Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Witzen R] A Beer by any other name (Gisela, Gan)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:04 pm
After their...adventures in the rose garden (and the filing of paperwork about it), Tetrahedrite and Noctua, or rather Gansükh and Gisela, mutually agreed that they needed a drink. There were a few options around, and while it was tempting to go visit the more "popular" of places, Gan felt like that would be a bit too close to the information-gathering jobs they'd been tasked with since arriving here, so instead picked a pub that seemed a bit less inclined toward noisy gossip and weird magic shenanigans.

Naturally, it being a pub, he simply walked in, looked around, and claimed a table. There were a couple open. "Well, that was...an unusual experience for me," he said once they were situated. "Though, I guess that's old hat for you, isn't it?"

Sweenys_Revenge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:37 am
Gisela, not one for drinking, was grateful none the less for the chance to get away from their mission and sit somewhere out of the way. She hung back at the bar while Gan claimed a table. She exchanged a few brief words and currency with the tender and returned then followed Gan to the booth he had staked out, two bottles in hand. She sank into the booth with a pained sigh, her bones complaining of the way she had pushed them an hour ago, and slid Gan's beer over to him before taking a healthy swallow of her own soda.

More reason to dispatch with Gisela Louise as soon as possible, she supposed.

"Every time is different, if by slight degrees," she muttered, wrapping her hands around the glistening bottle of soda in her hands. The chill from the glass woke her palms up and then traveled up her arms to wake higher nerves. "Every senshi has different abilities, both magical and physical. On the whole, however, you do get used to the fights... was this your first experience with a senshi?"

Tolin Kalin

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:23 am
Gan accepted his drink with a nod, and took a swig. "The first one fighting against us, yes," he replied with another nod. "It was," he looked up and rocked his head considering, "Not quite what I'd imagined a...supernatural fight to be like."

He kept his voice low, so as to not be overheard, but it wasn't terribly hard in the place. A Football match was on a TV, and there was a fair bit of noise otherwise. Still. Talking about these things felt odd somehow. "One might imagine Star Wars, or a Chinese Kung Fu movie, with people flying all over the place." He shook his head. "But, no. Just some sort of...street brawl."

"It's...almost disappointing, somehow," he admitted.

Sweenys_Revenge

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 6:30 am
Gisela shrugged, recalling her first encounter with a senshi. It had been... cathartic to say the least.

"They are just people, in the end. No more or less supernatural than we are," she offered finally, nursing her own soda as she did so.

"My first was a child. Fear, I think his sphere was. The only senshi to ever make me feel any fear at all, and it wasn't even because he was in any way a threat. It had been a trick of his magic. I was so angry... I can't recall what happened between the magical attack and the end of it all but... I had choked the life out of him my self."

Gisela fell silent again, saying yet another silent thank you to the child who had aided the birth of her shadow self. Her greater self. Her truest self.

"They are just humans who have been burdened with magic. And had Metallia not saved me, I would be one of them as well. As would you. We're all tools in this cosmic war, only given power because it serves someone above us."

Tolin Kalin

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 8:40 am
The only indication that Gansükh was a bit perturbed by such a casual admission of killing a child--even a strange, magical creature of a child--was a single, slightly longer than usual blink. And he was a bit perturbed. Both by the admission, and the knowledge that presented, which is what he chose to express: "So, the enemy uses child soldiers, then?" He shook his head. "What a strange thing this is, like fighting a tribal war but in America and Great Britain."

"What exactly is Metallia?" he asked softly, leaning forward. "I mean, I understand in a broad sense, but," he rocked his head in a non-committal sort of way, "apart from a nigh-mythical being in charge...whom I no doubt exists, thanks to what I've seen thus far, mind...I have no idea."

Sweenys_Revenge

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:38 am
If Gisela noticed or sensed the disturbance her admission had created, she didn't show it. Instead, she took another drink of her soda and considered the label for a long time before she finally nodded.

"As young as ten I've found. It's disgusting."

As though she had not just admitted to killing one of those children...

What exactly is Metallia?

Gisela... Gisela hadn't exactly thought about that. Like any good soldier, her Queen said jump and she asked how high. She didn't look too far into anything, didn't strive for any deeper understanding... the sword does not seek to understand the arm that wields it, after all. But maybe... maybe she should have?

"I... I don't know. I've never asked. Never thought to. It's never been my place to ask, actually. Senshi are tools for the negaverse, but you... as an officer, you might benefit from knowing more about who you are serving. I'm sure Queen Laurelite will know more. She does act as Metallia's conduit. We can ask her when we get home."

Tolin Kalin

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 9:17 am
Gan nodded slowly. He had a feeling she wouldn't know. Still, it felt important to ask. It was a bit sad to hear someone refer to themselves as just a tool for others. But...that was the way of war sometimes.

"Good to know that the people in charge are willing to talk," he said. "I shall make a point to ask, then. Though," he rubbed his chin thoughtfully, then took another swig. "I think it would be best to choose my words very carefully in that situation."

"What about Laurelite?" he asked instead. "What is she like?" The Queen was apparently a real person, so probably easier to explain.

Sweenys_Revenge

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:32 am
"I only ever saw her once. When she was... born. All agents were called to the Rift and were tasked with finding certain items. The shattered starseed of the late Queen Beryl, the bone of a greater youma, and a crystal came together to heal her. From what, I don't know. That was long before my time. The database would have more information on that, but as we are currently banished from headquarters... well..."

Though there was bitterness in her voice, Noctua still could not stop the surge of emotion that washed over her from that day. The still throbbing ache of Cinnabar's memory. The thrill of her victory. The overwhelming adoration of the queen who had been born before her eyes. She sniffed, swallowing the lump in her throat and continued.

"In her former life, she worked with negaverse crystals, and her research founded the basis for our understanding of them. Most of our tech is based on her findings, actually. And she continues to work with them even now when she can. As for her personality... she's a direct conduit for Metallia's power. There isn't much room for that. I've heard she is polite enough. Kind even in some cases. But I suspect that's all a facade without any real emotion to back it up. Not that she's cruel, I just think that... maybe there isn't anything like emotion for Laurelite."

Tolin Kalin

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:17 pm
Gan nodded, listening attentively to her explanation. He knew...some of what she spoke of. There was much and more he needed to look into as soon as this trip to Europe was done. Assuming he lived that long. With any luck he would, but still..this was a very odd situation indeed.

"No emotion?" he asked, eyebrows raised slightly. "I would call it a sad existence, but, I suppose to that...being, it wouldn't be, would it? No joy of success, the rush of danger..." he shook his head, and took another drink. "Even if it saved me from incredible sorrow, I don't know that I could ever handle such a loss."

Never mind that if one did suffer such a loss, it wouldn't really be suffering at that point anymore, would it?

"Though, the willingness to go that far, I suppose, shows some breathtaking dedication to the cause, doesn't it?"

Sweenys_Revenge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:12 am
Breathtaking. That was one word for it. Gisela would call it staggering. Humbling even. Would that she could go that far to prove her loyalty. for a senshi like her, however... there wasn't much she could do. With the whispers of ascension ending in just as breathless a ghost as they began, Gisela was beginning to believe that this was all there was for her. The simple existence of a tool and the hollow longing to serve the hand that swung her in more ways than for what she was made.

Gisela heaved a heavy sigh, suddenly far more tired than she had been when she arrived.

"Well, I'm sure you'll forgive me," Gisela muttered after draining her soda. "But It seems like our day was more draining on me than I had previously anticipated. I'll talk to you later."

She left without waiting for a response, heading back to her room where she collapsed on her bed heavily.

Tolin Kalin

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas