe many things are coincidental. I don't believe it is just chance I have found you on this hunt."

xxxxHe stood, his tail swishing idly behind him, "Let me lead you to my pack. Perhaps that is where you will find some peace in these trees as I did." He stretched a little, and sniffed at the other, taking in his scent, "I am called Moonlit Snowfall and I hail from Dawnstar. I would be quite honored if you would accept my help and my pack."

shia bean

wow moon now look who's talking too much jeez
daddy!moon activate lmao

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

Shia bean
Vice Captain

Prophet

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:58 am
Many things happened all at once.

To the North, beyond them, the woods suddenly erupted with the cries of many crows. Then, by Violet's vantage, the light shifted upon Moonlit Snowfall just right to illuminate the male in his approach... and to that point, Violet initially pressed into his forepaws to lean away, fear roiling in his gut... but as the words from the other male continued to pool into existence his efforts to resist waned.

And at last, a warm breeze picked up from his back, enveloping the grey wolf in an embrace he could not put into words... He felt sure of Her presence. The spirits of the world had a divine grace, and Her eyes were surely upon them.

The thrill of the moment was matched by a sense of great relief. It was terrifying, exhilarating, and reassuring all at once. He rose halfway off the ground, sending one paw forward.

"All things happen for a reason. While we are the heroes of our own stories, there is undoubtedly a destiny in which... we are meant to fulfill. I..." The words caught in his throat...

"My heart is with the mountains and I will return there. While I do not know if your pack live amongst the land giants, She has brought you here and... I will tell you all I know of Her, Moonlit Snowfall. For however long it lasts, I would be honored to join you and your ranks."

Resistance created suffering, and the great Mother had never led him astray for long... He stepped out of the dim light and towards Moonlit, hope emanating from the look upon his face as a low wag began at the end of his tail.

The Moshmonster
;__; TY FOR UR TIME AND BEAUTIFUL RP SKEELS U ANGEL~

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 pm
xxxx"And may we find and fulfill that destiny together, Violet Stag." He turned and motioned for the other male to follow him as he sniffed out his stash of meat again. "May you follow your heart always, friend, it's an important thing to do. I look forward to you regaling us with stories of your Mother Mountain and I do hope you feel at home for the time you are with us." a smile crossed his maw as he began to lead his friend to his new home and wondered what fate would bring the pair next.

shia bean

I'm CRYING they're too sweet together
weird Mountain Bros fro LYFE

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

[Location] The Bluestone Mountains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items