Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:52 am
User Image

Eoana City Guard || Aldaine De'Fraye
[Where:] Abandoned building [With:] Gerot and Reynard [Feeling:] Exasperated and disapproving [Outfit:] Light combat attire
[OOC:]
╔═══════════════════

Aldaine’s ears perked up as he heard Reynard step out of the shadows. In truth, he felt a bit surprised as he’d have expected Reynard to outright charge at Gerot with a murderous rage. However, it seemed Reynard too sought to look at the bigger picture, going out of his way to suggest an alliance between themselves as Gerot. However, Gerot was stubborn and Aldaine suspected that the old man had his own interests laid on the table.

True to his nature, all it took was a few words out of Gerot and Aldaine knew the suggestion of an alliance would go nowhere. It was all in the old man’s voice, such a disapproving and lecturing tone. The jaguar wasn’t surprised Gerot became defensive once Reynard came into view. Already he could see his former mentor scanning his surroundings for possible signs of ambush. However, in no way did the potentiality of such a threat stop Gerot from stating his intent. Aldaine’s expression turned to one of blatant disgust at Gerot’s words, for Gerot was only concerned about taking Arthur out of the equation, instead of trying to prevent Rhysian’s plans from coming to fruition. The very attitude of his mentor was enough to ire Aldaine, to the point where his sword hand was itching. However, a fight would benefit no one at this time. Gerot had offered a truce, he had stated his intentions and made them clear. Before Aldaine and Reynard even had a chance to respond, Gerot had already turning and exited the building, blending into the shadows. The old mentor’s last bit of information was for Aldaine to find him once the location of Arthur was discovered, and with that, the building faded into silence.

Aldaine found himself tiredly putting his face in his hand. “Damn it, Gerot…” he thought to himself in frustration. How ironic, Gerot preached to Aldaine of larger threats, that this was not about the two of them anymore, yet the old man still put his own interest of recovering his lord before the very immediate threat that was Rhysian De’Valaer. Aldaine spoke aloud, “Huureeeggghh…that old fool…so set in his ways…” Aldaine paced as he spoke, addressing Reynard, “Recovering Arthur might hinder the progress towards De’Valaer’s ambitions, but if we don’t find a way to stop him permanently, he’ll only find another way to destroy Trendel, as well as the rest of the world. Why doesn’t he see that?!” Aldaine could only hope that Gerot was feigning ignorance to how much of a threat De’Valaer was and had some ulterior plan that he hadn’t wanted to share with him and Reynard.

Speaking of which, Aldaine looked to Reynard and sighed a bit. The jaguar was clearly tired. Exhausted was an understatement. He had not gotten much sleep as of recent and it was starting to show. “I am sorry Reynard. I wasn’t aware that he had been following me. I had initially sought you out to see how you are faring, not for you to have had the displeasure of chatting to my former mentor…” Aldaine eventually pushed past the frustrations plaguing him and he refocused on the task at hand. “Well, looks like if he want his help, we’ll need to find my father…”

═══════════════════╝

Raiyun

The_littlest_dragonfly

Quote:

Quote:

Aldaine De'Fraye - [x]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:25 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Reynard knew that Gerot wasn’t going to jump at the idea of an alliance – they’d been trying to kill one another just the day before, after all. But at the same time, Gerot, the man who had helped orchestrate the extremist attack that had taken so many innocent lives was now asking something of them – to save the man behind that same attack and he had the audacity to act as if he was doing them a favor. Snarling, Rey flashed his canine’s, his fists balling tightly. If he had any indication that he could actually beat the man in a fight he might have gotten physical with him. But, alas, Rey didn’t have a death wish, so he kept his temper more or less tapped down.

“You ask for something and give nothing.” He growled as Gerot walked away, his head shaking in disgust. Yes, Gerot was a formidable opponent and one that Rey didn’t want to go toe to toe with again, but that didn’t mean that they were going to help him save the man that had decimated their city ‘just because’. Yes, Gerot had credible points – if Arthur was used to ignite the war, then that was an outcome that none of them wanted. However, Arthur had crimes that he needed to answer for…

Reynard was of the same mind as Aldaine spoke of his old mentor. Reynard had no doubt that Gerot was still around, waiting, listening to them. But it was just as well – he needed to know how they felt about all of this and it wasn’t positively. “Rhysian doesn’t need Arthur to start a war. He’s been planning this for far longer than he’s had Arthur as a pawn. No, Arthur is just a convenience at this point. He can speed things along if he has him to use to ignite ire between the Kingdoms, but even if Arthur was freed, Rhysian would just find another way to meet his goal.” Reynard said, with a heavy sigh, shaking his head and placing his hands on his hips.

“Gerot merely wants his Lord back. I don’t think he cares about anything else at this point.” He had to admire Gerot’s loyalty – he was doing everything he could possible manage to do to get the man back. Looking up at Aldaine as he apologized, he shook his head a little bit, running a hand through his hair. “No need to apologize, Aldaine. I suspect that even if you had been overly cautious, Gerot still would have found a way to tail you. He seems to hold a particular fascination with you…”

Sighing, Reynard shook his head. “I have searched the city for him over the last several months since the attack. If Arthur is being held somewhere on the island, he’s likely being guarded with magic. We have no idea what Rhysian is capable of…For all we know Arthur could be hidden in plain sight and we’d never know it.” Reynard didn’t even want to find the Trendelonian. Thinking for a moment, Rey frowned. “Varys might have an idea of where we should look, but even if we find Arthur would we want to hand him over after what he’s done? He has crimes to answer for, Aldaine.” Rey knew he didn’t have to tell Aldaine that, but he still felt the need to say it outright.

═══════════════════╝

Captain of the Eoana City Guard || Reynard Balgaire

Raiyun

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:05 pm
User Image

[Where:] Abandoned Building [With:] Reynard [Feeling:] Frustrated [Outfit:] Light Combat Attire
╔═══════════════════

Aldaine nodded at Reynard’s comments. He was glad to see his former Guard Captain seeing the situation from his angle, it brought some notion of consolation to know that Aldaine was blatantly just uttering mad rambles to himself. He took in what the fox shifter had shared. It was true, finding Arthur would be no easy task. Much as Reynard had stated, Rhysian was powerful and they barely knew what manner of conjurations the Court Mage was capable of in terms of his magical abilities. They certainly were out of this world or they seemed to be at least from what little Aldaine himself had witnessed. It was then Reynard brought up the aspect of whether or not they would even turn Arthur over to Gerot in the first place, the fox reminding the jaguar of the crimes his father still had to pay for. The memory of such acts brought further distress to Aldaine’s mind, and while he tried his best to hide it, his self-preservation was lacking recently. Covering his eyeline with his hand and rubbing it, he released a heavy, aggravated sigh, not at Reynard, but at the situation they found themselves in. “I know, Reynard…I know…”

Aldaine noticed a nearby piece of collapse stone, a good enough spot to take a seat. He decided to sit down and rest his legs a bit while he collected his thoughts. What should’ve been a simple task of getting his head in the game proved to be a significant challenge, which of course, only heightened his irritation, “This is all so much to take in…hmph, and now even Gerot is asking for information…pfft…as if he has the right after all that he’s done…heughh…but…my bitching about it will get us nowhere.,,” Aldaine raised his head to look at Reynard again, “Forgive me Reynard…the past few months have been…very restless…I’ve…not gotten much sleep…my head just feels like a mess at the moment…” If there were greater words to describe Aldaine’s dismay, he’d use them. Mentally exasperated was a more accurate phrase. However, as he had just said, getting upset would solve nothing, so he did his best to focus. Looking Reynard in the eye, he smiled a bit, “That’s not to say that I’m throwing in the towel…but rest assured Reynard…”, Aldaine’s tone would grow serious as he stood once more and walked over to the fox shifter, “If we deal with De’Valaer, and if we’re still alive, and those are big ‘ifs’, I have no intention of letting Arthur or Gerot go unpunished for their crimes. This “truce” doesn’t excuse them of anything.” Aldaine knew he was stating the obvious, but he thought it best that he reassured the fox shifter that he had not forgotten the full details of the situation. Yes, Aldaine knew that Arthur and Gerot, his father and mentor would have to answer for what they had done eventually. But, for now, they had the matter at hand to deal with.

Aldaine then donned a contemplative look, “Getting Varys’ take on this might be aa good call. After all, he’s the only one of us who is remotely close to Rhysian, but even then, we’re not even sure how much information Rhysian divulges to him. However, if there’s a chance that he may know, or even have a clues as to where Arthur is being held, it would be foolish not to take it.”

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Raiyun

Quote:

Quote:

Aldaine De'Fraye - [x]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:43 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Rey had suspected that Aldaine wasn’t getting enough rest - the poor man looked like he’d been through a physical, mental and emotional battle and he had. Crossing his arms over his chest, Reynard looked around them at the building, frowning deeply. This had been a good place to lay low and meet with his informants but now that Gerot knew about it he’d have to make other arrangements – meddlesome old man. Nodding at Aldaine’s words, Reynard looked at him as he stood again and approached him.

“Agreed. For now, we will keep our enemies close. If either of us is alive at the end of this, it will be that person’s responsibility to see justice is done.” For now, it was the best they could promise. In the meantime, they had a Trendelonian Lord to locate and a Valorian Court Mage to thwart; it was a short list but a very tall order.

“Varys has proven himself to Rhysian, at least to some capacity, with my death. He may be privy to details that can help aid us.” Thinking for a moment, Reynard sighed. “I’ll handle contacting him – I’ve slipped in and out of City Hall enough times over the last few months to know when and where to get in and out without being seen.” Not to mention Varys trusted him far more than he trusted Aldaine.

Nodding a bit, Rey looked Aldaine over a bit. Reaching out, he grasped the top of Aldaine’s shoulder in a friendly/brotherly way and squeezed. “I am sorry that I didn’t reveal myself to you sooner, Aldaine. I know that the guilt of my death weighed heavily on you.” That was an understatement, but still the truth. “Truth be told, up until the memorial I wasn’t mobile enough to make my presence known, even now I’m still not fully recovered, but this business cant wait on me.” It was hard to admit that – that he wasn’t as strong as he had been before, but after such a traumatic event, he needed time to recuperate.

═══════════════════╝

Raiyun

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:59 pm
User Image

[Where:] Abandoned Building [With:] Reynard [Feeling:] Exasperated and distraught [Outfit:] Light combat attire
╔═══════════════════

Aldaine listened to Reynard as he spoke, nodding in understanding at the former Guard Captain’s words. However, it wasn’t long before Aldaine felt Reynard’s hand squeezing his shoulder. Raising his head a little, eyes still fixated on the ground, Aldaine would listen further as Reynard apologised for not revealing himself to the jaguar sooner, how the guilt over his “death” was a heavy weight that Aldaine had been carrying, how Reynard himself had not fully recovered from the attack on the city four months ago. It was understandable to say the least…the words brought back memories…feelings…that caused Aldaine to respond in a way perhaps Reynard had not expected. Aldaine silently stood up once again and turned to face Reynard. For a brief moment, the jaguar merely gazed at the fox, until his brought his hand to the back of Reynard’s head and pulling the fox shifter close into a familial embrace, the former Guard Captain’s head now resting in the crook of Aldaine’s neck.

For a while, Aldaine stood there holding Reynard in a one-armed hug, before he spoke again, his voice calm, “There’s nothing to apologise for Reynard. I know that you acted for a greater purpose and for the protection of others. But, if it will ease your mind, I will forgive you of any transgression you think you may have committed against me. I am…also sure that you've had or perhaps still need to come to terms with what happened four months ago yourself…just as I and the rest if the city had too. I will never fault you for that.” Aldaine pulled away from Reynard as he looked the fox in the eye before continuing, “And always remember, that if you need help, I am always here.” It may have been obvious, but Aldaine felt that it needed to be said.

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Aldaine De'Fraye - [x]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:44 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

To think…He and Aldaine had been hardened enemies for many years. They’d nearly taken each other’s lives. Ant yet, now, they embraced as brothers. Pressing close, Rey hugged Aldaine tightly and let out a heavy sigh. Yes, they had been enemies, but hate could turn to love, and it had for them. They were brothers now, their bond forged in the darkest, hottest fires of war, triumph and loss.

As Aldaine spoke, Reynard felt a pressure in his chest ease. He knew that his former colleagues had all had different reactions to his loss and his return – Sarai’s reaction being the most volatile. But to hear that Aldaine held no ill feelings towards him was a great relief. Rey would not have blamed him if he had been overly upset or wanted to exchange a few blows over the deception. However, Aldaine didn’t seem to want to get physical over it, aside from the embrace they shared.

Leaning back, Reynard nodded and gave Aldaine a relieved look. “Thank you, Brother. Your support and trust mean the world to me.” There was no telling what would happen in the coming days but having his allies at his back made him feel more confident that they would stop Rhysian and his plot from reaching fruition. “We will guard each other’s backs and defend Eoana together, Aldaine.” Rey said with a determined, confident look and tone. Rhysian was a force to be reckoned with, but together they had a chance.

═══════════════════╝

Raiyun

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:44 am
User Image

[Where:] Abandoned building [With:] Reynard [Feeling:] Content [Outfit:] Light combat attire
╔═══════════════════

Words failed to describe how it felt to have Reynard standing before him again. Even though he had pulled away from their embrace, Aldaine could still feel the tight hold of Reynard’s arms around him. The jaguar never thought he would never hold the fox shifter in such an embrace, made incarnate by a bond equivalent to that if family, ever again. That day by the docks, he thought he had lost his Guard Captains, the man who he had met on the battlefield, the man who he had at one point tried to kill, the man who almost died trying to protect him, his friend and brother in arms. The mere thought of it nearly brought the jaguar to tears, but, he would not spoil the moment.

As he listened to the former Guard Captains words, Aldaine couldn’t help but release a quiet, warm chuckle as Reynard spoke. “You haven’t changed a bit. Here I thought I’d never hear those cheesy speeches from you again.” the jaguar replied in a light-hearted tone. Bring his hand to the side of Reynard’s face, he lightly patted the fox on the cheek and spoke again, “It’s good to have you back, Reynard.” Pulling away from Reynard, Aldaine then continued to address the current matter at hand. “Now, we can’t spend the whole day getting all sappy and emotional. We’ve got work to do. I’ll let you contact Varys and see what you can find out about where Arthur is being held. In the meantime, I’ll be scouring the city, in and around the area of the City Hall…” Aldaine then threw Reynard some form of carved wooden whistle. “That whistle is designed to make a very specific sound. If you sound it off around the city hall area, I’ll hear it.” Aldaine stated, tapped his feline ears, the pair of them flipping this way and that as he spoke.

“Good luck, Reynard…and stay safe. I’ll see you soon.” Looking up at the opening he had come through, Aldaine ran towards the wall and executed a series of jumps that brought him up to the building’s roof, where he exited the building, leaving the fox shifter to do as he would.

[-Aldaine exits Abandoned Building-]

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Aldaine De'Fraye - [x]

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 10:35 am
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Reynard arched a brow at Aldaine’s comment and smirked as his brother-in-arms patted his cheek in a sign of affection. “As if, that was heartfelt, it wasn’t cheesy.” He said in a good naturedly tone. Nodding a bit as Aldaine moved back, his arms at his sides. When Aldaine threw something at him, he easily caught it in his first and looked down at it curiously. “Cat whistle, eh? Classic…” Placing the whistle in his pocket, he chuckled in amusement.

“Keep yourself out of trouble, Al. I’ll see you later.” Even before he’d finished speaking Aldaine was showing off, scaling the side of the building and climbing up onto the roof. “Showoff…” He muttered in amusement – truth be told he would have done the same thing, but he had a different, more discreet route to take…

Slipping into the shadows, Reynard headed away from the abandoned building and toward City Hall…hopefully Varys could help him with their little conundrum…

[ - Exit to City Hall - ]

═══════════════════╝

Raiyun

ShinigamiWolves

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:27 pm
User Image

[Where:] Abandoned building [With:] Gannon and Eryli [Feeling:] Apprehensive [Outfit:] Light combat attire
╔═══════════════════

Aldaine entered the abandoned building with Gannon and Eryli following close behind. As he entered, Aldaine sniffed the air and kept his eyes attentive, making sure that his dear mentor hadn’t decided to pay another visit. As unlikely as it was, Aldaine couldn’t take chances. Now that he knew what Gerot’s raiment was, he couldn’t afford a lack of caution, especially with everything developing as quickly as it was.

Looking back at the headmaster and student, he sighed before addressing them. “We should be safe here for the time being at least, but that’s no reason to drop our guards. For now, we simply need to wait for our mutual friends to arrive.” Aldaine had no doubt that Gannon was gradually growing more irritated by the developing events. If the Court mage did grow restless, he’d simply need to keep him under control to the best of his abilities. Aldaine hoped Reynard and Diane would arrive safely. Despite recent events, it was difficult for him to ignore the concern he felt for his colleagues. What is more, he had no idea where Cyrus or Sarai were. He was calm for the most part, but some part of him inside was still a little unsettled. Regardless, he’d need to maintain focus. His eyes scanned the room in regular intervals, while looking over Gannon and Eryli to make sure they were alright.

It wasn’t long before a defeaning silence claimed the building, the bird’s merrily chirping outside, not a care in the world. Aldaine wished that they could say the same…

═══════════════════╝

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Chelly

Quote:

Aldaine De'Fraye - [x]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:35 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

[ - Enter Abandoned Building - ]

Looking around the decrepit building, Gannon’s gaze narrowed a bit in suspicion. This was not the place he had expected to be taken. It was open and any number of people could stumble upon the place and interrupt the supposedly secret meeting that this was supposed to be. Sighing, Gannon crossed his arms over his chest and looked at Aldaine with a bit of irritation and impatience.

“I didn’t realize that the City Guard was holding meetings in abandoned locations instead of government buildings, but given the circumstance, and the fact that a high official from Valor is involved in a scandal, I suppose I can see why we’d meet in a place like this.” At least no one would come looking for a building like this. Well, a beggar or a drunkard might…

As he stood waiting, Gannon touched minds with Brageet to check up on her. <<’My Love? Has anything else happened?’>> He asked, closing his eyes to listen to his beloved.

<<’It isn’t good, Gannon, Rhysian is claiming to be some kind of Immortal? Its hard to follow and I cant hear everything clearly, but its clear that he’s trying to stage some kind of coup…’>> Brageet said with mild irritation at the whole idea.

<<’What? An Immortal King?’>> That made absolutely no sense to him but then again, none of this made very much sense. Sighing, he shook his head a bit and opened his eyes to look at Eryli and Aldaine. <<’Keep a sharp eye…if you sense any danger, I want you to flee.’>> Brageet meant more to him than the information that she could garner from spying – he wouldn’t risk her life...

═══════════════════╝

Court Mage || Gannon Noble

Kefka Fanatica

Chelly Usagi

Shinigami Wolves

Raiyun

Voice of Aegis

Gannon Noble – [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:02 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

[ - Enter Abandoned Building - ]

Reynard and Diane weren’t far behind. They’d left the City Hall together and kept to the dark side streets, not wanting to be seen by prying eyes. After taking a few back ways and doubling back once just to be sure they weren’t followed, the pair stepped into the Abandoned Building to find a tense scene before him. Gannon looked mildly irritated with all that was going on and he didn’t blame the Headmaster in the slightest – this was all very unorthodox, but there was a reason for that.

“Sorry to keep you waiting.” He said as they stepped in. Rey made sure to step in after Diane and at a discreet enough distance that it didn’t look like they were a couple. “Now, first things first…” Gannon needed to know who he was, but Eryli didn’t which made things tricky. However, Reynard was aware of Gannon’s raiment and luckily for him, he knew how to poke at it to get the Headmaster’s attention.

Reaching out with his mind along their established link, he gave the Headmaster a slight nudge. Immediately, Gannon’s eyes went wide and locked onto him, suspicion, curiosity and a bit of disbelief in his gaze. “How in the…?”

<<’Who are you?’>>

Rey knew that Gannon likely had his suspicious already – not just anyone could do that to Gannon. Nope, you had to already have an established link with him. A link only Gannon could create.

<<’Hello, old friend.’>> when talking mind to mind there was no hiding his true voice and thus, as he spoke, Gannon’s eyes went wide and Rey could see them gloss over a bit with tears. Gannon clenched his jaw and swallowed, emotions flickering across his face.

Before Rey could stop him, the man came right up to him and grabbed him in a hug, holding tight. <<’You damn b*****d! You’ve been alive this whole time!?’>>

Rey hugged him back and nodded a bit. <<’Yes, I’m sorry Gannon, no one could know. It was Rhysian…he ordered me killed and I did nearly die, Diane found me and nursed me back to health…I’ve been working on thwarting the extremists and Rhysian ever since she let me out of my sick bed.’>>

Gannon discreetly wiped at his eyes as he stepped back from the embrace and Rey had to do a bit of the same. “Now…We all have some idea of how dangerous and powerful Rhysian is. What we need to figure out is a way to thwart his plans in the very least.”

As the group began to brainstorm about what could be done, Gannon seemed to zone out for a moment. Reynard knew that this happened when he was speaking mind to mind with someone from afar – likely Brageet. Keeping a close eye on his companion, he looked to Aldaine, Diane and Eryli for some input on what should be done. But not a short time later, Gannon seemed to come out of his trance to say something when a large blast could be heard emanating from the direction of City Hall.

“What the hell was that?!

═══════════════════╝

Raiyun

ShinigamiWolves

Chelly Usagi

Voice of Aegis

Kefka Fanatica

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:31 pm
User Image

⥏⥏ 𝐸𝓎𝓇𝓁𝒾 𝑅𝑒𝓈 ⥑⥑

Temper: Intermediate
_________________________________________________ _ _

~ Eyrli entered Abandoned Building ~

Her eyes was sharp as she took in her surroundings... Certainly one of the more shady places Eyrli has found herself in. Though given what seems to be happening it would be a safer place for meetups... Who knows how risky somewhere more official could have been right now. She looked to the City Guard and Gannon as they'd speak, sticking to listening for the time being. While she'd certainly prefer to have her thoughts shared it appeared better to allow them to do their thing instead of getting in the Court Mages way.

Next to arrive was the strange man from earlier, who was right away approaching Gannon and establishing a mind link, all the while she was watching as they were just watching each other in total silence... But she certainly did not miss the emotions that were building on the Court Mages face. Her gaze was locked on the men the whole time, as if staring hard enough was let her know what was happening. But as far as she was able to tell, judging by their embrace was that they were very close. At least able to identify whatever was happening as a good thing Eyrli found a smile creeping on her face. Finally something good amidst all this gloomy atmosphere! I wonder... Who is this guy... I thought Gannon did not know him..? Her mind wandered to his comment previously. Was he making it up? Her head tilted in confusion as the Elementor was picking her own mind for something akin to an answer.

The strange mans voice eventually broke the silence and focused back on the situation. ...Right... Tala, Lelyna... Her blue gaze fell to the floor. She still did not know if Lelyna was safe, on top of Talas kidnapping... Whatever was happening, Eyrli was convinced they were in danger. And true to the mans idea she had a rough idea just how dangerous Rhysian was. She had not seen much regarding the powerful Court Mage, but his actions on those few occasions certainly screamed that he was beyond what most were even near capable.

Eyrli's questions returned to mind though and she looked to Gannon with a serious stare. "...Tell me. Where is Lelyna..?" She'd hope he'd hear her as Eyrli was unable to ignore the question any more. The mystery gnawing in the back of her mind, the twisted feeling in her stomach. The girl prayed for a hopeful answer, that another friend was not involved in the events unfolding. "...And wh-" Her thoughts were brought to a halt at a sudden sound that boomed from the building where they ran into the two men, what sounded like an explosion... Her eyes went wide and Eyrli flicked her attention to the direction of the sound. Whatever that was... It was nothing good.

Her hands balled up into fists, her whole body shuddering on the spot. Eyrli wanted to go... To see with her own eyes that her friends were not harmed. By this point, part of the girl did not care in the slightest for her own safety... Not while there was a chance the people she cared so fondly for were in danger.

_ _ _________________________________________________

Mood: Desperate, Frustrated | Company: Gannon, City Guard, Diane, Stranger | Wearing: [Storm Brawler]

The_littlest_dragonfly

ShinigamiWolves

Chelly Usagi

Voice of Aegis

Interstellar Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Astral Veteran 100

Shinigamiwolves

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:43 am
User Image

[Where:] Abandoned Building [With:] Reynard and Company [Feeling:] Apprehensive, calm [Outfit:] Light combat attire.
╔═══════════════════

Aldaine merely observed as Reynard and Diane entered. He was relieved to see the two shifters safe considering the man they were currently dealing with. City Hall was indeed a dangerous location to find one’s self in at that moment. However, Aldaine had been mulling the situation over and over in his mind. The more he thought, the harder he found it to put the pieces together. Rhysian had summoned the nobles here. He’d taken steps to ensure that every one of the high noble families of Valor had been gathered here for some particular purpose. But what was that purpose exactly?

While Aldaine as well as the others were under the impression that they nobles were being held hostage…Aldaine couldn’t help but think…what if they weren’t? Rhysian was from Valor himself, claimed to be the Kingdom’s Royal Court Mage. Therefore…as Aldaine had spoken before at City Hall…it wasn’t beyond possibilities that these “hostages” may turn out to be allies. After all…it was only a mere few months ago…that they had dealt with a particular Trendelonian noble seeking to re-ignite war. Aldaine’s expression turned grim at the thought of his father. He wasn’t the only such noble to feel as he did, there were plenty in Trendel who would applaud what he did, though they may not be public about it. But…this man…Rhyisan De’Valaer…he was far worse that Arthur De’Fraye…low…pathetic scum who sought to wipe out an entire nation of innocents. All for what? Power? Pride in his nation? And what would he do then? Submit Valor to his will? Reign as a Tyrant no doubt robbing the lives of countless Valorian citizens who would oppose him? History was filled to the brim with men of the same mindset to De’Valaer, those who believe they have the right to control the world, self-absorbed arrogant fools who believe themselves above others. There was no doubt in Aldaine’s mind that Rhysian more than likely viewed himself, his knowledge and astounding magical power…to be on par with that of a God. And if it were so, De’Valar was nothing more than a sad, pathetic God who went out of his way to kill helpless, innocent children, and more than likely, much worse. The very thought of a man like him…it filled Aldaine with a burning murderous intent. While he’d want nothing more than to make Rhysian suffer, at this point, the suffering didn’t matter. Aldaine would feel satisfied enough knowing that the b*****d was dead and left for the maggots to feast on. Regardless of how much power he had, Rhysian need to have a weakness, nothing in this world is flawless and unstoppable. He had to be stopped. He couldn’t be allowed to live another day on his earth. Rhysian Fuerlain De’Valaer had to DIE!

At that moment, a massive blast could be heard from outside, the birds from the roof of the building scattering in response. Aldaine was instantly brought out of his enraged mental state and he grabbed his sword on instinct. However, taking time to re adjust his senses, he took a moment to think, realising that the blast had come from…“The City Hall…” was all he said, as he began to move towards the exit, addressing Reynard not stopping for a moment, “Diane, you and our friend here stay with Gannon and Eryli, I’m heading over to City Hall to monitor the situation.”
    If Reynard, Diane and Gannon wanted to scold him, or in Diane and Gannon’s case, pull rank him later, they could, but right now rank was the least of their concerns. With an explosion of that proportion, there was no telling what had happened, and it was best one of them went to observe the situation rather than all of them go and risk all their lives recklessly in the process. However, he stopped in his tracks…with the situation escalating as it was, they may need a new place to regroup. Looking towards Gannon, he spoke, “Gannon, with the situation being as dire as it is, we may need a place to regroup. Might you know of any secure locations to host another rendezvous?”

═══════════════════╝

the_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aeigs

Chelly Usagi

Quote:

Aldaine De'Fraye - [x]

Main City ➣Market District

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers