Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:28 pm
User Image

With her snowy refuge out of reach for the time being and her memories completely restored, Mtima'safi had taken to wandering about the mortal world and trying to determine how best to handle the disaster that had befallen her domain. There were so many lost souls, she had no hope of containing them all without somewhere to send them and heaven was off limits now.. so she did all she could. They were naturally drawn to her and with some effort, she could keep them there in the form of butterflies. The only downside to this was that it made it nearly impossible for her to hide what she was, and unless she was needed as a goddess, she had always lived in the mortal world in disguise.

If she couldn't hide, there were a few places she could think to go and of the places, there was one in particular that she felt needed her most. The Kitwana'antara were not primarily devoted to her, they had harsher gods to appease than Souls.. but they did pray to her for guidance. And perhaps this was where her attention would be of greatest help, to the living and the dead.

It had been a long time since she had visited, if her memory hadn't returned recently she might not have been able to find them so easily.. but she did. And the goddess practically glowed against the landscape as she walked to where in these cursed lands the pride currently resided.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Mstari had been considering options. She had spoken of the Goddess of Souls, as opposed to the Goddess of Pestilence, but no one had really cared to change the focus of their worship. Which meant she couldn't be a High Priestess. So the challenge was...how to change a portion of the pride's primary allegiance?

The lioness understood that Pestilence was far too tied into the Kitwana'antara's history to be ignored and there would always be those conseratives who could not be swayed. But the pride was more than large enough to support the worship of more than one deity, so long as they related to the lifestyle and beliefs of the people in question.

She was pondering these ideas when something caught her eye. Was that...a glow? It certainly looked like it...but the lioness couldn't imagine what on earth could glow like that in the middle of the day and still be visible. Curious, she padded forward.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:54 pm
This was not the sort of place that Mtima'safi liked to visit. She could be a vain creature, avoiding the darker sides of life and death as best she could.. but she was still a goddess who cared about those who needed her. Her domain was so closely tied to mortals, their lives and their deaths that she couldn't always avoid it. She would just have to work a little harder to keep her distaste from showing if she stayed here long.

Without knowing the modern layout of the pride, the goddess could only travel by instinct.. and when she caught sight of the first living member of the pride, it was no coincidence that it was Mstari. The closer the lioness came, the more obvious it was.. and Mtima stopped walking and instead waited, smiling.

How appropriate, she thought.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 pm
As she came close there was no room for doubt in the lioness' mind. This was a Goddess. And though Mstari could be vain, believing her stripes in particular to be her most beautiful marking, the Goddess put them to shame in Her simplicity. Why, She was even accompanied by butterflies, which served only to accent Her divine beauty!

"Goddess," the lioness said at last. "What can our humble pride offer You?"

Mstari had no idea which Goddess this was - after all, what mere mortal could claim intimate knowledge of the countless gods and goddesses in the world? - but she wasn't about to show any disrespect regardless.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:18 pm
Well, this was certainly a proper welcome for a god, even though she didn't realize that it was one of the gods they prayed to. That was hardly her fault, though. Mtima could be blamed for not visiting in so long, but until now she didn't need to be here to help them.

"You already offer what I need," Mtima answered, "There are strange things going on in the world right now, I'm looking to go where I can be most useful so I am here to answer your prayers in person."

All gods had creatures who prayed to them, some in reverence, some in fear, some to blame you for bad times or thank you for the good times.. it was different when you found someone who was devoted to you. She had chosen her words carefully, she meant exactly what she said. She heard Mstari's prayers.

"It's been a long time since I was here," she went on, "Am I still welcome?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:22 pm
Green eyes opened wide at the Goddess' words. She had heard the blue lioness' prayers? Which would make her...

"...the Goddess of Souls?" Mstari whispered. The words slipped out before she could think and the lioness inwardly berated herself for being such a fool. But, no, that wasn't the way to greet any God, let alone the very Goddess to whom she'd devoted her life!

"Of course, Goddess, you are always welcome in these lands!" the Priestess hurried on, trying to cover her faux pas. She wasn't entirely sure if she had the right to make such an extravagant gesture, but there was no way she was going to be rude to a Goddess.

"How can I serve You?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:32 pm
Mstari's brightness contrasted so much with their surroundings, Mtima felt meeting this lioness alone made the trip worthwhile. It was a nice reprieve from the worry and stress of the lost souls.. and as easy as it would have been to tell, it didn't really feel like business mortals ought to worry about or get involved in. It was affecting their world, in more ways than most would realize.. but for now, her business would remain her own.

"Take me somewhere I won't be in the way," she said thoughtfully, "I may stay a while, but I don't want to cause any disturbances.. or be disturbed myself."

While she knew she might be most useful near the dying, she didn't really want to be too near to it if she could help it. Thankfully, she could just not mention it at all and not reveal her distaste for a crucial part of a soul's life cycle.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:34 pm
"Of course, Goddess!" the lioness replied cheerily. "I know just the spot. There's a den or two there that have been used by Secret Keepers when the pride was larger than it is today, but they're not in use now because of fewer numbers and being a bit farther out from the rest," she explained.

"Is there anything else I can provide for You while you stay? It is my honor and pleasure to serve You," Mstari averred.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:54 pm
"That sounds perfect," Mtima said brightly. She didn't remember if she knew what Secret Keepers were for but she didn't need to to realize that it probably wasn't the most savory history to share with a den.. it would still do, though. On the topic of secrets, she didn't want to cause a fuss and wander straight through the pride (that could only cause problems) but she shouldn't keep herself a secret either.

"Just the den will do for now," she said, "But I would like to talk to your Queen, if you would kindly arrange that."

She had no intention of leaving but she would consider what the leader of the pride wanted. Nobody at all needed to know she was here if it came down to it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:01 pm
"Of course, Goddess! I'll ask to see her as soon as I've shown You the den," Mstari replied brightly. "If you'll please follow me?" she added, rotating slightly so that she was mostly aimed in the right direction.

The lioness did not bother to ask or wonder why the Goddess would want to speak with the Queen - if it was her business as a Priestess she would be told. Besides, it was clear the Goddess would be staying for some time and Mstari was certain her curiosity would be satisfied soon enough.

For now, she had a Goddess to lead to a den.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces