Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[ reg ] Instant Messaging (Adaline & Reid) (Fin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:48 am
It had been at least a week, maybe two, since the elevator incident and Adaline hadn't been back up to that floor in some time. Honestly, it was because she didn't like taking the elevator, in case it broke down again and cost her her phone battery, but she had to take it to get down to the floor she worked.

But today she was sitting at her desk, legs crossed in her office chair and she was busy clicking through various somewhat work-related wiki pages and she was jotting down things that she felt might be useful for Miss Ellis's research.

They all seemed like related things and it was okay to go down the internet rabbit hole if it was in the name of research, right?

Right. Totally.

Still, she needed a break and had been clicking on various apps that the company had provided for employee use when she found one that was basically an instant messenger.

Oh. That meant she could message Scar!

She clicked on his name and started typing away.

ghouliboo
To R. Covey: Hi!!!! Is this Reid???? It's Adaline!!! From the elevator??

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:59 am

Computers were far, far from Reid's forte.

He knew how to fix a computer desk. He knew how to set up a computer chair. He knew how to put both together and take them apart. Give him anything that involved manual labor and he would happily comply.

Ask him to do something on the computer? One would be lucky if they didn't have to explain it to him three times over on how he needed to see the task through.

Today, unfortunately, was one of those days where some of his tasked work required being on the computer. Every once in a while, an administrator or employee would need something done that had to be typed up or... or whatever and poor Reid was forced to figure out how to make the job work using only his noggin' and sheer, pure luck.

He was in the process of doing such a job when a small little window popped up on his screen, one with a name that looked familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time. It wasn't Miss Argent or one of his regulars, no.

Oh! Miss Google!

Biting the tip of his tongue, he stared down at the keyboard to slowly punch out each key to spell out every word he tried to send back, forced to backspace several times when his pointer finger mashed the wrong key in the process.

Nuxaz
To A. Prescott: hello yes this is reid from the elevator may i help you

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:07 pm
The ellipses that indicated the other person was typing sat on the screen for far longer than Adaline expected. Was he typing a novel? Did he have a lot to say to her??? What was he doing?!

In the end his message was...really short for how long it felt like he was typing and the blue haired woman had to reign in her desire to just ask what was taking him so long.

Instead she sent this:

ghouliboo
To R. Covey: Elevator buddy!!! I just wanted to see how you were doing!

She finished typing much faster than he had. And then she sent a couple more.

Quote:
To R. Covey: How do you feel about continuing our game from the other day???

She liked to excessively use punctuation.

Quote:
To R. Covey: How many siblings do you have?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:45 pm

Almost immediately, a little bubble popped up with a dot...dot...dot, something he was used to seeing when he knew his superiors or coworkers were trying to type something back. Miss Google seemed to know how to type at lightning speed, her message dropping in on his screen in no time flat, putting his grandpa speed to shame.

Fingers went to look for the "i" key to begin typing and ding then ding flashed across the screen, more messages popping up right after the first.

Good god - how fast did this woman type?

Eyebrows furrowed as he focused very hard on typing a message back, his goal being to do it in half the speed of his last message.

Nuxaz
To A. Prescott: I am doing well thank you how are you doing sorry but I do not have any

He failed horribly at his goal.

Reid waited for a full minute before realizing (or rather, remembering) that it was now his turn in the game to ask the next question. Another minute's worth of thinking and he hammered out:

Nuxaz
To A. Prescott: what is your favorite flavor

.... hey, it was better than asking what her favorite color was again, right?

.............. Right?

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:54 am
Scar was so formal in his typing, the lack of punctuation, the lack of personality. Did he grow up in a cave??? Had he never experienced technology????

Maybe she'd unlock a tragic backstory.

Either way, Adaline thought that she needed to teach him how to like type and text, if he ever got a phone again.

Green eyes had to go over his message three times before she understood that he was a, telling her he was fine, b, asking her how she was doing, and c answering her question.

ghouliboo
To R. Covey: I'm fine!!! So that was...no siblings? Why are you sorry?

Did he think that she thought it was a bad thing? She was an only child of her moms too, being an only child was fine

Quote:
To R. Covey: Flavor? Like in general?

Quote:
To R. Covey: Or like, ice cream or drink?

Quote:
To R. Covey: I mean like I really like raspberry

Quote:
To R. Covey: How old are you?

They all came one right after the other

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:31 am
Sure enough, one message led to receiving a million more and as each loud ping flew across his computer, he scrambled to try to figure out how to quiet down his beast of a machine. There was no speaker for him to manually change the volume with, resulting in almost five minutes of hunting to figure out how to adjust the volume so no one around him would think he was goofing off with the messenger program instead of working.

Which, embarrassingly enough, was exactly what he was doing as Reid was unable to multitask while trying to punch out each individual letter.

Nuxaz
To A. Prescott: I was apologizing for giving a disappointing answe

He hit the Enter key before rereading his message, immediately regretting doing so when he realized he left a word unfinished.

Quote:
To A. Prescott: answer I meant to put answer

He debated clarifying his flavor question but thought better of it; one question was clearly leading into a spiderweb of answers, so it was probably best to keep his questions and answers short 'n simple, especially as Miss Google was taking it upon herself to host most of the conversation.

Quote:
To A. Prescott: I am 22 when is your birthday

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:48 am
While she waited for Scar to message her back, Adaline had picked up her phone and was browsing through the internet, checking up on some of the news and whatever else her brain encouraged her to look at.

The pings didn't bother her, she was alone at her desk for the moment, and they drew her attention easily enough. With her phone discarded on the table for the moment she went right back into typing.

ghouliboo
To R. Covey: It's not disappointing!

Quote:
To R. Covey: June 6

There was the tiniest pauses as she considered her next question.

Quote:
To R. Covey: How long have you worked for AI?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:34 am
How long had he worked for the company?

Eyebrows furrowed, marring the shape of the scar across his eye as he tried to remember back when he was hired. School had just started back in session when he'd gone to be interviewed by Miss Argent - so that meant either August or... no, it was a little chillier than August weather... September. He'd been hired in September, after that fateful night of him attempting to UberEats deliver without an actual vehicle to assist him.

So that meant... September, October, November...March...April...

Counting on his fingers, he tapped one after the other until seven sat pointed out towards one another.

Nuxaz
To A. Prescott: Seven months. You?

Pause.

Quote:
To A. Prescott: wait no that's not my question

Quote:
To A. Prescott: my question is what's your favorite animal

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 am
In the time it took Reid to respond to her, Adaline had fished a bag of chip out of her back and was proceeding to eat her Cheetos with a pair of chopsticks. She didn't want to get cheese dust on the keyboard after all!

But somehow it didn't stop her from being able to type like lightning.

ghouliboo
To R. Covey: Like, um 8 months?

She had already responded before he asserted that wasn't the question he meant to ask. It was no skin off her back.

Quote:
To R. Covey: NBD, buddy.

Quote:
To R. Covey: Dolphins. Do you have a fave sport?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 am
So she'd been there longer. Not by much, it seemed, so they were both relatively fresh faces in the industry. He had to pause to finish up an e-mail before responding back, though he had a feeling she didn't seem to care.

Glancing back at the screen, he narrowed his eyes as he tried to understand the letters on the messenger application.

NBD?

What on earth did that mean?

She didn't go into any elaboration and she seemed to have moved on with the question game so he didn't dwell... much. He might have to look that up later, making a mental note to himself to search "NBD" to see what it supposedly meant.

Nuxaz
To A. Prescott: sports are a waste of time and cost the country too much money

It actually angered him, the amount of money people threw at professional sports players. All of those millions, going to waste on single individuals and their extravagant lives. How many people could that money feed? Or house? Or educate?

Quote:
To A. Prescott: I do like bingo though

Quote:
To A. Prescott:what is your favorite food

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:16 am
Another Cheetos was popped into her mouth and the chopsticks were set inside the bag, ready to go when she wanted more.

Reid's message dinged across her computer as she dove back into the google hole and she clicked on it.

ghouliboo
To R. Covey: Whoa, those are some strong feelings. People love to be entertained and it's a form of entertainment. If you hate sports so much do you hate movies and theater productions?

She hadn't expected him to react so...negatively about them.

Quote:
To R. Covey: Wait. Wait. What???? BINGO???? LIKE THE OLD PEOPLE GAME???

Oh my god, was she talking to an 80 year-old-man trapped in the body of a man in his early 20s?

Quote:
To R. Covey: Depends on the mood. But, um, I love anything with bell peppers.

She was a fan of the cronch.

Quote:
To R. Covey: What do you do outside of work?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 am
A pink shade crossed his cheeks when she called him out on having strong feelings. He hadn't meant to come across as strong - he was just stating his belief... or so he thought.

Had he come across too strongly?

He was about to argue that he had no problem with the theater or movies in general (not that he'd actually been to a movie in the past decade or so but that didn't matter for the sake of the argument) when a series of capitalized letters came crashing across his screen.

Reid Covey's ears began to burn, matching the red color of his cheeks. He knew he'd given away too much information - and now she was making fun of him for it. This is what happened when you got too close to people and he was regretting this, immediately feeling flustered and embarrassed at the call out.

Nuxaz
To A. Prescott: I need to go I'm getting behind on work

God help him, he certainly couldn't answer that next question because the truth would only get him mocked even moreso than she'd already done to him.

Quote:
To A. Prescott: talk to you later

Closing his eyes, Reid bit the inside of his cheek as he prayed for the color to leave his face before anyone actually saw how red he'd turned.

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:42 am
All at once their fun game had come to an abrupt stop and Adaline didn't know why he was cutting it short and just...ending it all.

ghouliboo
To R. Covey: Oh.

She hit enter sooner than she meant but Adaline Prescott didn't know how to respond to all of it.

Mulling over it for several minutes she typed two separate IMs.

Quote:
To R. Covey: Ok. We should meet up later or whatever!

Quote:
To R. Covey: It's nice to have a work friend! Have a good day!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:49 am

He busied himself with straightening up what little paperwork he had at his desk, then prepared to turn off his computer (which, to Reid, meant turning on that little green lit button on the bottom of the monitor) when a few more messages flew across his screen.

The young man was tempted to ignore them, lest they be more teasing, but he ended up scanning them nonetheless and finding himself... almost smiling.

Huh. A work friend.

Hands found the keyboard and he sent one final message her way:

Quote:
To A. Prescott: you too

With that, he "turned off" his computer and rose from the chair, feeling somewhat better about how the exchange had gone.

Nuxaz
fin <3

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out