[PRP] Are You Lost? (Asamana x Conleth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Asamana shot yet another dirty look at the crumbling ruins off to the west of her from beneath the tree she found herself sat under. Yes, this may be her fifth time returning to this exact spot in the last couple of days despite walking as far away as possible from it, and yes, she may not even have an exact destination in mind, but she felt like the ruins were mocking her nonetheless.

She couldn't be that bad at directions, right? Most of her life was spent in a roving 'pride' with no... Real direction or purpose... Oh. Dang. She might actually be that bad at directions.

Either way, Asamana wasn't going to let these dumb ruins or her non-existent sense of direction stop her from finding some sort of shelter - or at least someone to talk to. She heaved a loud, exaggerated sigh as she dragged herself up and onward again. She never thought she'd miss the constant buzz of chatter from her old family; it brought a sense of comfort and familiarity that she hadn't been aware of until it was gone.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:50 am
Ars Naberius

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Conleth wasn't really sure what he was looking for he wandered and that was fine he was in no rush to find what he was looking for. Which was good since he didn't know what he was seeking and most likely wouldn't till he actually found it. The Rogue land had become a hard place to live, sinkholes and strange weather filling the land. He was lucky enough to have met a lion who had been kind enough to say him that day when he hurt himself that lion had reached out his paw in goodwill. He still sometimes wondered if he would ever meet that lion again someday.

He saw a ruin in the distance and made his way there, he passed it and kept his eyes on the sky so he wouldn't end up walking in circles. He knew if you followed the sun or a star you could keep from becoming lost. He soon came upon a female lioness who seemed to be traveling alone. He looked at her curiously wondering what her story was. He considered calling out a greeting but he didn't want to frighten or startle her. So he kept his distance for the time being to give her space and respect, till he figured out a way to break the ice and say hello.  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am
Asamana scanned the area for a hint - anything to keep her from just wandering in circles again - and paused mid-step as she glimpsed a lion in the distance. Thinking quickly, she weighed her options. He was well enough away that she could bolt if she needed, but close enough to call to if she wanted to try asking for help. Which would be... Risky. She was pretty sure she was still in the Roguelands, but if she wasn't there could be trouble. Fast. Even if he was a rogue he was a stranger - but who wasn't a stranger at this point? She didn't know anyone around here, and definitely didn't know where she was. But if she revealed that to the lion, she'd come off as weak - making her an even more obvious target. Without her roving pride she felt so exposed - so maybe this could be a travelling companion?

That thought just restarted the entire train of worries. She groaned, shook her head as if to untangle her mess of thoughts, and looked back at the lion with a sharp look. "Hey!" she barked, taking a hesitant step forward, "Do you know where you are right now?"

She realized how forceful it sounded the second it left her mouth and winced a bit, but hoped it wouldn't scare off this potentially friendly lion while still warding off an opportunistic one.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:45 pm
Ars Naberius

Conleth looked at the female who yelled at him. He looked around "Well yes I am right here going this way, and I don't intend to go in circles since there is a sun to follow." He said grinning "I am Conleth and who might you be?" He said in a charming tone. He didn't really have a destination in mind but he had heard there was a nomadic pride in this direction so this was the direction he was going. "I have heard the Ela pride is in this direction so this is the way I'm heading." He turned his head and gestured to a mountain in the distance. "That way is the roguelands." Then he turned "I think this way will lead to the Ela a nomadic pride of lions."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:41 pm
Asamana opened her mouth to argue - she knew the sun could help, it was just the fact everything on the ground looked the same - but decided against it when she heard the the words 'nomadic pride'. Well! Of all of the strangers to bump into, she seemed to have found the perfect one.

She trotted towards the male - Conleth - and called back, "I'm Asamana! Sorry for the.. Rude introduction."

"I'm not that used to being on my own. You, uh... Know how it is," She looked him up and down, hoping that her judgement that he was a fellow rogue was correct, and tilted her head curiously, "Did you say nomadic pride?"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:51 pm
Ars Naberius

Conleth shook his head "Not rude at all, you asked a question I gave an answer." He looked in the direction he was going hoping he would be able to find the Ela pride, he could always be wrong and lead himself to nowhere, but he had hope that he had this figured out. He didn't need a hero this time around he was fine. "Well considering I have traveled the rogue lands by myself for many years I'm not sure what you mean, did you leave another pride recently?" He asked curiously. He nodded and then said "Yes, Ela'wadiyi. I've heard rumors about it that they are a nomadic pride in this area and they accept new members during certain festivals."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 pm
"Sort of," Asamana hummed thoughtfully, "Less a pride, more like... A really big family. Except half of us weren't related. I think? And we weren't all that organized" She shrugged, laughing, "Either way. But you've been on your own that whole time? How did you survive?"

She began walking in the direction that he'd been pointing at without thinking - moving was just her default state. Talking? Had to walk while doing so. Thinking about something? Time to pace. Sitting still just wasn't her thing. "So what're they like - do you know?"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:22 pm
Ars Naberius

Conleth smiled listening to Asamana "Ah you came from a big group, I only had a small family and then I moved on when I was old enough to be on my own." He grinned "Hunting and staying on my paws, but not all on my own during the strange times in the rogue lands I fell into a sinkhole and I got lucky and another male lion helped me out of that mess." He continued walking with her and then he heard her next question. "No, not really but I still want to seek them out, I haven't heard anything about them being war-like like the harsh Stormborns."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:04 am
"Ah, lucky you!" Asamana purred, padding along, "I was in a similar bind - tried to catch a zebra and it nearly kicked off my front leg." She waggled it a bit for emphasis, hopping on the other foot for support as she walked. "All healed now, though. I figure a pride might be a good idea in case it comes back for round two." She shot him a grin.

"Oh, Stormborn! I've heard of them," she furrowed her brows in thought, trying to remember the menagerie of prides, "Real rowdy ones with the braids, right? Unless they're the red ones. We always made sure to stay faaaaar away from those two on our travels."

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:16 am
Ars Naberius

Conleth smiled at Asamana she really was a charming female, sweet and rather funny he liked that about her. "I'm glad you healed." He said and laughed as she hopped up and down and wiggled about. "Sounds like a good plan, the rogue lands seem to have become more dangerous than they once were." He frowned looking over his shoulder at the rogue lands behind them. "Braids are Stormborn and red are the Firekin I think yes both very violent prides and best to stay out of their way."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:35 am
"Right! Right," she nodded, making a face as she mentally sorted them. "It's hard to keep all of them straight - that'll be the plus side of joining one though, right? Only have to know your neighbors, really." She chuckled a bit to herself.

"So," Asamana continued, flicking a rock in their path to the side, "What made you choose these guys? You really into that nomadic life? Got long lost family there?"

MiddyGlow
Sorry for the delay! @__@ Could've sworn I'd replied earlier!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:15 pm
Ars Naberius

Conleth smiled and then said, "I'm not sure what prides boarder the Ela territory since they travel their lands in different family groups from what I have heard so those are things we will have to learn when we get to the group." He shrugged and then said "I don't want to settle to one territory per say and I haven't heard of many nomadic prides so this one sounded like the best." He shook his head and then said "No family to speak of I don't remember them. you?"

(No big we can wrap it up whenever)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

Ars Naberius

Dapper Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:33 pm
"Good point, good point," Asamana hummed, "I feel the same way. Something like my old clique, y'know? They've got a lot more members, the Ela, so I know it'll be different..."

She was quiet for a good while after that. After a few minutes, she bumped his shoulder playfully and smiled up at him. "Mind if I tag along? And, uh... Join with you? If you don't mind?"

MiddyGlow

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff