Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Golden Burdens (Marty + Alumet + Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am
Zenobiath had been rather insistent for some time that they go to see the newest golden children, for she herself had been the new Gold some time ago. That, and Anakumath seemed to have the sweetest hearts she'd seen in a good several turns. The Gold had been wanting to meet the pair since they'd found themselves with time in their Weyr, and so, Alumet indulged, for who was she to deny her heart? It was with a flick of her hand that she sent Heartlight to Marty with a missive, the little green flit at least having the sense to pop outside of the weyrling barracks, bringing the letter in to the girl with a trill of delight. It was an invitation, after all.

The invite was simple, to join Alumet in her weyr, and Anakumath was welcome as well, for Zenobiath wanted nothing more than to meet the sweet creature. At the large Gold's insistence, the Rider tidied up the weyr, making sure all was straight and clean for the Weyrlings' arrival. Hopefully, at least.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:53 pm
Firelizards came and went through the Weyrling barrack - usually letters to and from the kids who hailed from Western, and on rare occasion one came to Martirae herself. When the little green had entered with a trill of greeting and an invitation to perhaps spend more time than the simple introductions that training had offered, the young woman had initially been hesitant about it all.

Anakumath stirred in her wallow, turning whirling eyes of yellow and violet upon her beloved, nudging that stubborn wall of barbs that had become reinforced over the last few months. That such gates and barbs granted her safe passage straight to the heart of the woman delighted her endlessly. Would it be so bad? she asked.

Idly stroking the head of the little green flit, Martirae reached out with her other hand to run it along the side of the small gold's cheek. That she was already larger than some of the greens, and starting to gain on the blues, made such a descriptor - small - almost amusing. Almost. If it doesn't bother you, then no. It would not be. She kept certain notions close to her chest to keep from planting an unnecessary seed of a thought in the mind of her love.

If it was noticed, she did not nudge at it. Then let us spend some time with someone new. It will do you good, Anakumath bid.

"Thank you for the letter, small one," Martirae bid to Heartlight as she headed out to cross the Weyrbowl with Anakumath.

Let Zenobiath know we are coming, love Martirae asked as the pair walked, her hand resting against the young gold's side. It was not difficult to identify Zenobiath on her ledge, her hide a striking shade even amongst the other golds and it was no question Anakumath couldn't simply try to climb her way up to it like she could have a lower ledge like Aunt Fianth's. She considered in contemplative silence as the two drew closer.

Eyes whirling, the petite gold settled in the sand below, looking up towards the older gold nervously. Good day, Zenobiath. I am sorry I cannot join you on your ledge yet, she greeted, feeling all too much like a significant part of her very biology was wasted on her. Would yours like mine to come up there or do you wish to join us down here?

-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:19 am
demon_pachabel

The motherly Queen had been keeping violet eyes out for the pair, watching the sands when at last the growing Anakumath had come in to view, Be ready, beloved. And then there was the request. Bowing her head at the younger Queen, she made a gesture to her Rider. It did not take long for Alumet to mount, and less time still for the pair to glide down in to the sands with elegant grace. Her wings mantled as her Rider dismounted and the warmth and love from the elder Gold flooded forth to both Martirae and Anakumath, Sweet little one, I am more than happy to come down to you. I am so in awe that I can see you at last. You're so lovely. Worry not about not being able to come up yet. YOu are still so small, and I have no troubles meeting you in that stead.

Slowly, the Gold lowered her head, eyes whirling deep purple with affection as she offered her nose to the other, trying to gently boop her. Faranth help her, had she ever been so small? Had she ever been such a tiny creature? It was almost hard to believe it. You are doing better than you think you are, my dear little one. Trust me. Time will come when you and Yours fly together, but for now, it is well that you take your time.

Alumet watched her Queen for a moment, smiling at the warmth there. It took another moment before she was ready, and she turned to make her way towards Marty, A respectful distance was kept, as she'd noticed that Martirae tended to be a bit more defensive, and the last thing she wanted? Was to upset the other, "It's good to finally meet you. I'm glad Heartlight got to you ok. She can get a bit distracted around dragons. I'm Alumet. We haven't gotten to meet much outside of brief hellos, but I've been meaning to invite you for a cup of klah so that I could get to know you...If you want to, that is."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:49 pm
The faintest of cheeps answered the soft boop on the small gold's forehead, faint blues bleeding into the yellows of the young gold's eyes. Zenobiath easily offered comfort for the always nervous Anakumath, and it eased at least some of the constant tension from Martirae's shoulders as she watched the two greet each other.

We will all join the sky, I need only be ready to support them if they struggle, Anakumath was certain in this position her life was meant to take - to take up the rear and make sure nobody fell behind and that all of her clutchsiblings could make it to the end with everybody else. So much as they could now, at least. Even now, Aureliath never was far from her mind.

Do you still worry after yours, Zenobiath? Anakumath couldn't imagine the feeling would ever fade. Perhaps it would become more difficult as she got older and more dragons joined that circle of responsibility. More to love and be tended after. Like Sophrosunth. Or Elzebuth.

With her lifemate relaxed into the meeting of the older gold, Martirae was content to not linger with judgement over the exchange. At the very least, a Queen of High Reaches was trained to behave well, and she had doubts Zenobiath or Hers would be approaching with any angle besides one that was entirely maternal. Instead, Alumet received her (mostly) undivided attention. "I know of you. Yours was the last gold hatched before Anakumath did according to the records," there had been a lot of history to catch up on. "Klah is fine." Still a touch stiff, but not scrutinizing.

-_Wish_of_Tevarae_-

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:51 am
How those yellows did trouble her, though the soft blue hues that fluttered in to them contented the Gold to no end. More love and affection ran over Anakumath's mind, reassuring the smaller gold that there was nothing but maternal warmth here. How she desired nothing more than to soothe all the worry from that little mind, to make Anakumath feel welcome and at home, here between her forelegs. That is all we can do. Be ready to catch them when they fall, be their strength when they have none. It was reassurance, but to Zenobiath? It was the responsibility of their hide's color. Golds were the solace of the Weyr, the Queens who were the glue that would keep the world together.

Her nose gently pressed to Anakumath's headknobs, soothing her carefully as she thought over the question, Constantly, dearest love. I worry over my own siblings and their thoughts. I worry over Mine. How can I not? Many of my clutch seek to buck the way of the world for their own gain, which worries me so...and my Own? She falls in love easily and I worry perhaps she might be used one day because of my Color. Worry is something that will tend your hearts the rest of your days, and there is no shame in it.

Alumet's gaze moved over Martirae, smiling as she realized, "Glad to see we're not alone in knowing OF each other." She was glad that she at least had the mind to put some Klah in a skin and bring two wooden drinking vessels from her weyr down to the sands. Pouring the two full, she offered it out, clearly not expecting anything, "I'm glad to meet you. Being a Goldrider can be very stressful when you first start out, especially if you attend social functions." And yet Alumet took to it like fish to water.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:53 pm
Oh no, no. She disliked that such yellows overtook those eyes again, and yellows of distress overtook eyes that normally stayed in hues of purple and blue. She let her head move to lay beside the small body, one eye whirling a sad gray mixed with worried yellow as the younger asked what they wished to gain, They wish a change that cannot be....but that is who they are, and that is well. That was alright. She wouldn't bring it up further. However, the next question got her to stop. Got her eyes to whirl as violet as a plum. Of course Alumet was as deserving as love as another...but...

She deserves all the love another has to give, but...even though I trust her, and believe that she deserves the best, I am also the one who must protect her hearts. I stand by her, and with her. We protect them as they protect us, my beautiful little one.

A smile moved across her lips, as the woman watched Marti, watched her hesitation. She looked guarded, almost like she wasn't willing to let her guard down yet. Alumet didn't blame her. "I could only imagine. If her eyes are so often yellow, I can only imagine she must oft be in a state of some kind of distress. Social functions are...unfortunately necessary, but maybe there's a way we could minimize how many the pair of you must attend."

demon_pachabel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out