Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

This is a self RP between my Ulmaria and various others. Please don't post unless invited.

Silver's Teepee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:31 pm
Mental anguish was a terrible thing to suffer, especially when it was based on the one thing someone could never change. When she had appeared on these lands all those moons ago, she had no idea her appearance would be such a s shock to others. Vibrant coat of pink, with feathers to match weren't the issue apparently. It was the markings that graced her coat that shocked and horrified the herds she had come across. Their cries of 'freak' and 'monster' haunted her dreams and echoed in her head, never giving her a moments respite. What made her such a demon in their eyes? They had never met her before that moment, and yet that had determined she was a danger to their families… to their children. Her.
Stumbling through an orchard, the mare weaved between trees, searching for a safe place to hide… for the monster to linger. Choking back a sob, the mare pressed herself against the trunk of a large tree, begging for the statuesque oak to swallow her up. How could a land be so cruel? Creatures who’d never crossed her path feared her like the dark Kalona and Skinwalkers of her childhood… Was she so awful?

Prancing around the legs of the Kawani maiden, Isla de Flores chuffed happily up at her friend. The fair-haired human giggled in response, patting her on the head. They were off to pick apples in the large orchard her human cultivated, and after that? She was getting fish for dinner! Kasara was the nicest human she’d ever met, happily taking her into the herd of Soquili and friends that lingered around the glade she made her residence in. As Kasara headed down one of rows, Isla moved to follow behind when a soft sound caught the lioness’s attention. Perking up, Isla crept around the trunks of several trees at spotted a mare, similarly coated and colored as her, sobbing at the base of the large tree Kasara used for hanging clothes and the like. Fearing the mare was injured, Isla darted off after her human friend in a panic. Catching up to the human was easy, diverting her attention was more difficult. Tugging roughly on the maiden’s skirt, the lioness dug her claws into the earth to stop her movement. Yowling around the cloth in her maw, Isla made quite the fuss until the young woman stopped.

“We’ll get your fish in just a minute Isla, I just need to… Is everything okay?” Kasara blinked down at the mountain lion, confusion crossing her face. With her attention on the small pink creature, Kasara watched as she took off in the opposite direction, yowling the entire way. That was unlike the sweet cat, so she followed suit, trotting behind her. Breaching the trees seconds after the lioness, Kasara skidded to a stop, gasping. Curled into a ball was a beautiful pink mare, with the most fascinating markings the young kawani woman had ever seen. They looked like… bones. Her horn peeked out from between her sets of wings, tail wrapped up tightly around her legs. Crooning softly, the young woman lowered herself to her knees, slipping an apple out of the basket next to her hip.
“Hello beautiful… are you hurt sweet girl?”

Startling, the pink coated mare jerked back, pressing tighter against the wood. Before her was a kawanii woman and a mountain lioness…who bore her markings! Her mother had often told stories of soul mates in the forms of other animals who shared their appearance. She’d never imagined she’d see such a thing… or be blessed by the gift herself. Blinking at the pair, she watched the human slide an apple her direction with a soft smile. They weren’t running, screaming in fear. They both looked completely relaxed, abet concerned, as the sat in the grass watching her in return.
“Ah… You look like me, small one…” The mare spoke, glancing at the lioness.

Grinning, Isla stepped forward dipping her head in greeting. “I do! Or, do you look like me?” Giggling, Isla sat, wrapping her tail around her forepaws. “I’m Isla de Flores. I prefer Isla… And this is my human Kasara. She’s very nice… if your hurt she can help you.”

Pink mane fell into her eyes, as she shook her head. “No… I’m not hurt. Physically anyway. I’m…hiding I suppose. Will she let me hide here?”

Isla tilted her head, looking up at her human. “…She will. But eventually she’ll figure out what has you on the run. She’s very smart like that. And eventually… you’ll come to see this place as your home. All of us do.” Tilting her head, Isla watched the mare closely. “Do you have a name?”

Kasara hummed, watching the beautiful mare. Clearly something had her fearful, and she hopped the young mare would find some semblance of comfort in her orchard. As the mare unfolded herself more, the woman couldn’t help but watch in awe. She was a stunning mare, an absolute queen if Kasara had ever seen such. Glancing down, the mare was tucked into a patch of meadowsweet and a name came to the kawani woman with stunning clarity. “I know what I’ll call you beautiful… Ulmaria. The queen of the meadow.”

Quote:

Word Count
Ulmaria: 341

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:58 pm
Ulmaria stared at the human before her, already beginning to relax. She was certainly a small thing, with light hair and a bright smile. She took a step back from the mare after speaking, giving her the room she needed to stand, should she wish to do so. Isla was right, she seemed like a kind creature, and she was giving her apples! Ruffling her wings and uncurling her tail, the mare stood to her full height, peering down at the tiny lioness.

“I love apples… and I like the name Ulmaria. It’s pretty, but… it shouldn’t be my name.”

Isla stared up at the mare, abject confusion written on her face. “And why not? A beautiful name for a beautiful mare!” As the mare glanced away, Isla was beginning to realize what was causing this mare such emotional distress.

“You don’t think you are beautiful, do you.”

Dipping her head in shame, the mare gave a faint nod of acknowledgment. Clearly, she was not beautiful, just based on the reactions of the herds she crossed paths with on her way to this orchard. She certainly couldn’t control how she looked, and she looked no different from the members of her previous herd. But… they had been attacked by Skinwalkers. Her parents had been killed defending the herd, but her sister… she hoped the mare was alive somewhere having escaped the carnage as she had.

“I clearly strike fear in the hearts of others. Does that lend itself to beauty, Isla?”

Isla huffed, stepping forward to wind herself between the mare’s legs. “You clearly aren’t scaring myself, or Kasara are you? We haven’t fled screaming into the night have we? Sure, some herds around here are judgmental and cruel, but you’ve landed in the safest spot for miles… None of us care what you look like-“ Leaning up on her back paws, the lioness patted Ulmaria on the chest, right where her heart was. “We care about what’s in your heart.”

Kasara watched the pair for a moment, smiling. It seemed like the gods had gifted them each what they needed; a friend. Taking the pink mare in, Kasara was blown away. She wasn’t just any old wind mare, she was an angeni… and angeni and unicorn mix at that. She had heard of them before but had never laid eyes on one in person. She would fit in quite well with all the other unicorn mixes she had running around this glade.

“Well, you’ll fit right in around here darling. We have several unicorns and even more with wings.”

Ulmaria tilted her head, glancing back and forth between the small lioness and the human with way too much emotion. They not only weren’t scared of her, but they wanted her to stay? She hadn’t seen such kindness since her herd was killed… it brought a new wave of tears.

“I…I would fit in? I can stay? And…be out of Harm’s way?”

Ulmaria WC: 265  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces