Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Writer's and Reader's Corner
Cleaners (Action, Modern Fantasy, Alternate World)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:12 am
The big cities of the Old World were always a bright and vibrant part of everyday life; for some, they were a place to start a new beginning; for others, they were a place where memories thrive on a never ending journey where new memories can be made with many more to come, and for me, home. I dunno, maybe I just couldn't let it go in the end, or maybe there's an invisible force that's always drawing me back to them, though there's only one place I can call home, because here in the Big Apple, family has always been a big part of the city; plus the whole shenanigans of those living here but it mostly depends on everyone and varies sometimes even when you're not aware of it. I still kinda wish things were different though, because now, people used to live here, or to be honest, people used to live in the big cities.

It's been 5 years since the Apex incident, something that's just as deadly as the Black plague and the larger cities were hit hard before anyone could react, even if they did, there wasn't enough time for them to do anything about it. Sure modern medicine could've solved the problem, except there weren't any vaccines to have a head start against the virus. The only thing that made it worse was the fact people figured they ought to gather as much supplies to help last, yet the looting made the spread much worse and it didn't took long until 1/3 of the city population remained, minus the tourists, backpackers, vacationers, suits, and immigrants; actually they didn't even made it back home, some couldn't leave because of various factors keeping them in the city. Nowadays though, things are turning okay, but those who had to survive on their own in the big cities couldn't do much as move out of town, mostly because they've been living on scraps or because they figured it'll be too difficult for them to try a new start in life. But the upside that some who do tend to fall back down because of the trauma and the ordinary life they once had seemed impossible for them to get back to. Guess some people just couldn't handle it, me on the other hand, well I figured it's time people started an early spring cleaning. Mid February cleaning minus the hearts, flowers, and the occasional roaming love fairies or I dunno "Cupids"? Not that they don't try to liven up the mega ghost cities.

Still, there's always an attempt in finding a cure or the occasional healers who'd try to save those still infected, but for everyone's safety, hazmat and medical tents are the only things that still line the outer walls of the cities. Those who wanna die peacefully would only go to the tents to at least feel less pain before they pass soundlessly on a gurney and having their corpses turned to ash after a series of lye submersions and embalming process that usually takes over a month. Not the cheapest way, but it's still an effective way to contain the virus, though it's more hard for people who're visiting old graves to pay their respects. Modern medicine may have the ability to improve everyday life, but there are times were it can't save em against something it wasn't "designed" to handle and the Ministry of Restoration don't have an effective spell to teach that can "cure" people and have them virus-free, but they still try even though it's mostly an aim for funding.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:46 pm
F-XylilShrink
The big cities of the Old World were always a bright and vibrant part of everyday life; for some, they were a place to start a new beginning; for others, they were a place where memories thrive on a never ending journey where new memories can be made with many more to come, and for me, home. I dunno, maybe I just couldn't let it go in the end, or maybe there's an invisible force that's always drawing me back to them, though there's only one place I can call home, because here in the Big Apple, family has always been a big part of the city; plus the whole shenanigans of those living here but it mostly depends on everyone and varies sometimes even when you're not aware of it. I still kinda wish things were different though, because now, people used to live here, or to be honest, people used to live in the big cities.

It's been 5 years since the Apex incident, something that's just as deadly as the Black plague and the larger cities were hit hard before anyone could react, even if they did, there wasn't enough time for them to do anything about it. Sure modern medicine could've solved the problem, except there weren't any vaccines to have a head start against the virus. The only thing that made it worse was the fact people figured they ought to gather as much supplies to help last, yet the looting made the spread much worse and it didn't took long until 1/3 of the city population remained, minus the tourists, backpackers, vacationers, suits, and immigrants; actually they didn't even made it back home, some couldn't leave because of various factors keeping them in the city. Nowadays though, things are turning okay, but those who had to survive on their own in the big cities couldn't do much as move out of town, mostly because they've been living on scraps or because they figured it'll be too difficult for them to try a new start in life. But the upside that some who do tend to fall back down because of the trauma and the ordinary life they once had seemed impossible for them to get back to. Guess some people just couldn't handle it, me on the other hand, well I figured it's time people started an early spring cleaning. Mid February cleaning minus the hearts, flowers, and the occasional roaming love fairies or I dunno "Cupids"? Not that they don't try to liven up the mega ghost cities.

Still, there's always an attempt in finding a cure or the occasional healers who'd try to save those still infected, but for everyone's safety, hazmat and medical tents are the only things that still line the outer walls of the cities. Those who wanna die peacefully would only go to the tents to at least feel less pain before they pass soundlessly on a gurney and having their corpses turned to ash after a series of lye submersions and embalming process that usually takes over a month. Not the cheapest way, but it's still an effective way to contain the virus, though it's more hard for people who're visiting old graves to pay their respects. Modern medicine may have the ability to improve everyday life, but there are times were it can't save em against something it wasn't "designed" to handle and the Ministry of Restoration don't have an effective spell to teach that can "cure" people and have them virus-free, but they still try even though it's mostly an aim for funding.

This sounds interesting!  

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:51 pm
hehehe, well it's kinda something that happened in the world Akatia is in, all the heavily populated cities like Tokyo to the Big Apple was affected. Still in the same timeline as our characters and the only big city that wasn't afflicted are the one in continent of Akatia, whether it's because of the lack of industrial areas or the lack of gas emissions, the major cities in that continent are the only ones still heavily populated.

But that doesn't stop me from writing a few stories about things going on else where in the world. I even though about adding another RP where the character of this story is trying his best to clean up the city even though it's a dangerous task.

DragonMistress07

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:16 am
F-XylilShrink
hehehe, well it's kinda something that happened in the world Akatia is in, all the heavily populated cities like Tokyo to the Big Apple was affected. Still in the same timeline as our characters and the only big city that wasn't afflicted are the one in continent of Akatia, whether it's because of the lack of industrial areas or the lack of gas emissions, the major cities in that continent are the only ones still heavily populated.

But that doesn't stop me from writing a few stories about things going on else where in the world. I even though about adding another RP where the character of this story is trying his best to clean up the city even though it's a dangerous task.

DragonMistress07

Really? Sounds cool.  

DragonMistress07

Fashionable Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

InKeyedFantasy

Interesting Hellraiser

9,325 Points
  • Guildmember 100