Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP] May you lend me your ear (Milas x Pehmea)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm
He had recently gone and become a reaver all because he had been goaded by his half brother to do so. It wasn't his aspiration in life, he wanted to be a law speaker because knowledge was something he valued a great deal. He had heard great things of Pehmea, one of the newest law speakers in the pride and had decided to seek her out, her goals were much like his own and he hoped he'd be able to persuade her to allow him to become one.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:07 pm
Pehmea was minding her business, mulling over personal matters. She had her paws full now with this burgeoning insurrection led by herself and Ragnvald and his friend Vigdis, a lioness who had a personal vendetta against Ushindi, the new Warlord. It was all very dramatic, but very important to Pehmea personally. Other than that, she had her apprentice Ragnvald who was set up now to become a full-fledged Lawspeaker in the coming days. As soon as he determined he was ready, she thought he already had what it took to take up the mantle of the position. He was more than ready - he just tended to doubt himself. With that wrapping up, Pehmea was about to find herself with a lot of free time on her paws. Something that she was dreading, considering how what else she had to fill her brain with. She could really use something else calm and steady within her life.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Spotting Pehmea a distance away the younger male made his way towards her, head held high as he was excited to begin this venture in his life. "Pehmea! May I have your ear for a moment?" Asking as he walked closer towards the dark female. Not wanting to get too close as to crowd her he flicked his tail behind him as he hoped she wasn't too busy.  
Pehmea turned, hearing a gruff voice call her name. When she spun around, she was faced with a large, deep red lion, one that she thought she vaguely recognized as one of the new Reavers. What could he have for her today? Her mind moved forward, thinking of all the possible arguments this lion could be involved in that would require her help. Many times, it was spats about who owned which Thrall in coming back from a Viking - those could be messy. Either way, with the extra time on her paws thanks to Ragnvald's (hopefully soon) passing into Lawspeakership, she had the resources to deal with a new problem. "Yes, hello," she said softly, suddenly feeling a bit tired. She raised her eyes to his, trying to recall his name, but her mind failing on her (only this singular time, of course). "What is it I can do for you...?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:08 pm
When the female turned to face him it pleased him a great deal to hear that she was available for him to discuss his servitude towards being a Law Speaker. At least she wasn't on her way off somewhere, if that was the case then he'd of been having to either wait for her to accomplish her tasks for the day or seek out a different one.

"Would you mind allowing me to apprentice with you to become a Law Speaker?"

While the question was simple he knew the answer wasn't likely going to be. Though that could just be his doubt's about it being harder than one might think it would be. Still, he was eager to learn and was very interested in the politics of the pride that had had long since called home.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:39 pm
At Milas' question, a playful smile placed itself upon her lips. It was almost kismet. With Ragnvald soon heading off to do his own thing (although she was sure they would remain close, she quite liked the orange-haired oaf), she was about to have much more free time on her paws. And as she saw it, it was her pridal duty as Lawspeaker to open herself to training the next generation of speakers. Unfortunately, she did not know the male in front of her, so she couldn't say yes just yet. "Name? And please, tell me a bit about why the path of the Lawspeaker interests you." She spoke softly and kindly, as she usually did. She was definitely one of the softer lions within the pride, but she could be a hardass when necessary - but now didn't seem quite like the time.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

He supposed leading off with who he was would have been an ideal way to start. "Milas, Reaver son to Captain Ragnvard and Freeborn Bhumi." Giving a dip of his head as he gave her his formal title.

"I was born outside these lands so I've knowledge of the outside world as well as what I've learned while living here. I wish to further my knowledge of our home and better understand the rules that govern our lands and the lions within them." It was an almost elaborate response but he hoped it it was good enough a reason at any rate since it was the only reason he wished to become one, that and perhaps help change the laws in the future one day perhaps?  
"Milas," she repeated, nodding at his own head dip. It was a good name, and he seemed like a good lion. Her eyebrow quirked at him calling himself a Reaver - she thought she recognized him as one of the newer Reavers, but this just confirmed it. His reasoning was sound. Where there was passion with quirky little Ragn, Milas had a pragmatic sense to him, she felt. It would serve him well in the role to be sure. "It is a great home to be sure," Pehmea said with a smile. "But I'm curious - you have quite a few Lawspeakers to choose from. Why me?" She usually asked the same questions to would-be apprentices, she found, and she enjoyed hearing each and every answer, particularly to this one. Who didn't enjoy a little ego stroking?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"I hear you have a lot of the same views I have. Though I doubt many of the views are widely known." Not trying to call her out on the whole females need the same rights as males thing that was floating around, besides he had been in the pride when there were female warlords SO, he had seen both sides of the coin.

"That really was one of my only reasons for seeking you out." Sure there were many more who had a greater amount of time in the position, he just wanted to learn from someone who wasn't close minded.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:40 pm
At Miles' comment about their views, a glint flashed in Pehmea's eyes as she glanced back over at him, a sly smile working its way across her face. When the Daughters first came about as a conversation between herself and two other lions, she was fearful of others finding out. The penalty for what consumed her thoughts these days was quite clearly death. But after their first convening of all the strong lionesses (and lions) that supported the idea of reverting back to the old ways, she began to grow bolder in every sense of the word. She felt newly empowered.

"Well." she started, pretending she was thinking long and hard about the decision. In reality, he'd already captivated her. She was more than happy to bring on a new apprentice as her old one, Ragnvald, grew up and out of the role and started to take on actual Lawspeaker work, such as mediating arguments and the like. "I think..." she looked down at her paws, then back up at him. "I think, if you believe you have what it takes to be my apprentice, then I'm sure I have what it takes to be your mentor." She flashed him a big, toothy grin. "Welcome on board."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:41 pm
In reality the seconds she took to answer him were quite quick, but in his mind they were forever. "I will not let you down, just as I'm sure you won't let me down. I hope together we can pave the way for the future." Not to mention the things he would learn about the past of this place, he was beyond excited and couldn't wait to tell his sister and mother. "When can we start?"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:57 pm
Pehmea smiled, enjoying the eagerness the male before her - her new apprentice - displayed. That eager attitude would do him well in his studies with her. She quirked a brow and responded, "why not start right now?" And with that she turned tail and started stalking off, not waiting for him to follow as she began to monologue. "The job of a Lawspeaker isn't an easy one, and it is never done with light thoughts. Everything must be analyzed and heavily purposeful..."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:57 pm
Thrilled to be able to start sooner than later he followed along after her, listening intently as she spoke.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games