Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 pm
Life was a funny thing, born a thrall but adopted into freeborn by the old warlord, now a Priestess in training. The reaver life had never been her future anyway, so the fact she was about to do something that didn't require her to actually leave the pride had her in a pretty decent mood. It wasn't that she didn't want to leave, it was just she felt as though she could be better used in other ways, this being one of them.

"Astrid? Are you around here? I have some great news!" She wanted to tell him about her new position within the pride, even if it wasn't anything as flashy as Valkyrie, still Priestess was a pretty big deal. Since there were so few of them within the pride, so it made her feel sorta special.

"Where are yooooooouuuuu?" Calling out she looked for her friend.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 pm
Astrid had been hanging on top of a rock by himself, contemplating what to do next- His father, Midas had explained it was about time that he moved forward with his life and attempt a Viking. Astrid himself, had been avoiding this talk for some time and could feel his anxiety kicking in as his father spoke to him. Did he really need to prove his worth to the pride by going on a Viking? Couldn’t they overlook him? Ears flattening to his skull, Astrid sulked. He thought his father was different, how could it be that even he wanted him to try and be some big tough lion rather than his free spirited self.

Continuing to mull over his thoughts, Astrid rolled a stone under his paw absentmindedly- The sky was grey and promised rain, crazy lights now and again skittered above leaving him in awe. It was during one of the light shows that he had heard his friend calling to him.

Turning his head towards the pastel lioness, Astrid gloomily stared. She seemed in a much better mood than he that seemed definite. “Meria?” Attempting a half smile, Astrid gave up, allowing his pout to return as his paw continuously rolled over the stone.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 pm
Smile faded into a frown as she approached the male, his calling out had directed her towards him and she gave him a reassuring smile, in an attempt to cheer him up. "You okay? We can talk about it first if you want, my thing can wait." If something was troubling him she wanted to get it out in the open before laying her good news on him, especially if his news wasn't good.

Though it might not be that at all, she was aware of his emotional turmoil but that didn't phase her in the least bit when it came to being around him. Her feelings for him ran deep, she just wasn't sure what that meant just yet so she just liked to refer to him as her friend because she knew that much was true. "If you don't want to tell me that's okay, but I think you'll feel better once you talk about it?"  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:39 pm
His eyes were locked on hers from above, his tail flicking casually in annoyance. He wanted to complain but thinking about it just frustrated him more, “Tell me what you wanted to say, it might help me feel better.” It was a half-truth, part of him also wanted to avoid thinking about the situation all together and hearing her talk would definitely be a distraction for him.

Astrid still wouldn’t admit it, but this lioness was slowly sneaking her way into his trust circle, he felt like he could rely on her. Standing up, the lion discarded the pebble he was rolling and hopped down from his perch. Standing tall, he wandered over to the now very familiar face and stopped short of her, close enough to take in her scent.

“Well… Tell me your news then.”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 pm
Raising an eyebrow at his phrase and she shrugged her shoulders as if to say 'fine then, I'll go first' and gave him a smile. "You're looking at Myrsky Syntyt's newest Priestess." Beaming as she spoke the words this was honestly one of the first time's she'd been genuinely happy about something beside hanging out with Astrid.

"I mean, it's nothing as flashy as Warlord ya know, but it's a pretty big accomplishment I'd like to think, since we're only allowed so many." She had been quite shocked that there had been a position available. "So I may actually be busier than usual since I'll be tending to Priestess things and all that... But I can always make time for you." Not wanting him to think she'd ever blow him of or anything like that.  
He was quiet for several moments, contemplating what she meant when she said she would always make time for him. It seemed a bit silly, especially with such a high profile position, but he was still thankful. “What will the position entail for you?” He was genuinely curious, he hadn’t really spoken to a priestess before and honestly hadn’t thought much about them. To him, it was just a title- just like reavers and captains. It was all ladder climbing bullshit that he didn’t understand the point of.

“Will you be treated with more respect?” He wanted to know if she would be well taken care of when he was gone- Meria definitely deserves someone better than a cruel misogynistic a*****e that there seemed to be multiples of in the pride. There was also fear held close to him, would she be in the public eye more? Would that mean someone could take her fancy and wed her? …Why was he even thinking about this?

Shaking his head, Astrid frowned. “Either way, I am happy for you. You seem very proud of yourself.”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Did he know she was a seer? Not that it was THAT useful in her job since it wasn't like she could predict the future or anything. "Well, I'll be helping out in a number of ways, mostly by reading stones and also practicing herbal medicines." It had always been a curious thing to her, bone and stone reading, did those things actually work? She was about to find out first paw!

"I would think I would be treated with more respect, but who is to say.... This new warlord really ******** us females over but it is what it is." She had an out if it really got so bad anyway, her dad would easily get her out of this place but she didn't think she'd take it. There were too many she'd miss if she left.

"I am very proud, I believe my mom would be proud to...." voice trailing off she glanced past him into the horizon, wondering what her mother was really like. She only got glimpses, fragments whenever she had struck her father. If there was a way to trigger them she would, just so she could hear her laugh one more time.

"I'm glad you're happy for me, I think i'd be quite miffed if you were disappointed or thought I could do better."  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:51 pm
The lion simply listened to her as she let herself ramble, he found her conversation both comforting and curious. It seemed that Meria had found herself the perfect place in the stormborn. Letting his ears perk up at her mentioning of her mother, Astrid gently laid a paw on her shoulder. “I am sure she is proud of you, Meria.” He also stared into the distance now, contemplating how to break the ice. Letting out a soft sigh, Astrid decided the best way was the blunt way.

“I will be taking my leave soon here, following my father on a Viking. Honestly I really hate the idea of going, but my dad does make some sense. I can’t help and treat others fairly if I have no ranking. I need to earn respect, then my ideals can be heard.”

Astrid removed his paw from Meria’s shoulder and stood. “Thank you for the conversation.” Mismatched eyes shimmered as a small, sad smile formed on his face. “If I don’t come back… thank you.”  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 pm
"I'm sure she is..." Looking at him she gave a half smile and listened as he spoke.

A frown formed upon her lips for but a moment, and it was quickly turned into a smile. "Oh that's wonderful!" He truly wouldnt have to worry so much once he was a reaver within the pride.

Giving his shoulder a shove she glared at him, "don't you dare talk like that. Of course you're going to come back...." she wasnt sure what she would do if he didnt.  
“We both know this is a risk- Pretending there isn’t one would be insanity.” Astrid huffed, staring straight into Meria’s pink eyes. He could tell she wasn’t exactly happy with his news, but he couldn’t exactly do anything about it. He was already slated to leave and as much as he wanted to back down, he wouldn’t. It was time to grown, as his father had said.

“I should get going, Meria. My father will be waiting to train me.” Astrid took a few steps forward before turning back to look at her. “Meet me later tonight… It might just be me, but I want to confirm something with you.”

With that, Astrid took his leave- He had decided to tell her his feelings. Not now, but later, after sparring with her father and facing his sister and her mouth.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Sad eyes watched him walk away and she thought this moment might be the last time she saw him for a while, but he confirmed that he would still be here and for her to meet him. "I'll find you."

Watching him leave she found it hard so she turned and walked away.  
[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games