Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[ witzend reg ] Scornful Egos (Gansey & Delphine) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:29 pm

By the time they'd gotten back to the hotel, Gansey's mood was irritable at best.

His face ached, lip throbbing because the punches in the face had caused it to split, and worse off, his ego was bruised. It had been his first true venture into the mission fold and they had come back empty handed, worse for wear, and missing one of their counterparts.

He could hear Suri's beratement already. What did I say about distractions?

In his defense, he hadn't been distracted by the girls, but by other things. Still, losing was not something Gansey was accustomed to and he was irate because of it.

Still, he tried to put on the charm when he leaned into Delphine a bit. "Your room or mine?"

beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:21 am
Delphine could feel Gansey's irritation radiating off him in waves as they walked down the hall towards the block of rooms the Negaverse had had set up for them. She didn't blame him for it, infuriated in her own right, but her's was a cold subtle fury that ran deep and hidden and not apparent in the petite dancer at a glance.

They'd failed their mission, lost one of their teammates, and though she knew it wasn't only luck that had kept them from sharing that same fate she still wasn't happy about how well she'd preformed in the battle. The losses we're unacceptable.

She wondered how her general would feel about what had happened, how disappointed she might have been.

The press against her shoulder pulled her out of her thoughts and back on her colleague with a twitch of silver brows at the curve of his lips. The charm had returned, which she did suppose was better than the anger, regardless of where it had been directed.

She made a faint sound of amusement at that, head tipping as she looked back down the hall but there was a small smile tugging at her lips. "Whichever is closest." Which would end up being his.

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:28 am
Gentlemanly, his hand found the small of her back and his fingertips pressed lightly against it in the guise of requesting permission. Gansey was confident that she'd appreciate the contact and perhaps encourage it, but the point was to make it seem like he was respectful.

"Mine it is," he replied, carefully guiding her down the hall to one of the rooms on the right. His wallet was fished out with his free hand, the man expertly taking out the key card before it was inserted and the wallet tucked away again.

Once the light went green, he pushed the door handle down to open the door, holding it for Delphine to enter first.

"You didn't take much damage did you?" He asked, because it was polite to make it about her before it was about him.

beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:01 am
She didn't really know Gansey, which was an odd thought given what they already had together, but how a person presented themselves on missions and under the guise of power did not always reflect how they behaved as a person. It meant he didn't know her yet either, but now they had this bond of shared trauma in having watched one of their own be taken.

It would be interesting to see how much of Aventurine bled into Gansey, and vice versa.

She allowed him to steer her into his room, head shaking at his question of concern. "Hardly any. The initial burn of petals is the only harm I came to."

Her palms smoothed down the front of her skirt as she stepped a little deeper into his room, dark eyes sliding slowly around the room. She was looking for the ice bucket, but also just looking. "We should probably get some ice on that lip of your's."

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:02 pm
Her dismissal of injuries didn't stop him from letting his hazel-eyed gaze sweep across her. It wasn't outright lecherous, but slightly appreciative before he registered that she was checking out the room.

His suitcase was inside the closet, his clothing either neatly hung inside or tucked away in the dressers because it was easier than rifling through a bag whenever he needed things. His shoes were lined up neatly against the wall and the place was relatively spotless, considering he let housekeeping in, and his laptop sat on the side table. It was something he used to contact those back home when needed.

Delphine would find the ice bucket near the coffeemaker next to the flat screen on top of the dresser.

Gansey followed after her, pressing his fingertips against her back when he wet his lip to feel how swollen it was. "You don't mind playing nurse for me do you?"

beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:09 pm
The tidy state of the room was met with a tiny, approving nod before she'd retrieved the ice bucket and lifted the lid to see if there was any ice still lingering inside it.

"It's not the first time I've played nurse," she remarked simply, looking up to flash him a quick little smile before turning back to the sink to empty out the water that dominated the contents of the bucket so when she drew the liner out what remained was the ice left over. There wasn't much but it'd serve for their purposes.

"Why don't you sit down." It'd make it easier for her. She tipped her head towards the bed, then slipped into the bathroom so she could claim one of the hotel issued washcloths to wrap around the makeshift ice pack. He'd hear the sink turn on and off very briefly.

She was tying off the liner bag as she returned, and settling the ice into the center of the now moist cloth. Then they were twisted together and the pack tapped against her palm to flatten it.

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 pm
At her urging, Gansey moved over to the single bed and sat down on the edge. In the time she was gone he had pulled off his boots and arranged them neatly at the foot of the bed. The sleeves of his shirt had been rolled up so they were out of the way and it was now visible that parts of his skin had been burned from the hearts that had lain waste to them.

"I should have known," he offered, complete with his most flattering smile, "you look like a woman who is well versed in things."

Her rank denoted experience, but he hadn't cared to look into how much she had or how long she'd been 'serving'. Those were boring professional questions and he looked over at her expectantly. Now that he was sitting they were nearly the same height.

Shifting, Gansey spread his legs apart and rested his hands on either knee with a brow raised. "Tell me what to do Nurse Delphine."

beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:36 pm
He was exactly where she'd directed him t be and that too was met with approval in the form of a twitch of a smile as she strode over to stand between his knees so she could tend to the injuries. Dark eyes dipping to the marks on his arms before rising back up to his face. "Do the burns hurt as well?"

Like him, she had her own burns; they ran down her arms, dotted her chest beneath the modest but stylish blouse she was wearing. There were more on her legs, but none of them hurt much now. They lingered, but they caused her no grief.

She smiled again at the compliment, her chin lifting minutely with pride. "My general expects much from her subordinates. I've learned a great deal from her teachings.

"Now, sit very still," she directed plainly, lifting a hand to rest the tips of her fingers on cheek and jaw to keep his head steady as she very gently applied the ice pack to the split in his lip.

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 pm
"They ache but nothing too terrible," he replied before reconsidering. "Well, that's being generous. Some of the magic burned through my coat. Along my shoulders and back." While almost every part of him was covered, the magic had still managed to do some damage.

Nothing was quite as bad as his split lip.

Still, he couldn't resist when he asked, "I could take my shirt off and let your expert eye take a gander?" Flattering and flirting were two things he was very good at.

His chin lifted as if it would help her and he did as she asked, sitting still as she applied the ice pack to his mouth. Gansey did, however hiss from the sudden cold against his sore mouth and reflexively reached out to steady himself by holding her hip.

beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:58 pm
Delphine shuddered to think of the state of her her back, but since she hadn't had opportunity to really dwell on any of the burns it was easy enough to shove that worry aside until she had the time to unpack and digest it. Though honestly, so long as they all healed it would be fine.

She hummed in amusement at his offer, shaded lids dipping until she was looking at him through a veil of thick lashes. She knew what he was doing, and even if he was laying it n a little thick he was doing so in a way that still managed to be flattering. "If you think that's strictly necessary."

Of course, all flirtations aside, they still had a very large problem that needed remedying. Minium had been taken and they were going to have to file a mission report detailing what had happened, not to mention heading back out to look for her.

But not tonight, she reminded herself. It was already late, and rushing out blindly would only put them both in danger. They were going to need to ask around, see if anyone else had encountered the same senshi...

She blinked as a hand landed on her hip, head dipping to glance down at tanned fingers where they held her side. It could ave been a natural reaction to the sting of his lip, but she wondered if perhaps it was a little more than that as well. Bold if it was.

Dark jade eyes flicked back up. "How long have you been with the Negaverse?"

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:12 pm
"I'd say it's up to you Miss Nurse," Gansey replied, letting his hazel gaze drift to where he held her by the hip. Since she didn't seem bothered, he didn't move his hand, instead he squeezed slightly, watching the way she played demure and he wondered just how much coaxing he'd have to do to get what he thought he might want from her.

Suri's words echoed in the back of his head and he shoved them aside.

"Forgive me," he said with a weak smile, as best he could with the ice pressed against his lip. "I knew it was cold and it still managed to surprise me." If he seemed apologetic, perhaps she'd ignore how unsubtle he was being.

"A few months," he answered with a shrug, choosing now to let his hand drop and avert his gaze. "Still getting my feet wet but this stuff-- heh, should've been easier considering I'm a competitive hunter."

beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:11 am
See made a didmissive little sound at the apology, her head shaking slightly. I it had startled him it wasn't a big deal and if it hadn't the apology was just pretty words. Either way it really was no big deal to the dancer.

"We were out numbered and outclassed. If things had gone less favorably for us it wouldn't have been only Mini who was taken." Had Ceraskia's magic not been the perfect tool to turn the tables for them it very well could have been all three if them being abducted. It was fortune that that had kept Aventurine and herself safe.

"What do you hunt, if you don't mind my asking?" If he was careful while he spoke the cold pack on his lip wouldn't cause much issue or discomfort.

She'd noted the tightening of his fingers before they'd fallen away but again she didn't comment. Curious of his intent. If she interested him only because she happened to be standing there then he'd find himself sorely out luck.

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:44 am
While her explanation made send, Gansey couldn't help but feel a little sore about how things had gone down. He wasn't used to failing, he was a man who excelled in almost every area of his life.

He had been born and bred for success. He was meant to be the best.

"Big game, mostly deer." Gansey thought for a moment, each word spoken slow and careful to not disturb the ice on his face. "Occasionally I'll participate in small game hunting, to keep my reflexes sharp." Hitting smaller targets proved to be their own type of challenge.

"And you? How long have you been serving?"

beejoux

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 pm
It was something they had in common, the pressure to excel. the knowledge that they'd been groomed and guided towards success for their entire life. Delphine was stranger to the weight of lofty expectations, not just from her parents but from her general as well. Failure was unacceptable.

And yet they'd failed, but not without the chance for redemption. If they could get Mini back...

She listened quietly as he spoke of hunting and it reminded her of her father and the fox hunts he indulged in from time to time. It made her wonder if Gansey ever did his hunting on horseback, if he was comfortable riding at all.

"Three and a half years, though this last year I took a break from our duties to travel abroad for dance with the London Ballet Company." She hadn't been home all that long before this mission had taken her back across the ocean and into Europe again, though it felt like longer...

nuxaz

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Nuxaz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:24 pm
The mention of ballet had him gazing over her petite frame again, drifting down and lingering on what he could see of her legs. Her body certainly suited that of a dancer's, especially a ballerina's, and he was curious if he touched her thighs or her calves of how much muscle he would feel.

Fingers tapped against his knees to reign in the desire. While Delphine hadn't resisted any of his advances, she had hardly reacted to them at all. He could wait.

"Has it treated you well, all that time spent serving?" He asked, hazel eyes lifting back up as he cocked his head. He wondered how her superior guided her and how they differed from his own.

He and Suri got along well enough, though there was always an undercurrent of tension.

"What of your time away, did you fill it with just dance or lovers too?"

beejoux

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas