Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Best restaurant Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:39 am
Okay, I have a thread like this in another guild and the idea is to name good places that you have gone out to eat at so that we can see about all the wonderful places there are out there.

You know there are cooking shows that rate certain restaurants, but what about personal experiences from everyday people?

Lately, I went to a place called Hathaway's diner where I had an awesome grilled cheese sandwich with fries and gravy. Of course a lot of us like KFC or McDonalds...so common places like that we already know are good. Places that are famous world wide don't really count.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:02 pm
From the Chicago area, I would recommend the Papagus restaurant near the stadium (Chicago Bulls 🏀 basketball court). I drool when I think of their Grecian swordfish shish-kebab.

I would also recommend pizza 🍕 from the area - too many to name all!
Papagus lets kids add their own toppings.  

Esme Marie Cullen

Sparkly Vampire

35,975 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Master Converter 500

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:31 pm
Good suggestion. A restaurant that I like that I've been to in St. Albert, Alberta, Canada is called Atlantic Kitchen. Best pork chops with fries and gravy there. They also have very good fish.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 8:42 pm
There's this restaurant in Amsterdam where the waiters and waitresses sing to you between serving! And they can SANG! My mom and I found it by chance just because we were in the area around dinner time and the one we picked was closed. We were getting worried because things closed earlier that day and we were dependent on public transportation, but those serenades were worth it. I'll have to see if I can find the name for you. It's an Italian restaurant.  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Terrance_Nicolas_Bogard

Skilled Gaian

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:37 pm
Different...Very.
There's this restaurant in Amsterdam where the waiters and waitresses sing to you between serving! And they can SANG! My mom and I found it by chance just because we were in the area around dinner time and the one we picked was closed. We were getting worried because things closed earlier that day and we were dependent on public transportation, but those serenades were worth it. I'll have to see if I can find the name for you. It's an Italian restaurant.

Awesome! I honestly haven't tried anywhere recently because of this pandemic, but it'd be nice for some suggestions for after its over.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:11 pm
3nodding 3nodding I have been dreaming of some sushi when everything calms down 3nodding 3nodding  

Nearly__Naked

Loyal Sage

9,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:27 pm
Yin Hai has the best sweet and sour chicken combo plate here in michigan , in my town of marshall  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:57 pm
Sai Woo has some pretty good chinese food.  

william-tyler

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:17 am
R. Thomas Deluxe Grill in Buckhead Atlanta, GA is one of the best places. It's a vegan-friendly restaurant with the full menu (so meat is available) that sources locally. It sticks out of ths posh Buckhead vibe with its psychedelic eclectic decor, but it's 24-hour healthy eating which is helpful when you're trying to stick to a clean diet but don't wanna cook at 2am.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 pm
Neat! A restaurant that I like is Canton Wok. Its a decent chinese food place.  

Ochru

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:54 am
denny's diner has the best burgers and fries !  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:22 am
There's a place called Slutty Vegan that opened up. it's not a sit-down, pick up only, but for some reason the line is always long. They make sloppy vegan burgers and fries with locally sourced sodas and desserts. They keep the wait line entertained over the loud speaker and they rotate their menu daily, so you have to come back to try everything they have to offer. I hope they're still open; I want to return for a second time  

Different...Very.

Distinct Dabbler

16,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Team Josie 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Clove Boheme

Allied Explorer

8,600 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:37 pm
We had the Greek pizza from Maroni's Restaurant in the 1000 Islands, in Canada. We got it delivered for my birthday. Sooooo good! yum_pizza  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:21 pm
Clove Boheme
We had the Greek pizza from Maroni's Restaurant in the 1000 Islands, in Canada. We got it delivered for my birthday. Sooooo good! yum_pizza

Capital Pizza has greek pizza. They put the ham underneath the cheese instead of on top and they make the pizza square and not round.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 1:07 pm
I hardly go out to eat in restaurants. The type of food I most frequently purchase would be your typical fast food like McDonalds, or big name like Cheesecake Factory (only once), buffets, or your typical Chinese/Pizza takeout. I have gone to a couple of places that would advertise themselves for quality/freshness, and being all hipster/trendy. The atmosphere and pricing are pretty telling, especially in downtown city area (Boston). I don't know why though, they often fall flat for me. I guess what people consider as "fancy" doesn't suit my tastebuds. sweatdrop

There is this one small restaurant nearby my area/neighborhood though. It snuggles in this small parkway, sharing space with two other shops or so (a pizza shop and a small grocery market shop). Said shop most likely been there for years, and probably ran by the same group/family of people for decades. I could tell by the "family" atmosphere between the staff members and customers. I often drive past that area because of work, running an errand, or heading to some party and whatever else I have to be, so I haven't been paying much attention to it.

My brother took us there one day, and I was pretty impressed. Scrambled/sunny-side egg options, pancakes, sausage, hash browns, and fries are the options for our typical American breakfast menu. The food isn't one of those "five star gourmet flavor" or "foodies would love to post pretty pictures" type of foods. But if there's one standout thing about it, it is something you would call "taste of home". It tasted "homemade", as if someone's mother, aunt, or grandma were the ones in charge of the kitchen/cooking. Now THAT's something you don't often get when eating out in restaurants.  
Village Commons

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff