Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Stardust flowers (Marty, Veltanna, Dragons)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:37 pm
Veltanna and Moirath
Veltanna hummed to herself as she wandered around examining the new spring flowers. She was looking for just the right ones for her current crown she was working on. Moirath bounced about, more interested in looking at how the dust and pollen played with the sun than at any flowers.

Marty & Anakumath
Marty had hardly any interest in the flowers, more than that Anakumath seemed to have found some small joy in them. Or perhaps it was more in who could be found out in them so often - it was nearly impossible for the young gold to not associate flowers with her green cousin, after all. So when the familiar shape was spotted bouncing about, Anakumath eagerly called out to her. Have you found anything interested today, Moirath?

Veltanna and Moirath
Moirath came bouncing over to Anakumath. I found you! And you are very interesting! Veltanna looked up from cutting a wildflower when Moirath’s interest peeked and smiled at Marty. “What brings you out to this desolate place?”

Marty & Anakumath
Anakumath would have blushed if she was capable of it, faint purples bleeding through the blues and yellows of her expression instead. Am I now? When you are around I would find it hard to believe I am the most interesting thing you could find. Even if she was a little flattered. What is the third most interesting thing, then? If you are the first and I am the second?

Martirae nodded greeting back to Veltanna. "The hearts of a gold," she answered honestly. "Though the flowers are nice enough, I guess."

Veltanna and Moirath
Stardust traveled through space and time to land right here for our enjoyment! Isn't it wonderful! Moirath batted at the dust motes and made them dance about in the sunbeams.

Veltanna grinned impishly. "But you already have the heart of a gold. You don't need to find one here." She finished cutting the flower and held it up. "Spring flowers are some of the nicest. The are very good for drying as well. A dried crown can be lovely."

Marty & Anakumath
That is very wonderful! Anakumath agreed, swatting a foot at one of the little dancing spots of dust. Moirath's outlook was so very nice. Does the stardust have a name now? Names? Was it plural?

Martirae looked at Veltanna, eyelids drooping ever so slightly at her literal (playful) jab. "She's supposed to have two, so I need to find the second one," she replied, far less playfully. "Are mountain flowers nicer than island flowers?"

Veltanna and Moirath
Moirath laughed as she spun in a circle to swirl the dust. Some have names! Everything is stardust! So of course some have to have names. But this stardust hasn't decided what it wants to be yet.

"You don't want to share her hearts with another?" Veltanna put the flower in her basket. "Though I suppose it isn't exactly one heart per love now is it?" Veltanna offered a rye smile. "Island flowers are...different I here. I am used to working with mountain flowers so I suppose to me they are nicer."

Marty & Anakumath
While not usually overly playful, Moirath's giddiness was infectious and Anakumath took a few half-playful hops through the flowers to dredge up more pollen. I would rather like to be stardust. But this.. she pressed her face into some of the flowers to sniff them, only to sneeze loudly. Achoo!

"I don't really want to yet," there would never be any competition, sure, but Anakumath was so dear to Martirae she didn't know what to do with it. Break anything that threatened her, perhaps. "They certainly look different. I guess someday we'll have to find out if they act the same for drying and pressing," she'd never tried it before.

Veltanna and Moirath
Moirath came bounding over to Anakumath. You Are stardust. Isn't it grand? Once we lived in stars! She did a play bow near the Gold. Do you like being you though?

"Then it is a good thing you don't have to yet, isn't it?" Veltanna said mildly. "Though, it would never be the same sort of bond." She said more to herself than to Martirae. "Would you be interested in trying that out? The flowers I mean. Most people seem to think the hobby a trifle...odd. But then, I am a trifle odd, so it suits me." Veltanna grinned.

Marty & Anakumath
There was another small sneeze. There are worse things I could be, though there were also more grander beings she could have been. Maybe someone more suitable, more bold, more wonderous. And this stardust is very lucky to get to exist near this- she leaned in to boop Moirath with her snout stardust.

"I hope so," that Anakumath was drawing certain attention was played close to her chest, keeping the frustration from upsetting the other half of her bond. "It's more wonderful than words," but she was sure Veltanna had heard that before. Perhaps even thought that before. Looking over the flowers for a moment, then to Anakumath content with Moirath, she nodded. "It is better to have an odd hobby than none at all. What do I do first?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:44 pm
Worst things you could be? Worst things you could be? Of course there are worse things you could be! Because you are wonderful! Moirath complained as she wiggled in agitation. Be proud of being you! She was all but pouting now.

Veltanna handed Marty a small knife. “First, you have to pick some flowers. Go wild. Whatever you or your gold hearts desire.” She paused then added. “Get some nice long stems if you can. It is easier to cut them shorter later than to find out you need longer ones when you have short.”

demon_pachabel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:30 pm
Ah, Moirath was so sweet and how lucky Pern was to have her in it! Anakumath reached out to nudge her snout against her cousin's forehead affectionately. You are very right, Moirath. Thank you for reminding me. she thrummed as she spoke. I am a very lucky dragon and I'd have it no other way.

As Veltanna spoke, Martirae turned the knife over in her hand, feeling it out. "Sounds simple enough. Is there an amount you recommend starting with?" she glanced towards Anakumath, staring at how much larger her head was now than it had been when she was little. A lot, maybe. "Just kind of collect and see how it goes, maybe?"

Faesinger

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff