Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[Witzend R] Teaing Off (Gan, Isaac) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:40 pm
Quote:
This is a DAY prompt only:

Rumor has it that the Dormouse Cafe is the place to go if you're looking to trade secrets or information. Therefore it's an appealing location to pop into and visit but it's tricky to navigate how to barter with someone for secrets so, as one of your first ventures into the cafe, you try to watch and observe. People are definitely aware of you, so you probably want to watch what you're saying.

Gan had been taking a walk through the city, getting the lay of the land, as it were. For the most part staying out of the way of people and goings-on. Not that he was the sort to be trampled underfoot, or anything. He was well built, confident, and certainly not small. But still. Better to not make a scene.

After a while of exploration, and finding nothing of particular interest, he decided to visit a café he’d heard mention of a few times: The Dormouse Café. He thought the imagery of mice was not the best for a restaurant…

…But best not to question the English.

So, after some waiting, and jostling crowds, he actually managed to secure himself a table. There was space for a person or two more there, but just him alone suited fine. He sat himself down, and got situated to watch the crowds, and listen. Perhaps he’d hear something of use.

He didn’t expect it, to be honest, rumors notwithstanding, but people watching was not a bad way to pass the time while sipping tea.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:13 pm
Currently in between missions Isaac had decided, rather than staying at the hotel, to go back out and familiarize himself with the city some more.

As more reports came in from the other agents there seemed to be a growing list of notable locations mentioned in various newspapers and magazines for them to investigate on their own time. There was a chance they were somehow connected to the senshi uprising in this city but a part of him was skeptical.

Nonetheless, Isaac had some time and intended to use a few of those hours looking for a nice trinket to bring back to Vera as an apology for leaving so abruptly; that was until he saw a familiar face through the glass of a cafe window. While he unfortunately did not know the man’s name, he did at least recognize him from the initial meeting in the conference room at the Crimson Hotel.

Curiosity struck him then; was he chasing a lead perhap? Did he have information on something that had not been shared yet? Either way, it wasn’t the wisest of things to be wandering along in a foreign city and so, he decided to go inside to see what his comrade was upto and maybe join him for lunch.

“Mind if I join you?” Isaac casually asked as he approached Gan from behind. The place was rather loud and chatting but he was certain the man had heard him.

Tolin Kalin

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:59 pm
Gun shifted as someone approached, and then appraised the man briefly before nodding. “Certainly,” he replied, gesturing to one of the open seats. He didn’t really know who he was talking to, truth be told, but he was pretty sure it was one of the agents on this mission of theirs.

As the other man sat down, he would offer carefully, with only a slight accent , “I don’t believe we’ve been properly introduced.” He nodded once. “I am Gansükh, although most people these days call me Gan.”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:11 pm
He reached a hand across the table to shake Gan's hand "My name is Isaac. It's nice to actually formally meet you."

It seemed a tad bit strange that they didn't have an initial group meeting back in the Dark Kingdom or someplace in Destiny City before departing but given the time frame he supposed it couldn't be helped.

"Are you waiting for someone or are you just out familiarizing yourself with the city?" Which is what he himself had been doing, up until a few moments ago at least.

Tolin Kalin

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:17 pm
“No,” Gan replied, shaking his head once their shake was done. “I heard this was a good place for...’rumors’, and since I’ve been observing this city, it seemed,” he shrugged. “Sensible, I guess would be the word.”

He gestured around. “A tea house is not something I’d have expected to be the life of a town, but I suppose it’s the English we’re talking about here, isn’t it?” He lifted the teapot he had at his little table. “Speaking of which, tea?”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:40 pm
Isaac held a hand up and shook his head. “No thank you, water is fine for now.” In truth, he really wasn’t that big on tea. Most were too bitter, while others were a bit tasteless. There were a few exceptions of course but it wasn’t exactly the season for either of those.

“I’m surprised you don’t have a laptop or tablet with you.” Something to take notes within case a piece of gossip drew his attention. Then again they could always just use their cell phones to record conversations of they felt it might be relevant to their missions.

“How are you holding up?” He asked knowing that some individuals were still fighting off the aftereffects of jetlag while others were already setting out on missions.

Tolin Kalin

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:39 am
"I don't have one, actually," Gan replied. He pulled out a couple year old smartphone of some sort. "I do have this, and I have an old desktop back in DC," he went on. "My usual job doesn't exactly pay a lot, and I haven't had much need of either thing."

It took him a moment to figure out exactly what he was being asked about, but then gave a nod. "I'm doing alright. I've gone half way around the world...a few times, so this is rather light by comparison. That said, I believe they have coffee here, if that's more your preference."

Shanyume

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:04 pm
“That would probably be a good idea, honestly.” It’s not that he needed the caffeine but something warm would definitely be nice. “I have to meet up with a few of our colleagues in about an hour.” Somehow he had been roped in to a group of all women, their mission objective was to scope out downtown and find evidence of senshi activity. He just hoped they were serious about their goal and not using this as a means to go window shopping instead.

It’s not that he held any ill will towards his fellow officers but he did find, over the course of his tenure with the Negaverse, that it definitely didn’t function the same way the US military did.

Isaac rose from his seat to get in line, “Can I get you anything to eat while I’m up?” It appeared they may have some breakfast pastries in the display up front.  

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:41 am
"Ah, yes," Gan replied with a small nod. "I am as well. It's sure to be..." He paused and considered his words carefully, not being sure of exactly who he was dealing with in the grand scheme of things, "an enlightening experience." He nodded.

"I'm fine with my tea, thank you," he replied with an appreciative nod, and took another sip. He also had a small scone on a plate missing a single bite.

By the time Isaac would return from his trip to get coffee and whatever else, there would be a couple less bites on his scone, and his teacup would be refilled (There was a tea pot on the table, after all).

Shanyume

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:00 pm
As he stood in line, Isaac listened to the on-going conversations at the nearby tables. While most of the customers spoke in their native tongue a few did speak English. Tourists much like what they were masquerading around as but without anything truly notable to say.

With a grande sized to-go cup in one hand, Isaac returned to the table and took a seat across from Gan. “So what had you traveling around so much?” He asked in reference to the other man’s comment about former frequent travels.

Isaac lifted the cup to his lips and tested the temperature before committing to an actual sip. A medium blend coffee with vanilla creme to mask some of the bitterness. It was actually pretty good compared to the chain coffee shops, such as Starbucks or Tully’s, back home.
Tolin Kalin

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:20 pm
Gan, too, was listening idly. As a speaker of multiple languages, there was a higher chance to catch things...but it was still mostly a jumble, and nothing of much interest, all told.

Really, he was mostly just considering the question of what these people might really be like...and how many of them were secretly controlling strange magical powers.

Hopefully not many.

As Isaac returned, he nodded lightly, and took another sip before he answered, "I hail from Mongolia," he replied calmly. "And I had the opportunity to come to America to attend University. Then, most fortuitously, another opportunity to work there. And, somehow, that means I now find myself here." He gestured toward the room idly with his teacup. "The world always proves to be strange and mysterious."

"And what of you? You are American, I would guess."

Shanyume

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:01 pm
“I am,” Isaac took a sip of his coffee then set it on the table and held it between his hands to warm them. “I joined the U.S. military shortly out of high school and as such, I’ve been deployed and restationed nearly a dozen times overseas.”

“Due to an incident that happened a little over a year ago, I was brought back stateside and reassigned to a new unit. It’s been an adjustment,” he admitted. Vera, for all her quirks, had been one of the biggest contributing factors that kept him from slipping into the depression of what happened that day.

Thankfully he still had a use to the military, as well as the Negaverse, and had not been simply shunted back into civilian life. Because he wasn’t entirely sure he could be satisfied with a simple desk job.

Tolin Kalin

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:58 am
“I see,” Gan replied with a nod. The vagueness of what he was told suggested that the man didn’t wish to explain in detail, and so he chose to not pry on that point.

Instead, he chose a different direction. “I am very new to this...organization of ours,” he said, deciding against directly saying the name. Walls with ears, etc. “I’m still not really sure what to make of it all, honestly, but it’s quite fascinating... Have you been part of it long?”

Shanyume

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:12 pm
“Not long, just shy of a year almost.” Long enough to participate in a handful of missions including one that took him deep into the Rift where youma obeyed no one; not even the Sovereigns had any control over them.

As long as things remained on course Isaac hoped to earn a promotion before the end of the year. That is assuming the Stibnite felt he was ready for it, then again not even she knew that he was here. Labyrinthite had recruited him for this mission based on his credentials and by recommendation from his assigned General.

“There are areas that could use improvement.” One of the comments a General had made during their mission had infuriated him to the point of almost hitting the man. But Isaac knew his place within the ranks and simply let him believe his opinion was right. “When we return home I aim to propose some training procedures.” He wondered if Gan would be interested however, given where they were at, he didn’t want to go into too much detail on what he had planned.

Tolin Kalin

Shanyume

Anxious Friend

Tolin Kalin
Crew

Dapper Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:56 am
"That would be wise, I think," Gan replied, and then explained, "I am a professor, you see, and the amount of...uncaring of what is the world actually like around is somewhat startling to me. Everyone is better off knowing, I believe."

He sipped his tea before going on, "I have received some training, but it has been fairly minimal. It is perhaps a lucky thing I am already well versed in martial arts."

Though he had not had much opportunity to make use of that knowledge, he was certain it would come in handy before too long.

Shanyume

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces