Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[PRP]Lettuce talk about plans[Water Stone&Lettuce Sea](done) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Lettuce Sea was humming to himself an upbeat little tune as he comb the beach near his little crab shack.

It was early in the morning and the sand was still cold under him, but undisturbed by hoof prints of beach goers yet, so this was the best time go looking for new shells for the few hermit crabs he kept. His biggest one was just about due for a new one, and Lettuce wanted to give them options.

Near him where the usual little herd of normal for-eating crabs, also combing the beach, but for food.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:32 pm
User Image

Water Stone rode the current toward the beach, waterproof bag trailing behind her. Inside, wrapped in further waterproofing was a set of important documents she needed Lettuce to look over. The blueprints were neatly drawn, the math double checked by her sister. Numbers tended to make the bluenette's head hurt.

She popped up to the surface, shaking the water out of her mane before paddling to the shore where Lettuce sat with his herd of crustaceans. She waved a hoof at him, and felt the familiar anxiety bubble up. Not as badly as before, but the idea of speaking to someone did things to her stomach Water didn't care for.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:37 pm
The splashing didn't much clue him in of her arrival as much as all the crabs scuttling about and clicking their pincers in a panic. Lettuce snorted as the crustaceans settled back down with a light chiding from him. He smiled brightly at Stone, glad to see her again.

"Hey dudette, how you doin' today?" He called out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:38 pm
She came closer, scraping the shore and tossing the bag from her shoulder to the sand. "Hi!" she said brightly, watching the crabs for errant pincers out of the corner of her eye. "I'm doing well, how are you?" she asked.  

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:41 pm
"I'm fine and dandy!" He chuckled softly. "Don't mind the crabs, they are being..." He paused for effect with a s**t-eating grin. "Crabby."

"....but puns aside, what brought you to this side of the beach?" He hummed. "Looking for another quiet morning?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:43 pm
A quiet morning was all Water ever wanted, but rarely got. Not with her sister around. She giggled at the pun, covering her laugh with a sandy hoof.

"Actually, I have something for you." she said, flicking the top latch of the bag and reaching in. "I finished the design for your gem crab, and I was hoping you could take a look at them and show me where you want it." she unrolled the papers and scooched closer to Lettuce so he could see.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:49 pm
Lettuce perked up with interest at the mention of his commission. "Really? That's awesome!"

He eagerly scoot closer to her to look over the blueprints. Looking over the design, he could guess it had similar stones to the one she had gifted him earlier. It currently sat under an air tight glass case in his under water home, as he hadn't been 100% sure if the figurine would had stayed together if submerge for long periods of time. It was one of his favorite possessions along with his dry land oddities.

"Well the design is still very cool." He looked over it. "As for where I would want it....um...There is this railing around the front porch of the shack, where the sign to my business is tack on. Maybe we can sit it on top of the sign?....Would it do well outside or should I have it inside? Cause I think of a few spots it can sit in."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:54 pm
Water tapped her chin with her hoof, trying to envision where he was describing. The mer was also trying to ignore the close proximity to another phony lest she get more nervous. "maybe we could go to the spot and and you can show me? Then I can get an idea of the weight limits if there are any." she reached into her bag and pulled out the little hover bracelets Geode made her get in case she wanted to go on land. "it'll be ok outside : the gemstones would take hundreds of years to wear down. An occasional polish is all you'd really need, and that's more for aesthetic than anything."  

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:01 pm
"Okay" He nodded slowly and grinned, activating his own hover bracelets. "Let me just gather up the crabs before they go scuttling off to who knows where!"

Lettuce quickly herded the annoyed little pinchers back to a fenced in artificial pool by the shack. He wasn't bother at all by the pinching or the little war dances they did. It only took a few minutes to get them all back in the secured pool and he closed off the fence with a small grin. "There we go!"

With a happy humm, he showed her the shack, which was pretty much a small house sitting on top of a dock, the porch extended onto the beach, with a large fence of thick wood planks around it. A large sign that reach the floor declare it 'Lettuce Sea's Live Crabs', in smaller words at bottom it mention different eating crabs and pet hermit crabs were sold here There were cute little crabs painted in all the blank spaces.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:03 pm
She watched with amusement as he herded the crabs to their pool. He wasn't afraid of them in the slightest, she wondered if she would ever be that comfortable with them.

She followed him to the shack, eyes getting wide. It was so nice! Right near the water, with an adorable beachy fence.

"it's so cute!" she declared, studying the sign before turning to him with a grin.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:10 pm
Lettuce smiled brightly, glad she approved of his business. "Thank you! It took some doing, and I learned a lot about the phonies that live up here. I had to hire a building company and they let me try a bunch of things they use to build house on dry land. It was an awesome experience!"

He poked the fence. "I made the sign and the fence myself tho. So It's pretty sturdy, but I wouldn't mind putting like a stand behind the sign to hold up the crab. I can build up a good box with heavy wood, or I can see if the building company can make me a concrete bloke to hid behind the sign."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:41 pm
"hmmm, a wood block would do fine, but if you're looking longevity, then a concrete block would probably do better." she hovered around the sign, impressed. "when we had our house built, Geode did pretty much all of the talking to the construction phonies. I just told her what I wanted and she relayed the message."

Finished with her evaluation, she turned and faced Lettuce fully. "I may have to alter the size just a smidge so it doesn't overtake the sign, but I think everything checks out OK!" she fell silent. This was the part where she was supposed to say something like a 'see you later!' or 'ok bye', but she found she didn't necessarily want to do that just yet.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:48 pm
Lettuce consider the spot for a moment, drawing on the sandy area the shape of the box as if he was picturing it. "Yeah, I'll talk to the building company. I rather have something that last and won't wrap if it rains or anything." He grinned.

"That's great, Do you know how long it will take to make?" He smiled brightly at her. He could see the end of the conversation approaching and was already trying to think of something for her to stay a bit longer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:51 pm
She considered the gems she wanted to use, and the size of the structure. Since it wouldn't be seen all the way around, she wouldn't have to bedazzle the entire thing. "I would say something along the lines of three weeks or so, based on my current load." she determined, tallying invisible lines in the air. When she realized what she was doing she dropped her hoof with a blush. "so I'd be back in about a month, give or take."

That suddenly sounded like a very long time.

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:58 pm
"Oh well, that isn't very long at all, it's just enough time for me to get the block made and installed properly." Lettuce smiled gently, spotting the look the cross her face.

"....You do know that you can come over whenever you want, right? Not just about the commission and stuff. Like I told ya last time, this place is real nice and quiet, and lovely to just hang out in the morning. And I really, really don't mind getting some company besides the crabs."

He leaned in a bit, like telling her a secret. "...they aren't, like, the best conversationalists in the world....no, that, you know, like, need to be a chatter box, or anything, just...like...you know...company is good." He quickly shut his mouth, blushing himself, feeling like he was babbling now.

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff