Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Surgical Precision (Veikel + Onyx)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sariraii

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 5:34 pm
Being a surgeon had gifted Onyx with a careful hand. She clenched the knife in her hand, her grip tightening for a moment, before relaxing again. Another tool rested in the other hand. She was ready to do some surgery. Carefully, carefully, ever-so-carefully, she cut into the delightful bubbly pie on her plate, carefully extracting the sweet insides.

This is very silly. Miehrath did not scold his rider for whatever she was doing, but he did let her know that it was, in fact, rather silly. That's one of the things he liked about Onyx. She was odd, kept him on his toes. What are you doing?

Come on, Mieh. I'm just being a little silly. And also practicing my amazing surgical skills while I eat this lovely pie. It's a learning opportunity! She'd gotten such a nice gift from a secret admirer that she couldn't help but be a bit silly. She leaned back in her chair, wishing not for the first time that her blue dragon could fit in the dining hall. Really? She was just...kind of bored, she guessed. As soon as she thought that, she noticed a fellow healer nearby. With a grin, she waved, and called out towards Veikel. "Vei! Hey!"

He could keep her company.

houllow

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:55 am
Veikel decidedly did not want to keep Onyx company, not today anyway. He had plans that involved the careful cultivation of seeds now that the soil and weather were warm enough for proper germination, and all morning his thoughts had been filled with nothing but delight over his soon to be garden. The call from a familiar voice all but poured ice on his dreams, and the healer knew that the commentator knew he'd never be rude enough to ignore her.

Curse his fantastic manners.

A small (but still genuine) smile popped onto his lips as he turned towards Onyx, and he raised his hand in greeting. "Hey there. Did you need me for something?" Maybe if he played his cards correctly he'd be able to get by with just a shallow conversation and a lame excuse. His mother could chide him later if she were inclined, but Veikel was pretty sure Veena might have blown the woman off entirely. The Masterhealer was her own amazing force of priorities after all.

sariraii

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

sariraii

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:10 pm
Completely oblivious to Veikel's wishes, Onyx gave him a grin. She didn't technically need anything, no, but they were both healers. Different specializations, maybe, but that didn't mean they wouldn't benefit from some bonding time. Group cohesion and all that. Even if they were from two different worlds, in more ways than one, it didn't mean there was no reason to get to know him a bit better. In a friend way, rather than just a coworker sort of way.

"Nothing in particular," she said, brightly, while patting the seat beside her. "Why don't you join me, though? I'd enjoy a nice, intellectually stimulating chat with a fellow skilled artisan." After all, healing was an art, as far as she was concerned. Better than an art, even, because it saved lives. She gave him an over-exaggerated wink. Whether it was intended as a flirty move, or a conspiratorial, playful gesture, didn't matter much.

It was still exceptionally goofy.

houllow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:56 pm
She,,,,wanted to talk. Veikel did like to talk if he admitted it and really Onyx wasn't a bad conversation partner. They hadn't had much time to chat after she'd Impressed and all so maybe a bit of catch up was in order? The seeds and plants weren't going anywhere and he doubted any of the healers back in the Infirmary would really touch his stuff.

"Then, sure. What're you feeling like talking about?" Veikel had plenty he could talk about on his own but not everyone was probably interested about the properties of crossbreeding numbweed with various other plants. "Catch me up on anything and everything you want - I've got the time." Also maybe she'd share food.

Veikel did enjoy food.

sariraii

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

sariraii

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:58 am
Of course she'd wanted to talk. Especially with a fellow healer. She was, unlike most, interested in his talk of numbweed, even if her interests more lied within the anatomical and biological field of healing. She would also be happy to share her food--if she noticed Veikel looking at it, that was.

Instead, oblivious as always, she was happy to talk about herself. "Well, Miehrath and I have been well--not much to report, if I'm honest! I miss healing regularly, but...for now, I'm happier flying thread. I just wish it was easier to do both!" She sighed, wistfully imagining working more closely with her healer roots, while still getting the excitement of flying thread.

"How about you? How have you been?"

houllow

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces