Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands
[PRP-LOG] A Valkyrie among Captains? (Valka x Ifrit)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:04 pm
It was really her own doing for not having sought out the position sooner but her litter that was now grown had sorta been the reason she hadn't stepped forward to claim the title of captain sooner. There was just so much going on that she failed to realize that the opportunity might not be around forever, so here she was, looking for someone who'd been around the pride long enough to have enough merrit to warrent her the title of Valkyrie. She didn't want just ANYBODY, she wanted someone who was a legend among the prides, or at least someone who wasn't fresh from the womb.

Ifrit had recently returned to the pride and she had heard the lion had been around a while and seen a thing or two. He sounded perfect. Scars littered her body from the countless duels and battle's she'd fought in outside of their homeland as well as within and she walked proudly, unashamed of her status within the pride. While she wasn't a Reaver anymore she still worked hard to be where she was now and to provide for her growing family.

"Captain Ifrit, may I have a moment of your time?" She asked as she approached the red lion.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:04 pm
Anozira soared above, her beady eyes watching as a dark form headed their way. Her eyes narrowed as she cawed, alerting her owner of the possible interaction, before flying down to a perch above him. Surely enough, the darker female had made her appearance, and stepped right up to Ifrit.

The bright lion glanced at the female, aware from his falcon she was coming. He gazed over her scarred form, quirking an eyebrow. At least she asked for a moment of his time, instead of just assuming he would give it.

The Captain turned around, facing over. She was a comparable size to him, though he might have edged her out height wise slightly.

"From the scars that litter your body, to the way you walk and approach others, it seems you would like to make a request from me, hmm?" Ifrit had been asked by multiple parties if he would sponsor them. And most had been turned down, not able to give him a valid reason why they deserved him. Maybe it was a cocky thought? But Ifrit prided himself, and he'd be damned if he went on another viking just for it to end like his last one had.

"What is it?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:05 pm
At least he was going to allow her this brief moment to speak to him. "Due to changes within the pride I've found myself in a position, one that has led me to ask a great deal of you." Keeping her eyes upon his own and his face as she spoke she gave a small bow of her head towards the great Captain to show her respect to the feat's he'd accomplished in his years in their lands. "I would request the chance for you to sponsor me. I've been on many vikings in my youth and while I am not as seasoned as you or many other Captains within the lands I have had my fair share of guts and glory. I don't ask this of you so that I can have the honor of a title, but because I have the guts to take action when needed and prove I am a trusted and valued member within this pride."

She was prepared to do whatever she could to show him that she wanted this position not for it's title, but because it was what she truly was. A leader, a commrade, a seasoned fighter who would do anything to put the pride first, even if it meant her own life coming to a gruesome end.

Though she doubt'd she'd have to die to earn the title. She would duel him if he wanted to see how strong she was or even duel someone else while she watched. Truly she was uncertain as to whether or not he cared a thing about the words she had just spoken to him.  
Of course. Ifrit figured it. The words came to no surprise to the Captain as she explained herself. All the females that had come to him had said the same thing. Many vikings, guts and glory, all of it. He shook his head, tired of the female charade. Did they have a script they kept in secret? How many Captains were sponsoring the shield maidens now with the words?

"If you had been on many vikings in your youth, why did you not rank up with one of the female War Lords were around to help you?" It was a mere question of curiosity, although his tone made the words come out sarcastically.

"What males respect you in this pride?" He wanted to know names of some lions. If she was a valued member of the pride, surely that meant she was well known.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"I foolishly believed I would have the time to do so, but as I am a female I sired children and as I was not fit to fight and carry on with the trips I raised them into reputable members of the pride instead of taking the title when it would have been easier for me to grasp. I believe the fates have wished it to be this way so I'm not ill-willed at the fact I missed the chance during easier times. If I am honored with the position when there is opposition then that says more about my character than if I had been grandfathered in." Her less than simple reply.

Taking in a breath she counted the names upon her mind before speaking them, "The following males I've led on vikings in the past to help them gain their respectable ranks within the pride today. Reaver Cherub, nephew of Cap- Valkyrie Sabia, Son of Freeborn Chernabog and Freeborn Suricata; Reaver Raizen, son of Captain Ragnvald and Freeborn Rieseln; Reaver Milas, Son of Captain Ragnvald and Freeborn Bhumi and Reaver Njord, Son of Demi-God Areoiris and Reaver Anika, my brother." Those were probably the most notable names of the few she was and had been responsible for in her past.

If there were other's she didn't remember their names anymore because they went on their one and called it a day so that they could just have the title and sit at home.  
"A weakness to you females. Tell me, are the children of at least notable worth? Or are they bastards?" Another harsh question from the red lion. "Have any of them become anything more than just freeborn?" He was honing in on what type of lioness Valka was.

Leading males on vikings? What an interesting concept. To Ifrit, a male should not be led by females. Were they just weak minded individuals?

He listened as she rattled off names of pride members, catching note of some familiarity of them.

He nodded, almost approvingly. "Knowing just any old lion won't grant you clearance however. You have already mentioned a particular weakness that your gender has. Tell me, what would you do if you were caught by yourself in the rogue lands surrounded by lustful males? Would you bend to their will so you could live?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

"A weakness as it may be, but without it none of us would be here today." She was mearly stating the fact, not trying to override what he was saying. "The Father of my children was the Prince and Executioner in a pride that prided itself in sacrificing chosen one's to appease the God's. He was very skilled at fighting and good at killing things, his sister is the queen of the pride he hailed from. So while my children are his b*****d's they are damn good Bastards." She wasn't going to just have any rogue sire her children.

"Yes, a couple of them have proven themselves and have chosen the path of Reaver or Shield Maiden." Of course one couldn't expect all of them to go the route.

"I would take as many down with me, for I would not be alive when they took me." Her answer was plain and simple, she would kill them and die in the process or come out victorious. No one would touch her unless she allowed it and she wasn't the type to allow just any to lay with her.  
"Regardless of what a male may tell you out in the roguelands, unless you have seen him in action he is nothing more than a rogue." Ifrit had not heard of a pride that sacrificed others, but the world was large, it wouldn't surprise him if one actually existed. "The only gods that need to be appeased are the ones that run through our blood." Well, at least he collectively used the term our to include Valka in it.

He had no prodigy, nothing to carry on his own line. So, while a weakness it was for the female to be burdened with cub, it was also a weakness on him for not having someone to pass his own lines on.

"Good paths." Reavers yes. Shield maidens...well, he'd have to get use to that.

He nodded at her next answer. Good. So she wouldn't lay with anyone if it meant life or death. Another approving answer for Valka.

"When is it you wish to go on a viking?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:07 pm
"You're asking me?" Ifrit asked with narrowed eyes. And here he thought Valka had been doing well in this meeting.

"It is not when I am ready. A captain is ready at even given notice. A shield maiden however, needs time to prepare I have come to find out. So once again," the red captain stalked up to Valka, verdant eyes staring straight into hers.

"When do you wish to leave." There was no question in his tone. It was a statement. Whatever her answer was, he needed to gather reavers to accompany them. If Ifrit was to take on a female in his party, he would balance it was having an additional three male reavers join. No freeborns.

He waited for a moment, about ready to turn away from the female if she stalled her answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:19 pm
"I wish to leave now. I was prepared to leave as soon as I came and sought you out." She said looking at him.

She had males on standby in case he had said yes. This was something she had been preparing for, for quite some time and to not be prepared at a moments notice for the opportunity to arise would have been foolish. While it wasn't a "right this second" sorta leaving she did have everything necessary on paw a short distance away, she had but to signal.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Ifrit nodded.

"Now is not an option." He enjoyed her enthusiasm however. "Be ready in three days. We will leave at dusk." Green eyes shifted up as he found a whistle leave his maw. The falcon companion watching the pair landing on his shoulder, just as he turned away.

"You may invite other reavers if you wish. Otherwise I will make sure we have enough to accompany us." Ifrit needed to find a band of lions he could depend on for raids now, if Valka brought any it could add to his list of potential.  
"I'll see you in three days read to go." Now to pick through her best males to bring with, she wasn't going to ******** this up, no way in hell. Watching them leave she turned and headed back the way she'd come, a smug smile upon her face.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas