Things had started to look up for the pride he loved dearly. They were finished rebuilding their home and had taken this chance to fortify some things on case such a thing were to happen again. It was dusk and a still had come over the lands as the star speckled male walked along the lands, golden gaze taking in the glowing lights that surrounded him.

A small smile spread across calm features as he came to a small clearing and looked up. The beauty of their world was astounding, the way everything was bound together, forever intertwined in and endless cycle of life and death. While he was sad for the lives lost to them during the storm new life had been given to them so it was as if there had been a fair trade of sorts.

Reclining upon dark haunches he stayed there a while, gaze on the sky above, enjoying the quiet.

Everything about the place smelled familiar to the older female and she finally realized that she had come home. How many seasons had come and gone? She was fairly certain she even had some grey fur streaking her beautiful blue pelt but who was to say. There was much she wanted to say to someone, if he was still alive that is. Tuktirey wasn't sure the pride would be anything like she remembered but so far, so good.

As she slinked silently through the shadows a clearing opened up before her and there, watching the sky was someone she hadn't seen in a very long time. Her heart stopped in her chest for but a beat and then she calmed herself and moved closer.

"I see you Brother...." Her voice hung in the air as she waited to see what would happen.

The sounds of insects and other creatures was the only thing he could hear as he sat, alone, watching the sky twinkling above him. Though a shiver ran down his spine as a voice greeted him, one that was familiar but hadn't been heard by him for a very long time.

No, It couldn't be, could it? Turning his gaze to look upon the one who spoke he issued a greeting in return. "I see you Sister."

As he turned to look upon the face of someone he thought long dead his heart almost stopped in his chest.

"Tuktirey... Is that truly you?"

His voice was almost shaky because he wasn't sure if he was looking at a ghost or not. The first love of his life was standing before him and he had only ever felt that way with one other, but she'd left the pride to be with her family. And he had understood that, but he had truly believed once that happened he was doomed to never find ever lasting love.

And now Tux was back.... She was truly back.

"Ila, it is me. It's been so long-I'm sorry that I wasn't able to come back sooner...." This only made her realize how long it had been since she'd truly been gone.

The distance between them closed quickly and reached him in seconds, pausing but a step from him so that she could look him over. He had grown up so handsome, and was a fine looking lion. Full in his mane and well built it was easy to see that he had taken good care of himself, even the few scars that littered his pelt were admirable. "I-I'm sure much has changed. Tell me, have you found yourself a fine woman and finally created a family for yourself?" It had always been their dream but then she had left and she was sure after a couple seasons he'd have moved on.

She was so close to him, he could feel the warmth of her body, it was relaxing and he wanted so badly to pull her close and take in the scent of her but refrained. Things had changed indeed but that hadn't affected how he was feeling for her still, maybe true love knew no bounds of time and this was their way of knowing that. "I did but-it wasn't meant to be and she left." The story sounded familiar as he was sure she would notice.

"You could almost say I've been waiting for the right woman." Should he tell her about everything that had transpired since she was gone? No, that could wait for now he was going to live in this very moment with her.

Her heart sank for a moment but then began to speed up as she listened to the words coming from his mouth. It made her heart ache to know he'd experienced that kind of pain not once, but twice. Though it seemed fate had brought them back together and neither of them were in a position to keep them apart. "Ila, I-" She looked at the ground for a moment, unsure as of what to say but she knew the truth of her heart and knew he must feel the same as he was still before her, waiting for her to say or do something. "I've never stopped thinking about you. I'm sorry that it took me so long to get back to you, I.... I just... It was out of my control but I'm back now." Looking up into his golden eyes with her own green one's she closed the rest of the distance between them.

Tears threatened to fall from his eyes as he listened to her speak and he pulled her close to him, their bodies melding together in the shadows. "Tux, I've always loved you and even when I had found another to love-it wasn't the same. You are mine and I am yours and I vow now and forever before Ewya that we are meant to be mated for life." A paw reached out and lifted her face to his own and he leaned in and kissed her passionately.

As her body fell into his and his words echoed through her mind she gave herself over to him. "I couldn't agree with you more." She purred as they laid together under the starry sky.