Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:39 pm
Earlier today, I got a call from work. I was shopping. I smiled vacantly as the air shattered and slammed the power button on my cellphone, vehemently shouting "NOT TODAY SATAN!!!" in my mind at the thought of being called into work! REQUEST DENIED!!!

scream

NOBODY SEES THE WIZARD!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:10 pm
My work asked me to pick up three shifts for next week and I was like "MOAR HOURSSSS!!"  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:48 pm
My schedule has been extremely chaotic as of late. Days off have become rare because of the turnover rate. It has been stressful, so any days I have off, I have to relish in and guard jealously.

I'm off tomorrow too and to protect it, I am already on Do Not Disturb on my phone, so calls won't go through.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:52 pm
I work at a school where there is no weekend days. I've got work every weekday, but, if they ask me to come in for more, that's good for me. I'll usually come in. but only if they ask me in person. once I'm out of the building, I'm committed to my time off.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:04 pm
I like to spend time with my friends and family, discover more about myself, and learn new things. I don't really get to do that at work. Sure, the money is nice, but with so many hours and customers vying for service, it makes me feel like I'm losing myself and my humanity, my soul, to the needs and wants of others (becoming a machine). I don't ever want to lose sight of what's important and dear to me.

I... felt that emptiness before, felt like a hollow shell of likes and dislikes without a soul. It isn't fun. It's... painful... scary... I didn't trust myself. I would see me, doing things I would never, ever want... to me... to others. Those mental images terrified me. I vehemently denied and fought them with everything I have. Those mental images aren't me. That, I came to realize.

I've learned to trust myself after getting help. I've been recovering, getting better, though sometimes I feel like this job could swallow me whole and ultimately leave me utterly alone. sad

I live at home, with my family, so I'm not hurting. I don't have to worry about supporting others or paying utilities, although I realize I need to take more responsibility as an adult. sweatdrop

That said, the most important thing in life to me isn't money. It's love. It's friends, family... the connections and memories you make...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:59 am
I know the feeling. I've done the same thing in the past when the theater called asking if I could come in to work, to cover someone's shift. Sometimes I go "No, I've already got plans. Sorry." But honestly... I don't have anything planned except to lay on the couch and watch TV or read a book.

Working two jobs - which can take up a majority of the week (depending on what I'm scheduled at the theater) - can get a bit stressful sometimes. So, some days I just need a "me" day of doing nothing but goofing off.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

TheLuckyOne149

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:26 am
I'm sorry this happened to you then, somewhat, but I hope things might get better in the Future for you, somewhat. I hope this helps answer your question. Take care of yourself!  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games