Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[ORP] Scarentines ... Again [OPEN]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

setting ☠️
_____It was unclear where the invitations had come from. It was not apparent who had set it up, or who had strung little lights all over Moonlight Hill. From hour to hour on the evening approaching Scarentines, more and more tiny lights appeared until at midnight they twinkled amongst the vines. Technically, they might have been tiny eyes, always watching: as soon as students got within touching distance of the lights they would wink out suddenly. In pairs? Maybe. It was so hard to tell. Around the base of the hill were various stations, including unmanned food and beverages as well as a place to fill out Scarentines cards. There was even some kind of living jukebox that would accept shreds of clothing and in return would play a kind of jarring version of whatever song a student requested, more or less.

[[ OOC: This is just a volunteer ORP for fun! It's not endorsed by anyone in specific, and I'm running this on my own, so narrator type posts will be minimal and probably short! Please feel free to quote in anyone you'd like to drag to Scarentines.]]

Face your demons rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:14 pm
User Image

food and drink ☠️ prompts
_____ A table sporting three types of beverage and two snacks sat at the base of the hill, and seemed mysteriously ever-stocked. Might be a good place to start the party. After all, isn't the buffet the best place to be at any party? [[ OOC: Please roll 1d6 if you're feeling like the gambling kind. If you have a prompt in mind, that's totally fine too, just choose which one you want and have your student consume that item/beverage! There's no real limit, do whatever makes you happy smile ]]

User Image

1, 5 - Heartful O' Somethin' ☠️ A red heart full of a thick, amber-coloured liquid with a hidden spout. Its flavour notes might be almonds, oak; for others, it might taste of cinnamon just, or something completely different. It doesn't seem to have one single flavour. You feel very overwhelmed by the urge to make new connections, however. [[OOC: Roll a 1 or a 5? Have your student greet the last student to post above you. They don't have to know each other, and they could even have walked up to the table together. Just make it happen, I believe in you]]

2 - Elviro, Mistress of the Night ☠️ The tall, black glass beaker with its black glass stopper seem very familiar somehow. Its liquid is a faintly sour blackberry-type concoction, and a thin purple smoke rises off its surface. [[OOC: If you roll a 2, your student is overwhelmed with the urge to say something sincere to another student! Either something harmless, like complimenting a fellow party-goer, or more profound: text your ex that you've always missed them, and see how that works out for you haha jk whatever seems appropriate but that's the general idea]]

3 - Frightwater ☠️ Fizzy, bubbly sweetness overwhelms the senses. At first. Then, there's a sort of sinking feeling, and for the next few minutes your body's very heavy. Maybe it would be best to lie down, and remember. Whether or not you want to, one of your many tales of woe come to mind. [[OOC: If you roll a 3, your student relives one of their crushing memories of loss. Sorry not sorry, this is definitely what love is all about right? If you have no tales of woe, it makes you imagine one! Yay!]]

4 - Dontritos ☠️ Orange crunchy cheesy chips. Grab one, grab two, grab a handful?? Will it ever stop? [[OOC: If you roll a 4, you feel overwhelmed with the urge to trade a garment with the next person to also roll a 4. Doesn't matter what garment, but it's gotta be traded at least for the rest of the party, and preferably worn.]]

6 - Skeleton finger cookies ☠️ It's not super clear what the cookies on the platter are supposed to be. It looks like someone lazily dabbed white icing on a grey biscuit and called it a day. They look like skeletal fingers, if you squint and turn your head slightly to the side. They don't have much flavour, they're not filling, and they're not unpleasant. They're just...okay. [[OOC: WILDCARD! Roll a 6? Roll again or choose any prompt from the above. They were just so meh you can't help but consume something else. ]]  

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:29 pm
User Image

photobooth ☠️
_____ A cheesy frame, faintly frightening to behold: you can pose behind it with someone you like, love or maybe even just met! A mystery volunteer hidden behind a veil snaps a photo and texts it to you? How did that even work? [[ OOC: This is 99% just for fun: I can't provide art for everyone! I'll do a vday doodle of one pair that enters, whatever their relationship smile If you want to enter, just fill out the form in quotations below and post in-thread. Only one entry per student, please! Feel free to use the frame art provided above however you'd like for RP / TiH purposes.]]

User Image

The pretty faces ☠️ 1 - ??

The Form ☠️
[align=left][img]https://i.imgur.com/3iPXfzb.png[/img][/align]
[quote="Face Your Demons"][/quote][size=10] [[ [url=link to visual reference for student 1]STUDENT 1 NAME[/url] and [url=visual reference to student two] STUDENT 2 NAME [/url] SNAPPED A MEMORY ]][/size]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:40 pm
User Image

tunes ☠️ the spooky living music machine
_____ It seems to move now and again, but this jukebox literally does have a mind of its own. It also accepts exclusively scraps of cloth or garments, and will then play a kind of distorted version of whatever song your student requests. [[ OOC: Please roll 1d100 and ICly offer the living jukebox a garment or scrap of cloth of some sort; if you roll 80+ the living jukebox accepts (and devours) your offering. Link a song, quote me and I'll tag you back with what the living jukebox plays!]]

User Image

NOW PLAYING ☠️

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:42 pm
User Image
[[ p l a c e h o l d e r ]]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:10 pm
[[ ooc: anybody's welcome! but here're the people I promised to quote smile if I missed somebody please help me out haha

Beejoux

xdeathxbyxlovex

Hitsuzen

leon_a_darkangel

]]  

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:25 pm
User Image Brand Ravensdale was toying a knife with one finger, the tip poking into the thick leather of his chosen gloves. He was here to party, he did not want to think about the fact he was here alone, and he was also ... the first one here? How terribly boring.

He leaned against the table of refreshments, thinking about the meaning of the song the living jukebox was warbling nearby, lost to his own imagination.

---

Cervantes of the Devil's Dandy Dogs was bounding around the hill, trying to catch one of the lights that kept snuffing themselves out. He was having a great time, oblivious to everything around him. He had not yet knocked over any of the refreshments, or run into any other students, but the night was young, the possibilities were endless

[[ OOC: Leaving this post here for now because I have to go do things but feel free to quote me if your student gets here! ]]  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:15 pm
Scarentine's Day was Thackery's most favorite of all of the holidays, so the boil was particularly cheerful for the entire week leading up to it. By the time the holiday finally arrived, he was bubbling over with energy - even more so than usual, somehow.

"Hey! Hi!" he called out to the stranger 'chasing' a flickering light, hopping up and down on his toes as he waved at him. "Whatcha doing? It looks fun! Can I play? I'm gonna play!"

Having successfully invited himself to join, he crouched down and waited for the light to appear again.

Face your demons

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Smerdle rolled 1 100-sided dice: 73 Total: 73 (1-100)

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:09 am
Carrol didn't object to the song the jukebox was blaring, in fact he thought it was rather catchy. He was honestly just looking for something to torment and the thing had a sock on it so... maybe sock torment?

"Polly want a sock?" he whispered.

He didn't wear socks... well... except for the one that covered his stinger which he had been
F O R B I D D E N to remove under penalty of law. He tried a dangling bit of his long sleeve instead, lazily smacking his wrist against what might have been the creature's forehead.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:41 am
There were mixed feelings about Scarentines sometimes (mostly that first one at school) but ones in recent memory had been more than delightful as all things should be. And it felt like it had been forever since she did anything, so that's how Olivia found herself at the event. Giving each set of decorations a decent amount of time and attention, glancing at those gathered and eyeing the photobooth because maybe just maybe that could be fun.

For the most part, the undead ghoul was wondering if someone in particular - actually a few particulars but one in most particular - was going to make an appearance. ouo

- - - - -

Maple had found a corner and was eyeing the assortment of drinks. They looked suspicious as always.

phantompanther13
ouo

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Face your demons rolled 1 100-sided dice: 86 Total: 86 (1-100)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:54 pm
Nothing Yet

Van's ears perked right up as he heard a friendly voice. He straightened his back, his tail in some combo of whipping and wagging. His tongue changed colours to a thrilled purple, a tell that wasn't quite clear in all likelihood. "HI hello!!" Van replied, waving enthusiastically with his whole arm like he was worried that the nice stranger wouldn't see him. "I'm chasing the um, the lights!" it took him a moment, a double-take. "You wanna hang out and chase 'em together? YEAH I'd love that!"

Van beckoned him over, grinning widely. "I can't seem to catch them yet..." he said, with a bit of a frown, "I bet they're something cute and I'm pretty sure that means it's edible." Van let a little, pleased growl rumble through his throat before he lunged at one of the lights again.

"OH right!! I'm Van, I mean, I have a big long name, but if you call me Van that's fine, I like that," he said, looking back at the stranger. The stranger was also cute but maybe not in an edible kind of way???

----------

Smerdle
HOPE YOU DON'T MIND AN INTERLOPER BB

Brand was surveying. Surveying, half-bored, but pleased that there were some visitors now. It felt a lot less like a pathetic party and a lot more like fun, maybe? Like the eventual promise of fun.

The psychonaut took a vial of pink-purple liquid out of the inner vest pocket and uncorked it, licking the edge of the bottle and smiling, corking it and putting it back inside the pocket, patting it gently. That was better, honestly.

He saw someone try to feed the jukebox, and strode towards them with purpose. "No bites yet?" He took a handkerchief from his pocket and tried to entice the jukebox with it. It got snatched up by the long red tongue, and Brand graciously gestured at the stranger. "Would you like to pick a song?" he asked. "I had not planned this far ahead."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:17 am
Honestly, he hadn't either. Carrol chuckled to himself, then let out a proper HA as he moved his arm out of range, pushing up his baggy sleeve.

"I dunno, man. I kinda just wanted to see what it'd do." Plus, he really didn't know that many songs. "Like, maybe, it'd rip off my shirt and everyone here would get a Scarentines they'd never forget." He flexed, but since there was nothing to flex it just ended up looking like he was voguing thirty years too late.

Carrol stopped just as abruptly as he had begun, turning a grin on the reaper. "That was a cool handkerchief. Do you keep a bunch of those lying around?"

Face your demons
NOT AT ALL UHUHUHUHUHU

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:23 pm
Scarentines was always a fun time, especially if you had a boilfriend who could spend the day spoiling you with flowers and hearts and chocolates, or just say sweet romantic things to you. Or anything, really.

Which was why Astra was a little nervous rocking up to the festivities. It was a great holiday to be sure (second to halloween itself of course), but she wondered if Yuki would also be around, and wanting to spend the day with her. For now she just floated here and there, offering smiles and waves to anyone who greeted her and waited for her boil friend to (hopefully) turn up.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:56 pm
User ImageAmarus would normally not attend this. Scarentines, and prom, were both full of bittersweet moments. She'd been holed up with her birds for so long it felt strange to make an attempt at mingling. She wandered, silently and absentmindedly, from feature to feature of the party's decorations and inanimate objects. Songbird, her comet phoenix hatchling, lighted on one of her shoulders, trilling. She reached up one hand to stroke its head, the feathers right above its beak. It made the corner of her mouth tip up in a smile. "I wonder why I'm here?" she asked, quietly. It all felt very much like a dream, and she wasn't even that dosed up on her own drugs. She did, however, spot at least one student she had given some of her doses too, and avoided nodding to the pink-haired reaper.

------------------------------------------------

Smerdle
bless u for your friendly goodliness

The stranger's laugh made Brand grin wide. He loved it when there was laughter, it made him feel at home. "I often do things just for the sake of it," he said, and he was not lying. If Brand could get into something, ruin something, break something or just generally have a good time at something else's expense he would absolutely do it. He was also a little high.

Brand was also relatively indifferent to the song, and had no desire to change it. He himself laughed at the suggestion that would be a remarkable Scarentines. "What, got some secrets hiding under there?" he asked, with a sharp lopsided smile. His smile only widened as he was asked about the handkerchief.

"Funny you should ask," Brand said, and then held up one gloved finger to say wait a moment. He walked over to the table with refreshments with purpose, took out one of his knives and cut a swathe of one of the bottom corners off. It was roughly the same size as his handkerchief had been.

He brought it back over to the student he considered his new friend, showed him the flutter of tablecloth, and let his eyes unfocus at it. He had a distant, if amused look on his face, and in one sudden moment the square of tablecloth had become a new handkerchief. "Tadah~" Brand declared, tucking it into his pocket with a flourish. "Brand," he said, holding one hand out, "a pleasure to meet you, ...?" he trailed off, waiting to know how he should address this other student. They seemed fun, and that was of tantamount importance to Brand, who hated being alone and hated being bored just as much.

---------------------------  

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:46 pm
Carrol watched Brand stroll over to the refreshments, perking up out of his slouch when the other boy pulled out a K N I F E. Man, what he wouldn't give to be a reaper. He thought things would end there, so when the scrap of ragged cloth was magicked into a respectable handkerchief, Carrol positively bounced with glee.

"Unholy s**t," he said in a giddy breath. "How in Jack's bony tits did you do that?"

Face your demons
<3

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces