[PRP] laundry (Brenley and Pyper)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:16 pm
Bren had never been the most dexterous of people, but he had considered himself capable of the simple, day-to-day task of walking. Apparently that had been too much to assume.

Just two short days ago he had been descending a set of stairs that he'd used at least a hundred times since he had arrived at the weyr, and instead of traversing them like a normal human, he had lost his footing and gone tumbling awkwardly to his doom. The splint now keeping his ankle immobile made it difficult to do most chores, but most chores were not the sedentary, morbidly boring task of mending.

Brenley was so sick of mending.

His hands had gone still about twenty minutes ago, and his barely blinking, glassy eyes were a clear indication that he was daydreaming. He sat slightly slumped on a bench near the barracks, a basket of Impression White tunics on the ground beside him.

medeegel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:43 pm
Where was a girl supposed to get some Floyd around here, seriously? Being stuck at the weyr wasn’t the ideal situation, sure, but if greens were rising every day, shouldn’t green and gold flits be doing the same? Granted, Pyper didn’t exactly have the marks, but she was sure she could charm the pants off any seller once she got her eyes on some eggs.

Instead, it was laundry day.

She made a face as she readjusted the bed sheets clumped in her arms, looking for a flat surface to fold them up before delivery. She didn’t even want to think what might have been in the threads to begin with, if the faint smell of sweat that lingered told her anything. Riders were their saviors and she should be grateful to make their lives easier and blah blah blah. At least if she had a flit or two around, she could make a small chorus and have the day go by in song.

Passing through a hallway, Pyper paused and backpedaled to look at the glaze eyed boy at the bench. In a world of constantly moving parts, it was easy to notice the still and silent. “Uh. Pern to pretty boy?” she called. “I think you’re about to p***k a finger.”

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:27 pm
His spine went stave-straight at the sound of her voice, at least until he realized that the person addressing him was about as far from A'ral as one could get. He couldn't recall the girl's name, but he had definitely seen her around. She was difficult to miss.

"I'm... um... sorry? This is very boring, and I can't..." Brenley gestured at the wrapped up lump that was his foot. "Pricking myself would be the most exciting thing to happen to me all day." It was only after he had stopped babbling that he realized she'd called him pretty.

medigel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:20 pm
Pyper snickered. “I know, right? Sucks to be you.” At least carrying laundry was moving, even if it too was repetitive and boring. “I need some help folding this sheet, if you want a break?”

She was generous like that.

The bedsheet was doubled in her hands, but it was close to dragging, and the weight of it was surprising. Or maybe that was from carting and folding so many herself for the better part of an hour. Either way, Pyper wanted to take it easy, and what better way than to bribe a guy to talk to her and help her at the same time!

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:37 am
"Mmhm. Yes. I'd be happy to take you up on that offer, thank you." A break would do him good, even if conversation was one of his weaker skills. Even if this candidate made him a little nervous. It took no more effort than usual to rise to his uninjured foot, and a moment later he stood before her, cautiously expectant.

"Ready when you are... uh... what would you like me to call you? I know your face, of course, there are just so many people around here that I misplace names."

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:01 pm
"Pyper," she provided with extra verve, like there was supposed to be something extra at the end of her name. Like a star symbol. "Okay, you get that edge, and..."

The folded sheets thankfully fit in her basket, and she sighed and wiped at her brow once it was set down. Not that she wasn't used to hot weather, but being inside without the wind made a girl with her massive locks heat up fast. Pyper fanned at her face.

"What they got you needling anyway?" she asked. "I can't handle that, needles. It's so boring sitting there already, and then you just p***k yourself and now you've got blood, and the thing gets stained, and it's soooo annoying. My mom tried to teach me how to mend stuff before I left, but I never got it."

Smerdle

medigel

Anxious Spirit

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas