[ORP] Snow Dergs!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:38 am
Haloth had been intrigued when he’d first seen the white bedfur covering Pern. Intrigued, until he’d stepped out of the barracks into it. The chill had startled him! But look! How it smushed under his feet. The dragonet had circled himself, peering at each of his footprints. This was different from anything he’d ever experienced. It was called snow, Shanley had told him. She’d used to play in it as a child.

Play in it? Haloth wondered how.

The dragonet began to push at the snow with his snout, shoving it into a pile. Ale looked like snow. Maybe he could make another Ale? He knew she wasn’t made of snow. But maybe he could make a snow-Ale. Ale! If you stay still, I can make you in this stuff!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:26 pm
Zamistia was not used to snow, having grown up in a place where it was usually pretty warm. So as they stepped out of the barracks, the red head looked at it with some curousity. Nanuth came out beside her, sticking his nose in this white powder stuff. It was soon lifted back up with a growl of annoyance, what was so interesting about something so cold? He looked up to see his cousin seeming to be enjoying it and he was sure there would be others.

Mine, I do not see the fascination with this stuff falling from the sky. It is too cold,he mentally grumbled to his rider.

"Well, some like to play..in the snow, Nanuth. I can't say I have really...had much to do with it,"she admitted.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:02 pm
Ingonth didn't mind the cold in small doses, especially when it gave him an excuse to experiment with draconic fashion. Today, he was draped in a woven blanket originally intended for a runner, its browns and oranges a daring contrast to the blue's hide.

"A lovely day," T'rin announced, all smiles for his fellow weyrlings. He might have been in the minority, but he vastly preferred chillier weather to searing heat. The cold made his mind sharp, not muddled and weak like warmer weather tended to. "What are we doing?" He glanced at Haloth. "Making snowmen?"

Thaliawen
Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:41 pm
"Crackdust and death on this shardding northern winter." Ro exclaimed loudly and colourfully as she stepped out of the brackets looking like a laundry pile with eyes. A glance at the green rider might lead one to believe She was wearing every item of clothing that she owned. And then some of her neighbours on top of that. Her hands were lost in baggy sleeves wrapped firmly over her chest. Her afro of red hair was the only thing that was still recognisable about her as it stuck out from wrapped bundles of scarfs. None of the substandard hats had been able to contain the mass of dark curls so she had been left trying to trap warmth with several knitted strips of colour sporting the over dressed troll doll aesthetic.

Ro would have liked nothing better than to hide from the hated weather inside with a nice warm cup of Klah. Snow was admittedly very pretty and pleasant observed from a window inside a room with a fire. Unfortunately for her Ulendoth had other idea's. She bounded past Roana's legs like a frisky puppy straight into a built up snow bank. Emerging in a flurry she stretched her wings, flapping the strengthening muscles in a swirl of playful vigour. Making the whole snow dune explode outward. Somehow the cold and the wet that reduced her rider to the shivering mess of wool and hair didn't noticeably effected the green.

Instead she stared about her with wide swirling eyes of wonder, her whole body quivering with excitement over cold.
My Ro, look loook! Everything looks so clean and white, it's like we are somewhere completely different. A whole new weyr to explore.
It's cold snow. We don't get it much in the south Just one or two days. But apparently up here it can last for months.
Yay.
yay.... Ro echoed, trying to mirror some of the green's enthusiasm and failing miserably as she shuffled forward in to the weyr bowel where some of the other weyrlings were already enjoying the weathers turn. Ulendoth bounded forward to join them.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:28 am
You’ll catch a cold. Again. Mictecath fretted, blue eyes whirling with flecks of yellow.

I won’t. Nyara answered, shoving a hat over large volumes of unruly, curly dark hair. Look, people are out there going to build snowmen! If you think we’re not going out there to enjoy ourselves…

Of course we are- I just want you to wear a bit more… Look at Ulendoth’s rider! She has the right idea. Mic was already moving to position herself at a vantage point near the entrance of the barracks, just outside. She studied her siblings already at play, some of her prior anxiety melting away. Nyara followed her, grinning as she caught sight of the roly-poly-overdressed red-haired rider.

She’s definitely protected. Can’t fault her there. The weyrling wondered if Roana was able to breathe. At least she seemed able to walk without needing to be rolled around, so that was nice.

I am so proud of our family. Look at all of the love and curiosity that abounds! And, quite unable to control herself, she moved to join Haloth’s side, nuzzling the blue as she did. Let me help you! Don’t want you falling in and catching a cold. And so it was that Mictecath ducked her head and proceeded to push more snow into the growing pile. Whatever they were making, she was going to help!

Nyara’s grin slowly spread across her face, and she leaned down to pick up a handful of snow- slowly, carefully shaping it into a ball…  
[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games